Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Means nothing, as with Duff do you really think a player that is on his way would be playing today with the threat of an injury happening?

Maybe Taylor can just relate best with the fans & felt they deserved a long applause after something like only our second win in 14 games :undecided:

Taylor is always last to leave the pitch, always last one clapping the fans home and away. Wouldn't read anything into it.

Doesn't matter what we (Ashley) get for him we will not find a player more committed to our cause than Steven Taylor. And as it stands right now I don't think there's a better central defender in the Championship.

Guest afternoonfix

Doesn't matter what we (Ashley) get for him we will not find a player more committed to our cause than Steven Taylor. And as it stands right now I don't think there's a better central defender in the Championship.

agree

Guest toonlass

If that wasn't him saying goodbye to us at the end of the match I don't know what is. He looked like he was going to cry. Hardly the reaction to a 3-0 win.

I think if Shearer comes in soon he will probably make Taylor captain, maybe that would convince him to stay?

I find it hard to believe he's leaving given how much he's committed himself to us in interviews and such like since we were relegated.  Players like Bassong made it quite obvious they were going to leave and Taylor has never stated such a wish, here's to hoping he stays, we fucking need him!