Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, Dinho lad said:

Yeah, yeah... 'course it was the drink; not Barton. 

Drink can make people do some bad things obviously, but a decent person underneath it all surely wouldn’t attack their own partner. We all know he has issues, even though I never rated him as a player nor care much for him as an individual, I do hope he can remain out of trouble and get on with his life and become a decent person.

Always been a despicable character. 

considering 1) he was such a bang average player and 2) his terrible behaviour throughout his career, it’s shocking and disgusting that he had a managerial job in League 1 in the first place. 

Far better players and less despicable characters have been given considerably less chances than this lad.  

Guest HTT II
Just now, The College Dropout said:

Always been a despicable character. 

considering 1) he was such a bang average player and 2) his terrible behaviour throughout his career, it’s shocking and disgusting that he had a managerial job in League 1 in the first place. 

Far better players and less despicable characters have been given considerably less chances than this lad.  

That’s true, but people do deserve second chances and I think he’s shown as a manager promise or rather that he has something to offer to the game. Given his history he could be a huge role model to younger players coming through, but he just seems a complete knacker at times!

Gallowgate Shots did a top 4 Scousers vote thing the other week with this knacker in it.

80 odd appearances in 4 years.

A half season where Andy Carroll made every player putting a cross in look like Beckham and he gets in as a choice ahead of Paul Bracewell and Kevin Nolan.

And all because he slightly spoke out against Ashley and kisses our arse. Beggars belief.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

That’s true, but people do deserve second chances and I think he’s shown as a manager promise or rather that he has something to offer to the game. Given his history he could be a huge role model to younger players coming through, but he just seems a complete knacker at times!

I get second chances but he's needed that every couple of years for almost two decades now.. 

It is a shame from a purely footballing perspective because as you say, he's clearly shown he could have something about him as a manager in his two roles so far. But how many second chances does he get until he's just a bellend who's never going to change in spite of an eloquent soundbite from time to time?

EDIT: Two fucking decades of Joey Barton. Makes me feel so old. 

Edited by wormy

59 minutes ago, HTT II said:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/scottish-premiership/2016-2017/the-life-and-crimes-of-joey-barton-but-is-he-football-s-biggest-bad-boy_sto5860687/story-amp.shtml

this must be his 25th chance. A lot of violent altercations in there. And it’s consistent with little restbite. 

‘A complete knacker at times’ is more applicable to a Bellamy or a Dyer or Ashley Cole - I mean Dyer and Cole was just young rich and foolish. 

Bartons genuinely a bad character. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, wormy said:

I get second chances but he's needed that every couple of years for almost two decades now.. 

It is a shame from a purely footballing perspective because as you say, he's clearly shown he could have something about him as a manager in his two roles so far. But how many second chances does he get until he's just a bellend who's never going to change in spite of an eloquent soundbite from time to time?

EDIT: Two fucking decades of Joey Barton. Makes me feel so old. 

Aye, he’s a wrong ‘un like and it’s hard to feel like giving him chance after chance.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/scottish-premiership/2016-2017/the-life-and-crimes-of-joey-barton-but-is-he-football-s-biggest-bad-boy_sto5860687/story-amp.shtml

this must be his 25th chance. A lot of violent altercations in there. And it’s consistent with little restbite. 

‘A complete knacker at times’ is more applicable to a Bellamy or a Dyer or Ashley Cole - I mean Dyer and Cole was just young rich and foolish. 

Bartons genuinely a bad character. 

I just hope for his sake he can do something positive and stop being such a wanker basically. I doubt it will happen, but he’s shown promise as a manager and obviously has a lot to give/offer.

18 hours ago, wormy said:

Winds the mackems up though. Top bloke. 

@North Somerset Gas @Gashead 73 @GreenersGas @stroudgas Sorry if you've no interest in discussing but just thought it'd be interesting to get your thoughts on him as our new football friends?

To me personally, I have always thought the bloke is a prize bellend and hate the fact that he is part of our club. Myself personally, haven’t been to a game he has been in charge of, I have only been watching through iFollow recently due to the emergence of Elliot Anderson and wanted to see what the hype is about. Members of my family are victims of domestic abuse and I have at times intervened because it’s not something I support and will not support therefor JB gets none from me. Others love him, I have no idea why but annoyingly he’s getting us playing some alright stuff. I personally can’t wait to see the back of him.

On 18/03/2022 at 20:56, wormy said:

Winds the mackems up though. Top bloke. 

@North Somerset Gas @Gashead 73 @GreenersGas @stroudgas Sorry if you've no interest in discussing but just thought it'd be interesting to get your thoughts on him as our new football friends?

Thoughts on Barton.

As a manager he has transformed our club beyond recognition on and off the pitch.

Stated in the Elliot Anderson thread he has basically been given the keys to the club, and brought it to a whole new level.

He seems determined to get us to the championship for the first time in the best part of 3 decades.

Personality wise he is going about his business in a professional manner.

He ranted for a while and lambasted previous managers and players with little mercy on his arrival.

