Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

"It's a well known fact there's little value in the January Market which is why we've kept our powder dry. I'm just glad this window is shut with us only having just lost Cheik."

Pardew- February 2012

I must say Barton has done a brilliant job getting the fans on his side via twitter, PR genius by Wullie McKay

Barton is as much to blame on him not getting a new contract as Ashley IMO

Nah, that's a failure.  Yes he got a new contract with higher paid, but it is from a shit club which is hotly tipped for relegation. Who knows what will happen if they relegate?  His career has "ended" because there's money left, no achievement nor trophies.  Barton definitely has the quality to get those money in any club, say Villa and Everton.  He didn't.  That's a complete failure. 

I bet back in June what Barton think was his performance last season could warrant him a place in any clubs in EPL, and thus by doing so many PR things he could either force the club to give him lucrative contracts, or force the club to sell him on a cheap.  He nearly did it, if Ashley is not that "hardcore", or other clubs didn't share the same view as Ashley.  The fact that only QPR made an offer for Barton is a great, great blow to him, and probably to Willie as well.  Think, even those clubs like Bolton, Blackburn or Wolves didn't inquire him when he is available for free.  This is "unbelievable" to him and to some of us, but that's the truth and it indicates what the people inside the football industry rate him.

Guest bimpy474

This transfer window needs to close quickly or we'll lose Colo as Valencia now definitely have the money to buy him having sold Mata to the Russians. I think we overrate Tiote and there is not that much interest at the moment in buying him. Another good season, where he doesn't get booked every other game, he'll be gone as well.

I'll always support the players wearing the shirt, but the club I just hate it and will continue to do so until Ashley sells up.

Woah there sausage, hate Ashley not the club, the club was here before and will be here long after Fatty implodes.

I love this club more than the wife and kids, more than breathing and more than chocolate hob nobs.

Wife I can understand, but kids?!

You haven't met them :D

This transfer window needs to close quickly or we'll lose Colo as Valencia now definitely have the money to buy him having sold Mata to the Russians. I think we overrate Tiote and there is not that much interest at the moment in buying him. Another good season, where he doesn't get booked every other game, he'll be gone as well.

I'll always support the players wearing the shirt, but the club I just hate it and will continue to do so until Ashley sells up.

Woah there sausage, hate Ashley not the club, the club was here before and will be here long after Fatty implodes.

I love this club more than the wife and kids, more than breathing and more than chocolate hob nobs.

He lost me after Chocolate Hob Nobs.

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

:sadnod:

This is the sad truth :(

Gutted that he's going but I guess this situation was inevitable as soon as he was transfer listed. Well done to those c***s, Ashley and Llambias for forcing another one of our key players out :angry: :rant:

Ignoring his own words(and McKays) that he had all but agreed a deal hinging on him wanting an extra year, then deciding to call off talks til the summer(and twittergate) aye it was all their doing.........

Was going to edit my post saying that Barton should share some of the blame too for his Twitter ramblings, obviously I'm too late to do so :razz:

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Well I'm sad to see the back of Joey, last season and so far this season he's been a great player for us. Yes he's a bit mental but he seems to have curtailed the off the field bollox all be it in favour of twitter rants. Erm since I don't really know what happens inside a football club I can't say whose to blame, it appears like it's a bit from both sides. He has to leave as he has no new contract offer but then again the club can't offer him near the reported £60k he's on so would there be a point in saying, "yeah Joey we want you to stay for another two years for £30k a week". The fact that he's going to QPR and not a top four club like the mong agent he has is scant consolation.

Here we go Jimmy Bullard (Joke)

Anyway a modern day thinker like himself deserves the inspiration and creative freedom of an enlightened city like London to blossom. :)

Guest bimpy474

A dastardly chocolate delight, lovely crumbly biscuit with chocolate on top, i'd bum that inventor.

Guest Roger Kint

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

Gutted that he's going but I guess this situation was inevitable as soon as he was transfer listed. Well done to those c***s, Ashley and Llambias for forcing another one of our key players out :angry: :rant:

Ignoring his own words(and McKays) that he had all but agreed a deal hinging on him wanting an extra year, then deciding to call off talks til the summer(and twittergate) aye it was all their doing.........

Was going to edit my post saying that Barton should share some of the blame too for his Twitter ramblings, obviously I'm too late to do so :razz:

To be fair i was more answering the previous post claiming he wasnt offered a contract tbh the twitter bit to me wasnt worth this outcome but the FCB doesnt do sense

Mine a re a pain in the arse like, do nowt but work their ticket.

You know, now that he's left and the black-and-white-tinted glasses are off, I'm starting to realize that he really is a despicable, pathetic sort of human being.

And that's completely independent from his transfer and how he was screwed over by Team Ashley. Just no longer feel the need to legitimize all the shit that he's done in my head anymore.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I must say Barton has done a brilliant job getting the fans on his side via twitter, PR genius by Wullie McKay

Barton is as much to blame on him not getting a new contract as Ashley IMO

Nah, that's a failure.  Yes he got a new contract with higher paid, but it is from a shit club which is hotly tipped for relegation. Who knows what will happen if they relegate?  His career has "ended" because there's money left, no achievement nor trophies.  Barton definitely has the quality to get those money in any club, say Villa and Everton.  He didn't.  That's a complete failure. 

I bet back in June what Barton think was his performance last season could warrant him a place in any clubs in EPL, and thus by doing so many PR things he could either force the club to give him lucrative contracts, or force the club to sell him on a cheap.  He nearly did it, if Ashley is not that "hardcore", or other clubs didn't share the same view as Ashley.  The fact that only QPR made an offer for Barton is a great, great blow to him, and probably to Willie as well.  Think, even those clubs like Bolton, Blackburn or Wolves didn't inquire him when he is available for free.  This is "unbelievable" to him and to some of us, but that's the truth and it indicates what the people inside the football industry rate him.

That's an interesting way to think about it. Be interesting to see how much he's on at QPR, considering they're pretty flush with their cash at the moment.

A dastardly chocolate delight, lovely crumbly biscuit with chocolate on top, i'd bum that inventor.

:snod:

Deciding to free transfer one of your better players because of his twitter ramblings is akin to me killing your wife and kids because you stepped on my toe.

I do wonder how much the other players like/dislike him, or what the general feeling about him is in the squad.

Pretty sure Cabaye came out recently and named only Barton when referencing how the other lads had been since he'd arrived. He was only positive about him.

Simpson named him and Tavernier said he was his mentor.

Joseph Barton

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Don't want to leave Newcastle........I've made that clear but my hands are tied.

51 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Hmmmm....

:undecided: :(

For someone with tied hands, he's doing pretty well at picking up a pen and signing a contract.

Guest WashyGeordie

Joseph Barton

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Don't want to leave Newcastle........I've made that clear but my hands are tied.

51 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Hmmmm....

:undecided: :(

I love how the players are always 'victims', because he HAS to go. Aye...