Andy Johnson

Delima

I have to feel sorry for this lad.

He doesn't dive yet he has been denied so many penalties. Many people call his season with Crystal Palace in Premiership a fluke due to the number of penalties he won. But it takes a good, dangerous and smart forward to draw so many penalties. Referee should make decisions according to his intepretation of the real situation, and let not the reputation of the players affect his mind. Even if the referees are to go for players reputation, they should realise that Johnson is not a serial diver (Drogba, Gerrard, Rooney).

Graham Poll is no longer the best referee in this country, or this league.

He doesn't dive yet he has been denied so many penalties.

mental.gif

He might not throw himself over when there has been no contact but once he crosses that little white line, his knees turn to jelly and when he is touched, to whatever degree, he goes down like he's been shot. Its embarrasing. He is right in the top bracket of sissy divers with the likes of Krustiano Ronaldo and Arjen Robben. Denied so many penalties? He's won an absolute shedload! blueconfused.gif

Feel sorry for him? He is actually very lucky to have not seen a lot more yellow cards than he has.

Guest theunis

Agree think he does go down a little easy some times but that is down to the ref, once the ref starts showing no mercy players will stop

I see everyone has bought into the media line then

It was a blatant penalty last night, same as against Fulham. Since Wenger opened his mouth he's suddenly seen as one of the worst divers around. Laughable.

sneeze near AJ and he'd throw himself to the ground in an instant. Diving prick.

Worse than Drogba for diving imo. Drogba is mainly OTT with his reactions rather than the reasons behind his diving imo (tho many will disagree!)

It was a blatant penalty last night, same as against Fulham. Since Wenger opened his mouth he's suddenly seen as one of the worst divers around. Laughable.

I havent seen last nights incident but the one against Fulham was indeed laughable. The guy just brushed Johnsons knees and he went down quicker than a $2 whore. Arsene is right about Johnson he is always looking for it and i'm glad Fulham beat you after that. Like I have said i havent seen last nights but I wouldnt be surprised if its the same old Johnson's legs get touched and he's suddenly on the ground like a right mincer.

Wenger has nothing to do with it. He earned his reputation in that season Palace spent in the Premiership and he's not changed.

'fraid its just his reputation (earned) catching up with him.

Guest king harry

He constantly goes down, havent seen last nights but apparently he didnt appeal for a penelty, just mcfadden went on one.

I havent seen last nights incident but the one against Fulham was indeed laughable. The guy just brushed Johnsons knees and he went down quicker than a $2 whore. Arsene is right about Johnson he is always looking for it and i'm glad Fulham beat you after that. Like I have said i havent seen last nights but I wouldnt be surprised if its the same old Johnson's legs get touched and he's suddenly on the ground like a right mincer.

How is it laugable?

<Snip>

How could you stay on feet if you are pushed by both leg and hand simultaneously?

It is a blatant foul.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know about AJ.But for some reason,Mr Poll has gone crazy over the last 2 matches he took charge off.I got a feeling there will be another red card during our next match with City.

Johnson - better than Martins. And cheaper. Well done Roeder, on another astute buy.

I bet after his first 10 games in Serie A, Johnson would look worse than Martins.

Give him a chance to adjust at least.

Adjusting to the premiership is one thing. Being able to control a football is a universal requirement. THAT does not need time to do.

We are a Premiership club, who needed a striker (well, two), as the only one we had fit was Ameobi, and he is not a premiership player. And Roeder fucked it up. Again.

• 1 month later...

Johnson - better than Martins. And cheaper. Well done Roeder, on another astute buy.

I bet after his first 10 games in Serie A, Johnson would look worse than Martins.

Give him a chance to adjust at least.

Adjusting to the premiership is one thing. Being able to control a football is a universal requirement. THAT does not need time to do.

We are a Premiership club, who needed a striker (well, two), as the only one we had fit was Ameobi, and he is not a premiership player. And Roeder fucked it up. Again.

Still hold this view?

Guest Gemmill

I see very little value in digging up old threads on Martins tbh.  Kiwi did it with another thread as well.  The fact is that when he first got here, he did look incapable of controlling a football and that he didn't know the first thing about movement off the ball - neither of which are the usual things that are the signs of a player adapting to a new league. 

Now, with some form and some goals under his belt, he's looking a much better player.  Most of the initial complaints about Martins were perfectly valid at the time. 

But people were writing him off already, so its ok to write someone off a few games in but its not ok to ask if people have changed their minds?

I sense Gemmill is getting a little nervous some of his kneejerk remarks are gonna get pulled back up  :lol:

Guest Gemmill

But people were writing him off already, so its ok to write someone off a few games in but its not ok to ask if people have changed their minds?

I sense Gemmill is getting a little nervous some of his kneejerk remarks are gonna get pulled back up  :lol:

I'm not nervous in the slightest.  The complaints I had at the time were valid and were couched in "it's early days but..." caveats.  There were very few that wrote him off, but for some reason expressing a genuine concern on here was taken to mean you had written the player off.  So there.  bluebigrazz.gif

I agree in part but there were people saying "well give the lad time, he is still adjusting" who were given responses like "adjustment is fine but he can't even do this, this and this" which to me is writing the lad off.

I have to feel sorry for this lad.

He doesn't dive yet he has been denied so many penalties. Many people call his season with Crystal Palace in Premiership a fluke due to the number of penalties he won. But it takes a good, dangerous and smart forward to draw so many penalties. Referee should make decisions according to his intepretation of the real situation, and let not the reputation of the players affect his mind. Even if the referees are to go for players reputation, they should realise that Johnson is not a serial diver (Drogba, Gerrard, Rooney).

Graham Poll is no longer the best referee in this country, or this league.

I stopped reading after that. Stamp diving out of the game!