Here we go again!

chrisfarrar

Joe Kinnear is set to return to the Newcastle hot-seat on Monday in a hammer blow to fans’ hopes of getting rid of hated owner Mike Ashley and bringing in local hero Alan Shearer.

Ashley has been desperately trying to sell the club all summer, but his decision to hand the reins to Kinnear strongly suggests he has failed to find a buyer prepared to pay his £100million asking price. That could mean Ashley staying for at least another season as he attempts to add value to the club by restoring their Premiership status at the first attempt.

Kinnear spent six months in charge at St James’ Park last season, only to suffer a severe illness in February which left him requiring open-heart surgery. But he has now told friends he is putting together a coaching unit for his second stab at the Toon job.

Only last week, he revealed Ashley had offered him a two-year contract to take over at Newcastle but declined it because he felt he needed more time to recover. Now Kinnear has been given the all-clear by doctors and has been told by Ashley to start work on Monday.

He will not be a popular choice with either players or fans but he will point to his record at Wimbledon, where he kept the tiny south London club in the Premier League for seven years, and his first spell at St James’ Park, where he went some way towards stabilising a spiralling club.

Seriously, how do they get paid for making up this kind of drivel?

Hello darkness, my old friend,

Ive come to talk with you again,

Because a vision softly creeping,

Left its seeds while I was sleeping,

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the sound of silence.

Nothing article... and you're offending this message board by giving it it's own thread. Shame on you, Chrisfarrar - you should have stuck with 116 posts - you dispicable, tiny spec of a man. Shame, shame, shame.

Guest BooBoo

The smelly greasy haired clown returns? Christ, this is depressing. So, so depressing.

After the mans ridiculous comments during the summer, especially about the fans, he shouldn't even be considered to run the burger kiosk.

What have we done to deserve this?

The smelly greasy haired clown returns? Christ, this is depressing. So, so depressing.

After the mans ridiculous comments during the summer, especially about the fans, he shouldn't even be considered to run the burger kiosk.

Get away man. There's nowt in that article whatsoever.

I really hope apathy isn't the order of the day on Saturday. Whether this story, or any of the other negative stories we've seen today, are true or not, I want a full backlash towards this fat cunt (Ashley that is). I want him to know exactly how despised he is by thousands of people.

Guest BooBoo

Hopefully, but there's clearly a lot of money gone on him being our next manager, considering he's now odds on (see other thread).

When he was our manager I didn't hate Kinnear, it's the shite he's come out with since that's moved me to that.

Hopefully, but there's clearly a lot of money gone on him being our next manager, considering he's now odds on (see other thread).

When he was our manager I didn't hate Kinnear, it's the s**** he's come out with since that's moved me to that.

I know he had a go at us fans, but does anyone have the actual quotes. I want to read them again to refresh my hatred for him. Actually, hatred is quite strong for Kinnear when the world has Mike Ashley in it.

Guest BooBoo

When he was our manager I didn't hate Kinnear, it's the s**** he's come out with since that's moved me to that.

I know he had a go at us fans, but does anyone have the actual quotes. I want to read them again to refresh my hatred for him. Actually, hatred is quite strong for Kinnear when the world has Mike Ashley in it.

Something about us having "delusions of grandeur" and some utter bollocks about the home fans singing Keegans name the night we beat Aston Villa. I was there that night and i never heard KKs name mentioned at all. The bloke talks consistent shite.

http://new.u.tv/Sport/Joe-Kinnear-accuses-Newcastle-fans-of-irrational-loathing-of-Londoners/9ee8b0ec-3a1f-45b0-8307-ac494b6b5941

Joe Kinnear accuses Newcastle fans of irrational loathing of Londoners

Mike Ashley's unpopularity is down to the fact he's a southerner, says former manager

Wednesday, 05 August 2009

Joe Kinnear has suggested that Newcastle United's support is prejudiced against Londoners – including the club's Buckinghamshire-born owner, Mike Ashley – and that only Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer could enjoy unconditional support as manager.

Kinnear claimed todaythat Ashley, who has been trying to sell the club "for over 12 months", had made him the offer last month of a two-year contract to come back as manager, only for him to turn it down on medical grounds. His doctor says that he cannot return to the dug-out until December at the earliest. But it was Kinnear's comments about regional attitudes that will stir debate. "I think Mike Ashley got a lot of unfair criticism last year, I think anybody from London does, that's the way life is up there," said Kinnear.

"We were 2-0 up against Aston Villa [in November] and a chant broke out around the entire stadium for about 10 minutes, 'There's only one KK.' You get it whoever you are, it's just the way they are. Up there, KK and Shearer are their two Messiahs and that's who they want all the time. And so you just have to bite the bullet and get on with it if you're not one of those two."

Kinnear's opinion about Newcastle was countered by a spokesman for the regional development agency One North East. He said: "The north-east is well known for being one of the most welcoming areas of the UK. Last year Lonely Planet described the north-east as 'the most exciting, beautiful and friendly region in the whole of England'."

Kinnear, who was born in Dublin but grew up in London, was Ashley's shock managerial appointment last September after Keegan walked out but was forced from the post following a triple heart bypass operation in February. After a spell under the caretaker guidance of the coach Chris Hughton Shearer took over for the final eight Premier League matches but he was unable to prevent relegation.

Ashley has given serious consideration to appointing a manager on a short-term contract, with David O'Leary, Alan Curbishley, Gordon Strachan and Steve Coppell discussed at boardroom level. Hughton will be in charge of the club's opening Championship fixture at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

Kinnear said that the club's sale "could happen in the next month" but he cannot see Shearer returning as manager while Ashley remains the owner. "I would think Shearer would go back if the new buyers come in," he said. "He won't under the present ownership. At the moment I wouldn't think there's any chance."

Kinnear also backed the striker Michael Owen to return to form at Manchester United, the club he joined last month after four disappointing seasons at Newcastle. "Michael will be a much better player alongside the type of players that Man United have got," he said at the launch of the new Championship Manager 2010 game. "Unfortunately we were just a workmanlike side, we didn't create enough chances for him. At Newcastle he got a little bit stale and disappointed with what he was playing with. I spoke to Alex [Ferguson] prior to Michael going there and I think the move will inspire him."

Kinnear said that Ferguson had inquired about Owen's "fitness level, nothing else". "Michael is only 29, people forget that," said Kinnear. "He's had some decent games for us but when we don't produce, he gets starved and it's tough for him. He just had to roll his sleeves up at Newcastle, they are not a glamour team. He has gone to a real glamour team now."

"We were 2-0 up against Aston Villa [in November] and a chant broke out around the entire stadium for about 10 minutes, 'There's only one KK.' You get it whoever you are, it's just the way they are. Up there, KK and Shearer are their two Messiahs and that's who they want all the time. And so you just have to bite the bullet and get on with it if you're not one of those two."

What game was he at? Fucking idiot.