Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Security? If he cannot make the multiple millions he's already made last his lifetime then he is a bigger mug than I ever thought possible.

This. It's hard to weep for the uncertain financial future of poor racehorse-owning Joey Barton. I'm extremely good at what I do and get a reasonable wedge for doing it, but it would take me decades to earn what Joey has trousered from just one season at NUFC.

Yes but the going rate for a footballer is a lot more than people get for what society would deen more important jobs whether it is a bricklayer, a nurse, or your avarage office worker or factory line worker at Nissan.

Footballers at the top level get ridiculous wages but only in comparison to most of the population.

Rightly or wrongly the pay is onlty realistically compared with what other premiership clubs' players are earning.

Missing the point by some distance. He doesn't have to think about security, he's sucure for life, so his kids and their kids and generations for a long time. Security has been mentioned more than a couple of times in here, which I find ridiculous. Mentioning security is comparing his situation to the average Joe, us who are struggling with bills, looking for work, losing their homes, their businesses, Barton will never understand that, so people mentioning security can lay off the dramatics IMO.

I disagree. It's all relative. If Barton lived in a 3 bed semi, and drove a 52 plate astra then yes, what he has in the bank would mean security for the rest of his life. But he doesn't.

Again missing the point, security has no relevance when you are dealing in millions in the bank.

Tell that to anyone with a few mill in the bank looking at the possible end of their income in a year.

He'd get offers after here. Probably a better club than QPR as well.

Again your assuming that De Jong doesn't break his leg this season. Any time a club let a footballer enter the last year of their contract a gamble is made on all parts.

Will he be decent and we can resign him.

Will he break his leg and we can get rid.

Will he be shit and we can get rid.

Will he be too good and we can't afford to keep him.

Will a cuntish London club get taken over by Cuntish owners and throw money at him.

We gambled and lost.

Guest bimpy474

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Him and Taarabt should be a hoot to watch mind.

How can you say that when we have barely had enough time to judge Cabaye? It's a major ask for these new signings to hit the ground running when they come from a different country/league. Taking to it like to a duck to water (as Robert did) is very rare.

It's not like Cabaye suddenly just materialised into existence when we signed him - Nut is referring to his set piece taking ability, which is something that can be judged based on his career in French football. Taking a corner isn't more difficult in the premier league.

Great let's not worry about him adapting to the pace of the Premier League. At least we'll have good corners....

Do you think Man City thought "s***, let's not get Aguero to replace Tevez, he might not adapt".

Cabaye is a class player man.

Don't post crap man. Are you seriously comparing our squad and it's limited options with Man City's??

I'm comparing City replacing a proven player in the Premier League to someone very talented but not proven in the Premier League, to Newcastle replacing a proven player in the Premier League to someone very talented but not proven in the Premier League.

This point is very true, its only their prices which differ.

I'm guessing Aguero has a similar market value to Tevez, and without clauses/being released Cabaye & Barton would have been similar too. I don't see why it's a bad comparison tbh, plus Cabaye will have Tiote & Jonas around him who do know the league.

Without sounding like i want bum you, i think your point was perfectly put and well thought out, and accurate.

Your not comparing us to Man City but the thought process behind the signing of certain players.

Edit, just realised when i said prices differ, i meant our two compared to their two, not Aguero to Tevez ;)

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

:lol:

Actualy fuck it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

We have Williamson, Guthrie and Ferguson to fit right in, so we don't need them anyway.

If he broke his leg and couldn't play again he'd be set for life with the insurance payout. He'd have a great case to say he could have got 4 years on his current whack if it wasn't for the broken leg. See Richards for tottenham and his payout.

Guest bimpy474

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

We have Williamson, Guthrie and Ferguson to fit right in, so we don't need them anyway.

Would you feel better if i bought you an ice cream, you sound like you need a cuddle.

Gosling?

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the twat to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

Gosling?

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

Would you feel better if i bought you an ice cream, you sound like you need a cuddle.

If it sounds like I need a cuddle then why are you offering Ice Cream?

I'd take a cuddle like, if you're offering.

Guest bimpy474

We've actualy just given away a player for free man, one of our best performers last season (and some would argue the best, he certainly wasn't far off), how are people kidding themselves that there was some actual possotive side to this decision :lol:

There is only one positive side and thats the Barton flying circus that comes with his drama queen antics.

Football side of it we have lost out big time, no doubt about that.

Letting Joey Barton go on a free and fannying about over buying a new left back when Ryan Taylor has started our last 4 league games ffs.

And that's ignoring the need for a striker and the lack of cover at the back.  We need to keep our fingers crossed that the injured players in our squad overcome their problems, because we're selling players that were playing week-in, week-out last season and taking another huge gamble.

Guest bimpy474

Gosling?

It works every time with my kids, an ice cream and a cuddle :D

Gosling?

Can we rename the thread - Joey Barton - Ice Cream & Cuddles.

Gosling?

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the twat to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

He's a high wage earner, he's now off the payroll. This wasn't punishment to Barton in any way shaoe or form, quite the opposite infact, it gave him freedom to do what he wanted a year before his contract ran out.

Guest bimpy474

Letting Joey Barton go on a free and fannying about over buying a new left back when Ryan Taylor has started our last 4 league games ffs.

And that's ignoring the need for a striker and the lack of cover at the back.  We need to keep our fingers crossed that the injured players in our squad overcome their problems, because we're selling players that were playing week-in, week-out last season and taking another huge gamble.

Didn't Fergie start against W.B.A at left back ?

We've actualy just given away a player for free man, one of our best performers last season (and some would argue the best, he certainly wasn't far off), how are people kidding themselves that there was some actual possotive side to this decision :lol:

Lets not forget how well we performed under the constraints of ashley Not a lover by any means but it is amazing how well human beings respond to change despite not wanting it in the majority of cases.

Guest bimpy474

Gosling?

Can we rename the thread - Joey Barton - Ice Cream & Cuddles.

:mackems:  O0

Gosling?

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

Getting rid of a player on "high" wages = saving money, even if we are getting rid for £0. Barton's punishment was not befitting of the crime, not even close. But they want rid of him, so it's a convenient excuse.

Our squad is threadbare in attack and defense, we've fucked around taking the piss with multiple "transfer targets", so much so that 2 clubs have complained about our conduct, we shipped out Carroll and have seen fuck all back, we shipped out Enrique because he saw our lack of any will to progress as a club. We're ran by fucking monkeys with fucking typewriters.

It is the blurst of times to be a NUFC fan.

Gosling?

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the t*** to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

He's a high wage earner, he's now off the payroll. This wasn't punishment to Barton in any way shaoe or form, quite the opposite infact, it gave him freedom to do what he wanted a year before his contract ran out.

Jeez are u joey barton in disguise? The guy has only turned up after years of fighting his inner deacons.

Does anyone think that someone like Warnock or Holloway would have just diffused the comments by Barton on Twitter with a glib comment?

yep- trouble is Ashleys a liar, the last thing a liar wants is to be called a liar.

Didn't Fergie start against W.B.A at left back ?

Ryan Taylor started in central midfield in the final 2 games of last season. :lol:

And we can afford to sell half of our first team and rely on players with highly questionable fitness records as an alternative.