toon vs manure

Guest geordie01

Guest geordie01

sorry if posted in the wrong forum but i though i'd get more answers in the 1.

myself and 5 of my friends are coming over to newcastle on 1st january for the man. united game and we are wanting to book the flights within the next couple of days. obviously tickts do not go out on sale to a couple of weeks before the match so i was wanting to know :

a. how many tickets go on general sale

b. is there ant preference for members etc

c. has anyone had any previos experiences of buying tickets for this game

d. what is the likelihood of me getting tickets through the phone

Guest smoggeordie

a. how many tickets go on general sale  quite a lot. 5k ish??

b. is there ant preference for members etc  yes but all that is sorted before general sale

c. has anyone had any previos experiences of buying tickets for this game - yes and i got tickets

d. what is the likelihood of me getting tickets through the phone  pretty good

I f**king hate it when people get angry because people refer to Man U as "United". So f*ck? Who gives a sh*t? I'd much sooner us being called Newcastle...our actually placename, than being universally known as simply "United". I bet it p*sses genuine Mancunians off that people drop the "Manchester".

I thought every Prem club only got offered 3,000 tickets for away games, and then offered more if it wasn't sold out or likely to be sold out? Or has that ship sailed a while ago, or is it different because it's Old Trafford?

I f**king hate it when people get angry because people refer to Man U as "United". So f*ck? Who gives a sh*t? I'd much sooner us being called Newcastle...our actually placename, than being universally known as simply "United". I bet it p*sses genuine Mancunians off that people drop the "Manchester".

We are still "United" and people seem to often forget that. It is a good thing that you can say when people asking you who you support "i support Newcastle" (well sort of  :lol: ) where as someone from Manchester would have to specify which Manchester it was but I still don't like the fact there is one team in this country most people will think of when someone says "United"

Most mancs also use the term 'United'

Most of them (mancs) just use the term 'United' as well.

I thought every Prem club only got offered 3,000 tickets for away games, and then offered more if it wasn't sold out or likely to be sold out? Or has that ship sailed a while ago, or is it different because it's Old Trafford?

its at st james

Guest dasflenst

Tickets should be OK if you phone up on the first day of general sale.  Be aware though that the line is ALWAYS engaged from 9-10am so you may think there's no chance but keep trying and you'll get one.  Ringing about 10 or 11 is always good. 

Guest Gemmill

If you're flying in specifically you might be able to wangle something if you contact the club.  Send a letter and explain that you're flying in specifically for the game and tell them you'd like to see if you can sort out getting tickets in advance.

I gave the same advice to a French lad I used to work with when his dad was coming over for the same fixture last year, and the club took his money off him before they went on general sale and guaranteed him the tickets.

Saves you the hassle of having the flights with no tickets.  :thup:

Guest geordie01

booked the flights today. £40 return. was too good an opportunity too turn down. yeh i was thinking of emailing the club and see if they can come up with anything though wen i rang the box office earlier today they said:

1. they dont reserve any tickets

2. only 2,500 go on sale. (struggling to work than one out seeing as there was a good 4-5,000 empty seats when i was over for the bolton match - does this mean ST holders arent even turning up)

3. for manue they usually sell out within a couple of hours

what did worry me though was that she said something about members preference. im wondering wether this is included in the 2,500 that go on general sale. if so, then im snookered.

I NEED FIVE!!!

Guest Gemmill

Send a letter to the club.  Don't address it to the box office.  They will always tell you to fuck off because they're barely competent enough to handle simple requests for tickets.