Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Him and Taarabt should be a hoot to watch mind.

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

Played what, 20 mins in 2 seasons? And we want to rely on him?

I'd genuinely love to come from whatever planet on which this is considered a good move by the club. Another vocal leader, and driving force behind our resurgence being shown the door. f***ing unreal.

I think the bit in bold is just about the only level on which I'm bothered about his departure. Where's our much needed nasty streak going to come from without Barton? ???

Ban Sammy from eating KFC before match days and he'll turn into the Incredible Hulk.

Security? If he cannot make the multiple millions he's already made last his lifetime then he is a bigger mug than I ever thought possible.

This. It's hard to weep for the uncertain financial future of poor racehorse-owning Joey Barton. I'm extremely good at what I do and get a reasonable wedge for doing it, but it would take me decades to earn what Joey has trousered from just one season at NUFC.

Yes but the going rate for a footballer is a lot more than people get for what society would deen more important jobs whether it is a bricklayer, a nurse, or your avarage office worker or factory line worker at Nissan.

Footballers at the top level get ridiculous wages but only in comparison to most of the population.

Rightly or wrongly the pay is onlty realistically compared with what other premiership clubs' players are earning.

Missing the point by some distance. He doesn't have to think about security, he's sucure for life, so his kids and their kids and generations for a long time. Security has been mentioned more than a couple of times in here, which I find ridiculous. Mentioning security is comparing his situation to the average Joe, us who are struggling with bills, looking for work, losing their homes, their businesses, Barton will never understand that, so people mentioning security can lay off the dramatics IMO.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not Mike's biggest fan, but I get the impression a lot of people will criticise the decisions they make whatever they do.

This is true but tbf he has brought that all on himself, as Super Dave Osborne used to say "Mike your a putz"

I don't think it is true.  If he buys a LB, CB, midfielder and striker next week and they strengthen our first team and squad then many including me will shut the f*** up and get on with the season.  People keep treating these things as isolated incidents which is completely mind-blowing - it's been bad decision after bad decision, with too few good ones and too much f***ing around in the transfer market when we should have money in our pocket from all of the players we've sold.  The one consistent theme is a lack of ambition and doing things on the cheap above all else.

Agreed, if he does sign 3 players, left back, Barton's replacement and a striker, fair do's but as with every window we seem to sell and not replace, got my fingers crossed on this though, we have never been in a better position transfer fund wise to get players in.

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

How can you say that when we have barely had enough time to judge Cabaye? It's a major ask for these new signings to hit the ground running when they come from a different country/league. Taking to it like to a duck to water (as Robert did) is very rare.

And if they fail because they have been thrown in the deep end then it's unforgivable on our part. Look at the way Man Utd bring in players through their team gradually keeping old heads but blooding youngsters where as with teams like us it's be a superstar or fuck off.

I'm not Mike's biggest fan, but I get the impression a lot of people will criticise the decisions they make whatever they do.

This is true but tbf he has brought that all on himself, as Super Dave Osborne used to say "Mike your a putz"

I don't think it is true.  If he buys a LB, CB, midfielder and striker next week and they strengthen our first team and squad then many including me will shut the f*** up and get on with the season.  People keep treating these things as isolated incidents which is completely mind-blowing - it's been bad decision after bad decision, with too few good ones and too much f***ing around in the transfer market when we should have money in our pocket from all of the players we've sold.  The one consistent theme is a lack of ambition and doing things on the cheap above all else.

Yup. It's an attempt to do business on the cheap, and if anyone says anything bad about the way NUFC is being run, they're shipped out. Especially if their wage is more than 2 farthings.

And anyone who was in the group of players who confronted Ashley / Llambias after he fired Houghton also has a target on their backs.

Harper has been pretty open about this in public.

Wtf kind of shit statement is this? Is giving Barton away for nowt a good decision?

Security? If he cannot make the multiple millions he's already made last his lifetime then he is a bigger mug than I ever thought possible.

