Another midfielder!

sempuki

Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd is backing crocked striker Michael Owen to overcome his injury torment and write his name into Magpies folklore.

The forward left Real Madrid for Newcastle in the summer of 2005, but his first campaign was dogged by injuries and he is unlikely to play again this term after suffering a serious knee injury at the World Cup finals.

Owen recently pledged his future to Newcastle and Shepherd, who is seeking compensation from the Football Association after the striker damaged his knee on international duty, feels he will prove his class on Tyneside.

"I know once he comes back, you will see the old Michael Owen better than he has ever been," Shepherd told The Sun.

"He has a lot to prove to people, but I am convinced that he will write his name into the history books at this club."

The Magpies have made a poor start to the campaign in Owen's absence and their eyes are already shifting towards the January transfer window.

Manager Glenn Roeder is eager to strengthen all areas of his squad and he is reported to have trained his sights on Lokomotiv Moscow's midfield enforcer Laryea Kingston.

Also in the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=roeder-happy-as-lary-%26method=full%26objectid=18074386%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

ROEDER HAPPY AS LARY

EXCLUSIVE

By Darren Lewi

NEWCASTLE boss Glenn Roeder is battling Bolton and Portsmouth for the January signing of Ghana hardman Laryea Kingston.

The 26-year-old plays for Lokomotiv Moscow but missed the World Cup after getting a four-match ban for being sent off at the African Nations Cup back in January.

Roeder, who will be given a war chest by Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd, sees Kingston as the ideal man to give his midfield more bite.

Guest Ridzuan

I am sure is a midfield hardman, maybe Butt on the move and Roederw ants this one to replace him,

he will be cheap that may be why we are lookign at him.

African players tend to be aggresive and physically strong Im sure this guy is as well.If he does move here,I just hope he will not follow in Faye's footsteps.

Nationality :  GHANA

Date of birth :  07/11/1980

Current club :  » Lokomotiv Moscow

Position :  Midfield

Height :  1.72 m

Weight :  69 kg

He is the one on top :D

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41282000/jpg/_41282644_laryeakingston270.jpg

bit small and lightweight for a midfield enforcer... but hey, so is makelele.....

we do, however need a bit of height to help with deadball situations as well...