So in that respect he appears to be evolving.

All of that to one side if it is proved he attacked his wife then I would want him gone in an instant.

The thing is if he had kicked his Mrs in the head, why did she  not have a head injury to reflect that.

Not defending him in any way, whatever the outcome the man needs to get some ongoing counselling or a DMT trip.

As we all know he has a habit of snapping.

I think he will always cast a shadow, a real shame as he is doing an amazing job here and is clearly very good at spotting the right players and they all run through brick walls for him.

Court case adjourned now until June.

Our owner has gone on record as saying if guilty he is gone.

I don't believe his Mrs was kicked in the head as there were no subsequent injuries to reflect that, but it seems highly likely something happenned.

Overall opinion, great manager and philosopher of the game who lives and breathes the game.

Off the pitch, a narcissistic bully and coward.

On 19/03/2022 at 08:27, HTT II said:

I just hope for his sake he can do something positive and stop being such a wanker basically. I doubt it will happen, but he’s shown promise as a manager and obviously has a lot to give/offer.

He reminds me of my ex wife, never at fault, always someone or something else to blame. 

I'm not sure if narcissistic people are capable of change, seems like a personality disorder.

On 18/03/2022 at 20:15, Kid Icarus said:

Similar. I usually have 1 to 3 a week depending on what mood I'm in and have done for years, with it upping in the last 18 months because I gave up weed. Could drink 3 and have a mint time now like, but it would be a special occasion for that. The idea of drinking 4 or 5 and being Barton's weight sounds totally deranged and deliberately asking for trouble.

Traded in the weed for more booze? Sounds like an awful trade in to me mate. The plant is a far better way to live IMO.

38 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Traded in the weed for more booze? Sounds like an awful trade in to me mate. The plant is a far better way to live IMO.

Totally agree. It's just a needs-must arrangement really. I can't drink or vape on a night time when I'm looking after my baby daughter, but when we're both looking after her it's a lot easier/more socially acceptable for me to drink.

Once she's older I'll build myself a hut in the back garden or something. :lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Totally agree. It's just a needs-must arrangement really. I can't drink or vape on a night time when I'm looking after my baby daughter, but when we're both looking after her it's a lot easier/more socially acceptable for me to drink.

Once she's older I'll build myself a hut in the back garden or something. :lol:

Hopefully the government will see sense and lift the prohibition on a plant that helps millions of people in the UK every day either physically or mentally.

Stranger things have happened!

Booze is a funny creature how it effects people differently, for someone like Barton who doesn’t seem to have a limit on where the red mist will take him, he should obviously avoid it like the plague, would throw cocaine into that too.

There’s ways of letting off steam that doesn’t result in someone getting battered.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/02/joey-barton-launches-scathing-attack-on-his-own-bristol-rovers-player-19590851/

‘Idiotic young boy’ – Joey Barton launches scathing attack on his own player in astonishing angry rant

Bristol Rovers boss Joey Barton has publicly slammed one of his own players, labelling Luke Thomas an ‘idiotic young boy’ in an astonishing angry rant.

Barton, notorious for this thuggish behaviour as both a player and manager, was left furious at Thomas and labelled him a ‘weak, feeble-minded individual’ for his error in a 2-0 League One defeat to Peterborough United.

Thomas, 24, who joined Bristol Rovers permanently this summer and has earned three caps for England U20s, was deemed responsible for Peterborough’s second goal on Saturday.

‘To compound it one idiotic young boy – I can’t even call him a man – has compromised the team with his behavioural standards and we find ourselves 2-0 down with a mountain to climb,’ Barton said about Thomas after the match.

‘I can’t fault the other 10 players or the lads that came off the bench because they kept plugging away and kept pushing.

‘Unless we man up – and I know you have to be careful saying that in the modern era – and absolutely eradicate these weak, feeble-minded individuals that are currently inside our unit, we won’t get promoted out of this division.

‘Luke reported his hamstring was tight one minute before we were going out. He got told to test it and said ‘no, I’m fine’.

‘The ball is down his side and he said his hamstring has gone so we were about to make a substitution.

‘But, in his infinite wisdom, he goes to press the ball and completely exposes Jack Hunt.

‘We should do better after that, but we find ourselves 2-0 down – all because someone hasn’t got the mindset required to make the correct call to keep the team strong.

‘I’m frustrated, disappointed and gutted for the travelling fans who came in their numbers and I think anyone who has been here today will see we were more than a match for Peterborough.

‘We didn’t get that little bit of luck and we were sabotaged from within with an idiotic decision by Luke.

‘The thing that’s really annoyed me is at 1-0 I still really fancied us.

‘I thought we were the better side and said to the lads at half-time that Peterborough had scored against the run of play.

‘The frustrating thing for me is because of an idiotic decision we find ourselves 2-0 down and they had something to hang onto.

‘We’ve had a right go at them, but we couldn’t find that breakthrough and it’s three points dropped because we’re better than them.’