Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

We've actualy just given away a player for free man, one of our best performers last season (and some would argue the best, he certainly wasn't far off), how are people kidding themselves that there was some actual possotive side to this decision :lol:

There is only one positive side and thats the Barton flying circus that comes with his drama queen antics.

Football side of it we have lost out big time, no doubt about that.

I liked the Joey Barton drama tbh, withought this and the rest of the farcical shite that goes on we'd just be a run of the mill mid table side, like Villa or Bolton. Boring as fuck.

I think a lot of people are starting to come round to Barton aswel tbh, the level headed people who aren't still holding a grudge about him sparking some kid out in Liverpool, anyway.

Guest bimpy474

Does anyone think that someone like Warnock or Holloway would have just diffused the comments by Barton on Twitter with a glib comment?

Indeed, Warnock would have took the piss and Holloway laughed it off, tbf to Pardew he hasn't slagged Joey off for the twitter stuff.

Guest bimpy474

We've actualy just given away a player for free man, one of our best performers last season (and some would argue the best, he certainly wasn't far off), how are people kidding themselves that there was some actual possotive side to this decision :lol:

There is only one positive side and thats the Barton flying circus that comes with his drama queen antics.

I liked the Joey Barton drama tbh, withought this and the rest of the farcical s**** that goes on we'd just be a run of the mill mid table side, like Villa or Bolton. Boring as f***.

I think a lot of people are starting to come round to Barton aswel tbh, the level headed people who aren't still holding a grudge about him sparking some kid out in Liverpool, anyway.

I couldn't careless about his punch ups, my problem with Joey is/was, we have turned into Joey Barton United, its all about him, the captaincy, whoever the manager picks you respect it, you dont stamp your feet, same thing with the set pieces, its always about him and not the team for all his its about the team statements, i dont doubt he loved the team but his longing to be centre attention did/does drag a bit.

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Him and Taarabt should be a hoot to watch mind.

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

:lol:

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

We have Williamson, Guthrie and Ferguson to fit right in, so we don't need them anyway.

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the t*** to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

He's a high wage earner, he's now off the payroll. This wasn't punishment to Barton in any way shaoe or form, quite the opposite infact, it gave him freedom to do what he wanted a year before his contract ran out.

Jeez are u joey barton in disguise? The guy has only turned up after years of fighting his inner deacons.

Come on then hopperz, explain to me how Joey has been 'punished' in this whole farce?

He's gotten exactly what he wanted, a decent contract to see out his career. But aye, I must be Joey Barton if I think giving away players for free for saying shit on twitter is a bit extreme.

I wasn't particularly optimistic for this summer but it's been far worse than I imagined. I've been out of news for a month but madness as far as i can tell. If you asked me to name 3 players I most liked in January and the reason I was really enjoying football again it would have been Carrol, Nolan and Barton. Our squad desperately needed strengthening but instead two transfer windows in a row, we're leaking our core.

Surely we'd pay millions for someone of Barton's quality - why not just fucking give him a contract - or at least keep him til this is up.

Lets not forget how well we performed under the constraints of ashley Not a lover by any means but it is amazing how well human beings respond to change despite not wanting it in the majority of cases.

However, with the departure of Hughton and Carroll, it was Nolan and Barton who were saying that the club was more important than any one individual and they just had to focus on the next game and asked for the fans to stay with them.  Not sure who will be doing that anymore - maybe Carver but that is not quite the same and I don't think anything Pardew says carries much weight now (if it ever did).

I liked the Joey Barton drama tbh, withought this and the rest of the farcical s**** that goes on we'd just be a run of the mill mid table side, like Villa or Bolton. Boring as f***.

I couldn't careless about his punch ups, my problem with Joey is/was, we have turned into Joey Barton United, its all about him, the captaincy, whoever the manager picks you respect it, you dont stamp your feet, same thing with the set pieces, its always about him and not the team for all his its about the team statements, i dont doubt he loved the team but his longing to be centre attention did/does drag a bit.

I agree in a way, although I would argue that the whole 'Barton show' was a media created thing, he wasn't THAT bad. Barton is a character, and everything he does/says can be turned into a story.

There are probably a lot of players who argue over set pieces, write shite on twitter ect, but when Barton does it some random journo will write an article on it.

I'll miss him as a player first an pd foremost though, but theres definatly a part of me that had a massive man crush on the bloke because of his 'controvertial' attictude.

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

We have Williamson, Guthrie and Ferguson to fit right in, so we don't need them anyway.

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the t*** to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

He's a high wage earner, he's now off the payroll. This wasn't punishment to Barton in any way shaoe or form, quite the opposite infact, it gave him freedom to do what he wanted a year before his contract ran out.

Jeez are u joey barton in disguise? The guy has only turned up after years of fighting his inner deacons.

Come on then hopperz, explain to me how Joey has been 'punished' in this whole farce?

