Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Howay man, the club couldn't have made him feel more marginalised and unwanted.  Except they could have made him continue to train with the kids over the last couple of weeks.  But they didn't because we needed him as he's a good player.  That's the point here, that we're not treating our best players with any class or respect.  It'll happen to Tiote, Collocini and Ben Arfa one day and there'll still be an element of 'greedy Judas cunt' about it, and the cycle continues but we stand still, or worse go backwards.

This no-nonsense, non-negotiable, classless bullshit might work fine with minimum wage workers with no option but to shut up and accept it, but you need a more flexible approach with valued professional footballers and also other football clubs who want to hang on to their assets or at least get a decent fee for them.  If Obertan's meant to be Barton's replacement then it's a fucking joke.

Yet mike Ashley paid out a record amount in bonuses to his staff at sports direct, an average £44k for a full time worker in one of the worst periods retail has ever gone through in this country.

If we had put Barton on the transfer list and received say 1-2 M for him, we could have bought Pieters at a slightly inflated price and not have been so worried about haggling.

I don't see why we are letting him go for nought.

Every other part of this regime is tighter than a fishes arse.

This. Been saying it all summer. Why let a player of his calibre go for free if we're so desperatly in need of cash? Selling players for £45m and still not afford what you need should indicate that you shouldn't let one of your best players leave for free.

Ashley must hate Barton with a burning passion.

am I imagining things but I swear pardee said we had to wait for routledge to go before obertan came in, therefore in no shape or form is he bartons replacement (in normal logical non ashley world)

the timing of this transfer is to move focus from the fact we haven't, and probably won't, signed a lb or striker.

Losing our best right-mid on a free to fucking QPR has got to be a low point in the clubs history like. Ashley realy is such a diabolical human being.

Losing the biggest trouble maker in NUFC history at the same time.

Losing our best right-mid on a free to f***ing QPR has got to be a low point in the clubs history like. Ashley realy is such a diabolical human being.

Does it say much about the "best right-midfielder" at the club when he's decided he's signing for Queens Park fucking Rangers? :lol:

I know who'll have had the better season come May, and it won't be Barton.

Baffled by the hero worship and tears shed for someone not fit to lace the boots of a lot of midfielders I've seen play for us in the last 10 or so years.

Maybe if Viana smacked a few people, he'd be a legend.

Guest johnson293

Oh well, just came on here to see what the updates were and this.  :frantic:

Total Sport earlier, Ando was saying he didn't think Joey would join QPR, and he would turn them down and come back as a hero (as aluded to on here this afternoon), basically being stubborn towards Ashley. That was obviously before Barton's tweets.  :undecided:

Not sure what to think of his tweets to be honest. Part of me can understand him wanting security, but if he really didn't want to go, he has this final year left, and could have stuck it out.

Losing our best right-mid on a free to fucking QPR has got to be a low point in the clubs history like. Ashley realy is such a diabolical human being.

I think Duncan Ferguson left a fair few years back? Went to Everton of something.

Howay man, the club couldn't have made him feel more marginalised and unwanted.  Except they could have made him continue to train with the kids over the last couple of weeks.  But they didn't because we needed him as he's a good player.  That's the point here, that we're not treating our best players with any class or respect.  It'll happen to Tiote, Collocini and Ben Arfa one day and there'll still be an element of 'greedy Judas c***' about it, and the cycle continues but we stand still, or worse go backwards.

This no-nonsense, non-negotiable, classless bullshit might work fine with minimum wage workers with no option but to shut up and accept it, but you need a more flexible approach with valued professional footballers and also other football clubs who want to hang on to their assets or at least get a decent fee for them.  If Obertan's meant to be Barton's replacement then it's a f***ing joke.

Yet mike Ashley paid out a record amount in bonuses to his staff at sports direct, an average £44k for a full time worker in one of the worst periods retail has ever gone through in this country.

That £44k bonus figure is misleading.

The details I'd found are:

The bonus is in two stages. The first bonus is 25% of base pay in shares of £1 per share. The first bonus target was underlying EBITDA of £155m in 2009-10 and was achieved in that Year. The first bonus will vest in 2012.

The second bonus is 75% of base pay in shares of £1.25 per share. The second stage of the bonus was conditional upon the first bonus target being met in 2009-10, attaining underlying EBITDA of £195 million in 2010-2011, and underlying EBITDA /Net Debt ratio of two or less at the end of 2010-11. All these targets were achieved in the Year.

The average salary at Sports Direct is £20,000.

So I might be wrong here but by my calculations the average bonus will be about £24,000 in shares over a period of 2 years. Which is a very tidy sum but nowhere near what was quoted in the press.

I think Duncan Ferguson left a fair few years back? Went to Everton of something.

You trying to compare drunken to the idiotic things Barton has done? Drunken did nowt on our books.

Baffled by the hero worship and tears shed for someone not fit to lace the boots of a lot of midfielders I've seen play for us in the last 10 or so years.

