Shares

Guest Grimbo

Struggling Premiership football club Newcastle United scored a late gain of 3p to 71p as a mystery buyer acquired 1.375m shares, or 1%, at 73p just before the close.

However the price fell back after early trading this morning:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NCU.L

Later today they are at 68p

So that person just lost 0.05p * 1375000 = £68000

"Mystery Buyer" invests in toon

:lol:

If it's an existing shareholder with a significant stake, they have to disclose their purchase to the Stock Exchange.  So it may not be the "mystery buyer" you're thinking of after all!

Guest Action Verb

Do we know anything about any other current significant shareholders who own the rest of the shares apart from shepherd and hall?

If it's an existing shareholder with a significant stake, they have to disclose their purchase to the Stock Exchange.  So it may not be the "mystery buyer" you're thinking of after all!

Reckon it was Macbeth, destory from within

when I win  £100m on the Eurolottery I'll offer them £30m for there shares, take it or leave it, while changing my name to "Geordie Abramovitch", how can they turn it down ?

What ever is left after my wife and daughter get the shoes and frocks they 'need' I'll use for investing in the club, I believe shareholders are allowed to put money in as well as take it out  :winking:

Guest Invicta_Toon

probly some rich city accountant, connected to belgravia.....or someone who has their ear in the right place.

to lose £68k?

fucking brain surgeon it must be blueyes.gif

Guest elbee909

probly some rich city accountant, connected to belgravia.....or someone who has their ear in the right place.

to lose £68k?

fucking brain surgeon it must be blueyes.gif

They'd only lose that if they sold right now.  Can only assume they'll hold on to those shares for a bit longer than a day.

Reckon it was Macbeth, destory from within

when I win  £100m on the Eurolottery I'll offer them £30m for there shares, take it or leave it, while changing my name to "Geordie Abramovitch", how can they turn it down ?

What ever is left after my wife and daughter get the shoes and frocks they 'need' I'll use for investing in the club, I believe shareholders are allowed to put money in as well as take it out  :winking:

Tell Fred that!

I've got the missus to agree to £50m going in once I win tonight. I'd even keep Fred there and just buy out SJH or Douggie. First policy, no dividends until a trophey is won.

Second policy, Fred keeps his mouth shut