This. It's hard to weep for the uncertain financial future of poor racehorse-owning Joey Barton. I'm extremely good at what I do and get a reasonable wedge for doing it, but it would take me decades to earn what Joey has trousered from just one season at NUFC.

Yes but the going rate for a footballer is a lot more than people get for what society would deen more important jobs whether it is a bricklayer, a nurse, or your avarage office worker or factory line worker at Nissan.

Footballers at the top level get ridiculous wages but only in comparison to most of the population.

Rightly or wrongly the pay is onlty realistically compared with what other premiership clubs' players are earning.

Missing the point by some distance. He doesn't have to think about security, he's sucure for life, so his kids and their kids and generations for a long time. Security has been mentioned more than a couple of times in here, which I find ridiculous. Mentioning security is comparing his situation to the average Joe, us who are struggling with bills, looking for work, losing their homes, their businesses, Barton will never understand that, so people mentioning security can lay off the dramatics IMO.

I disagree. It's all relative. If Barton lived in a 3 bed semi, and drove a 52 plate astra then yes, what he has in the bank would mean security for the rest of his life. But he doesn't.

Guest bimpy474

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

Played what, 20 mins in 2 seasons? And we want to rely on him?

Got to play sometime, he's definitely talented and tbf to him he has missed less football here than Joey has in his time with us.

Wtf kind of shit statement is this? Is giving Barton away for nowt a good decision?

If we could have got money for him I'm sure we would have took it, reason he's free is no one wants him, bar QPR, and he's jumped at the first chance to leave.

Rest of the footballing community don't rate him as much as we do.

How can you say that when we have barely had enough time to judge Cabaye? It's a major ask for these new signings to hit the ground running when they come from a different country/league. Taking to it like to a duck to water (as Robert did) is very rare.

It's not like Cabaye suddenly just materialised into existence when we signed him - Nut is referring to his set piece taking ability, which is something that can be judged based on his career in French football. Taking a corner isn't more difficult in the premier league.

I disagree. It's all relative. If Barton lived in a 3 bed semi, and drove a 52 plate astra then yes, what he has in the bank would mean security for the rest of his life. But he doesn't.

Again missing the point, security has no relevance when you are dealing in millions in the bank.

Wtf kind of s*** statement is this? Is giving Barton away for nowt a good decision?

It's all whatever spin you put on things, what mindset you look at situations with. Negative and positive aspects in lots of Ashleys actions.

Again missing the point, security has no relevance when you are dealing in millions in the bank.

Tell that to anyone with a few mill in the bank looking at the possible end of their income in a year.

The biggest issue for me, again, is squad size.

With Barton gone it leaves us roughly two/three players short (I can't be arsed to actually check) of the squad in January, and I thought that squad was wafer thin too.

We've simply got to bring bodies in, and right now I don't have faith in us doing that, so the more people like Barton we can keep hold of, the better.

It does if your mortage runs in to thousand, or even tens of thousands per month. Your kids school fees are tens of thousand of pounds per term. Half what you own goes to your ex wife etc etc.

I'm not saying those are Bartons circumstances by the way.

It's not like Cabaye suddenly just materialised into existence when we signed him - Nut is referring to his set piece taking ability, which is something that can be judged based on his career in French football. Taking a corner isn't more difficult in the premier league.

Great let's not worry about him adapting to the pace of the Premier League. At least we'll have good corners....

It does if your mortage runs in to thousand, or even tens of thousands per month. Your kids school fees are tens of thousand of pounds per term. Half what you own goes to your ex wife etc etc.

I'm not saying those are Bartons circumstances by the way.

Well they aren't so again not relevant. Were talking about Barton here, not someone else.

Great let's not worry about him adapting to the pace of the Premier League. At least we'll have good corners....

Again, that wasn't the point that was being discussed. Didn't exactly look to me like he was going to struggle to adapt to the pace at the weekend anyway.

Do you think Man City thought "s***, let's not get Aguero to replace Tevez, he might not adapt".

Cabaye is a class player man.

Tell that to anyone with a few mill in the bank looking at the possible end of their income in a year.

He'd get offers after here. Probably a better club than QPR as well.