Has nothing to do with hero worship.

People are merely disappointed to lose an important squad player on a free with seemingly no replacement lined up.

People are merely disappointed to lose an important squad player on a free with seemingly no replacement lined up.

We've signed about four French midfielders since the start of the year.

We've signed about four French midfielders since the start of the year.

Yet we go into the season with Barton in the starting XI....

Howay man, the club couldn't have made him feel more marginalised and unwanted.  Except they could have made him continue to train with the kids over the last couple of weeks.  But they didn't because we needed him as he's a good player.  That's the point here, that we're not treating our best players with any class or respect.  It'll happen to Tiote, Collocini and Ben Arfa one day and there'll still be an element of 'greedy Judas cunt' about it, and the cycle continues but we stand still, or worse go backwards.

This no-nonsense, non-negotiable, classless bullshit might work fine with minimum wage workers with no option but to shut up and accept it, but you need a more flexible approach with valued professional footballers and also other football clubs who want to hang on to their assets or at least get a decent fee for them.  If Obertan's meant to be Barton's replacement then it's a fucking joke.

I thought someone might mention this but it's a different kettle of fish anyway.  Fair enough, he didn't have to give out those bonuses but the business had just made a massive profit.  It was the first positive PR I'd ever seen with regards to working at Sports Direct and the general perception is that they're poorly paid and made to work in fairly shit working conditions.  Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And that £44k thing is massively misleading, there's no chance a £15k/year worker got £60k last year because the company performed well, so it's more than likely that the vast majority went to executives and management.  It's like saying the average NUFC worker gets £20k/week and applying it to club shop workers.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Howay man, the club couldn't have made him feel more marginalised and unwanted.  Except they could have made him continue to train with the kids over the last couple of weeks.  But they didn't because we needed him as he's a good player.  That's the point here, that we're not treating our best players with any class or respect.  It'll happen to Tiote, Collocini and Ben Arfa one day and there'll still be an element of 'greedy Judas c***' about it, and the cycle continues but we stand still, or worse go backwards.

This no-nonsense, non-negotiable, classless bullshit might work fine with minimum wage workers with no option but to shut up and accept it, but you need a more flexible approach with valued professional footballers and also other football clubs who want to hang on to their assets or at least get a decent fee for them.  If Obertan's meant to be Barton's replacement then it's a f***ing joke.

The bonus is in two stages. The first bonus is 25% of base pay in shares of £1 per share. The first bonus target was underlying EBITDA of £155m in 2009-10 and was achieved in that Year. The first bonus will vest in 2012.

The second bonus is 75% of base pay in shares of £1.25 per share. The second stage of the bonus was conditional upon the first bonus target being met in 2009-10, attaining underlying EBITDA of £195 million in 2010-2011, and underlying EBITDA /Net Debt ratio of two or less at the end of 2010-11. All these targets were achieved in the Year.

So I might be wrong here but by my calculations the average bonus will be about £24,000 in shares over a period of 2 years. Which is a very tidy sum but nowhere near what was quoted in the press.

The staff employed at charva direct total 11,000 employees, only 2,000 of the employees are full time so they will be getting the bonus, not the 9,000 part time staff who get nothing.

Most of the 2000 full time staff are managers.

Hands up who has been conned by a fcb headline ?

Agreed, some of the stuff on here and on Twitter is cringe-worthy. He's a decent player but not the legend that some people are making him out to be. A half decent replacement (Yes, I know that's part of the problem), and people would quickly forget about him.

Just out of curiosity: How are his hands forced? The same way Carrolls hands were forced? Or Nolan?

All of them had/have a contract here. They can/could do what ever the fuck they wanted to. I have no bother with them getting the best deals they can, but why try to convince people otherwise? QPR are offering a lucrative long term contract he will never get elsewhere, so he should go for it.

It's about where we're at right now, and we're far weaker if/when he leaves.

Howay man, the club couldn't have made him feel more marginalised and unwanted.  Except they could have made him continue to train with the kids over the last couple of weeks.  But they didn't because we needed him as he's a good player.  That's the point here, that we're not treating our best players with any class or respect.  It'll happen to Tiote, Collocini and Ben Arfa one day and there'll still be an element of 'greedy Judas c***' about it, and the cycle continues but we stand still, or worse go backwards.

This no-nonsense, non-negotiable, classless bullshit might work fine with minimum wage workers with no option but to shut up and accept it, but you need a more flexible approach with valued professional footballers and also other football clubs who want to hang on to their assets or at least get a decent fee for them.  If Obertan's meant to be Barton's replacement then it's a f***ing joke.

The staff employed at charva direct total 11,000 employees, only 2,000 of the employees are full time so they will be getting the bonus, not the 9,000 part time staff who get nothing.

Most of the 2000 full time staff are managers.

Hands up who has been conned by a fcb headline ?

I'm presuming the average salary figure of £20,000 I'd used in my calculations is for the 2000 full time employees and excludes the part time staff ?