He's gotten exactly what he wanted, a decent contract to see out his career. But aye, I must be Joey Barton if I think giving away players for free for saying s*** on twitter is a bit extreme.

You are forgetting his history though. Would be different if it was a bigger team but QPR. P.s. spell my name right

I'm not buying the whole thing about Barton needing a long deal in case he gets injured. He's a fucking millionaire like all the rest of these over paid cunts in the top division. They could give up football tomorrow and live a life of luxury compared to most. But I don't at all hold that against him for leaving if he does. End of the day the tone of the club's behaviour this window is obvious. They don't want you if you publically don't pull in the same direction as them and also if your closer to 30 and on big money, you're considered a risk not worth keeping.

What galls me is that fucking Alan Smith is still here and on similar wages to Barton yet Barton is so much more a better player for us and is potentially off.

Will we get a replacement for Barton? well we have a few players that could do a job on the right. I presume Jonas, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, R.Taylor or Gosling perhaps could all fill in a shift there. But for me they ain't the people for that position long term. I suppose Obertan is the main man for Barton's position if he leaves. Barton is proved to be valuable in the position in the here and now, jury is still out on Obertan.

Can't help but feel we now have to get another right sided midfielder in addition to a left back and a striker when we could simply offer Joey a deal to keep him for a few years.

I think we're all going to be pleasantly suprised come the end of this transfer window...

Agreed.

Obviously I'm assuming we're all pleasantly surprised by no incoming transfer activity and threadbare squads.

I don't think anyone wanted this outcome. Some of us are just baulking at the idea that Ashley is entirely to blame. Barton has behaved in an arrogant and selfish manner over the last few months. QPR is what he deserves.

Guest bimpy474

Letting Joey Barton go on a free and fannying about over buying a new left back when Ryan Taylor has started our last 4 league games ffs.

And that's ignoring the need for a striker and the lack of cover at the back.  We need to keep our fingers crossed that the injured players in our squad overcome their problems, because we're selling players that were playing week-in, week-out last season and taking another huge gamble.

Didn't Fergie start against W.B.A at left back ?

Ryan Taylor started in central midfield in the final 2 games of last season. :lol:

And we can afford to sell half of our first team and rely on players with highly questionable fitness records as an alternative.

Ahh i see what you mean about Taylor, sorry mate i with you now.

Gosling?

He's gotten exactly what he wanted, a decent contract to see out his career. But aye, I must be Joey Barton if I think giving away players for free for saying s*** on twitter is a bit extreme.

You are forgetting his history though. Would be different if it was a bigger team but QPR. P.s. spell my name right

I havn't forgotten his history, i'm just not closed minded enough to still judge him on it. He's seemingly improved as a person over the past few years, he's still a gobby cunt with an ego, but he's put a lot of things right.

And who has come in for him doesn't matter, i've seen with my own eyes what he brings to us last season, the fact a Champions League club havn't come in for him does not change that, giving him away for nothing is utterly ridiculous.

From seeing our first two games Barton is going to be a massive miss. astonishing stupidity to let him go. and for nowt!

so now we need a First XI midfielder, a left back and a striker before the deadline. no excuses about missing out on ANY of those.

Guest bimpy474

I agree in a way, although I would argue that the whole 'Barton show' was a media created thing, he wasn't THAT bad. Barton is a character, and everything he does/says can be turned into a story.

There are probably a lot of players who argue over set pieces, write s**** on twitter ect, but when Barton does it some random journo will write an article on it.

I'll miss him as a player first an pd foremost though, but theres definatly a part of me that had a massive man crush on the bloke because of his 'controvertial' attictude.

Dont get me wrong there really is something charming about Joey, but what you said there about Journo's writting about anything he puts on twitter or whatever, thats exactly where he has to be more smart, dont put it but he loves the attention and it eventually brings the wrong attention, thats then reflected on us by him playing for us, unfairly sometimes but it just makes you shake your head at times, its not as if we get a bad enough deal from the press as it is.

I don't think anyone wanted this outcome. Some of us are just baulking at the idea that Ashley is entirely to blame. Barton has behaved in an arrogant and selfish manner over the last few months. QPR is what he deserves.

I agree about Barton, I think it was pretty obvios what he was up to the day he opened up his twitter account. I still put 100% blame on Ashley giving him away though.

Had he stayed he would have put a shift in on the pitch until his contract had expired, which is all that matters from a footballer, so imo from a purely footballing persoective we've lost out big time due to Ashley's stubborness (or asset stripping, whichever way you want to see it).

Guest bimpy474

Anyone worked out how much this will save us in wages between now and June 30th yet?

It was ages ok, along with some algebra about his replacements cost, wages and fizzy pop cafe allowance.

Anyone worked out how much this will save us in wages between now and June 30th yet?

It was ages ok, along with some algebra about his replacements cost, wages and fizzy pop cafe allowance.

Has it actually happened? :lol: