Shola 1 more game

Skirge

Roeder saying Shola refusing to down tools and is training so he can play one more game. :D

Call the lad what you want but you c an NEVER fault his dedication to the Toon.

He's got his faults as everyone knows but you've got to admire him for this. Many others would have bailed out long ago and I certainly can't imagine the likes of Owen putting his health on the line for the club.

Guest Ridzuan

Roeder saying Shola refusing to down tools and is training so he can play one more game. :D

Call the lad what you want but you c an NEVER fault his dedication to the Toon.

He's got his faults as everyone knows but you've got to admire him for this. Many others would have bailed out long ago and I certainly can't imagine the likes of Owen putting his health on the line for the club.

If you compare a hip injury and a metatarsal injury,I think the latter one is a more serious problem.But if Owen was to have a hip problem as well,I believe he will have the same passion and feelings like Shola and he will want to play as many games as possible for us before having his surgery.

If you compare a hip injury and a metatarsal injury,I think the latter one is a more serious problem.But if Owen was to have a hip problem as well,I believe he will have the same passion and feelings like Shola and he will want to play as many games as possible for us before having his surgery.

:lol:

Guest nyscooby

Your all barmy.....

Do you think he has any choice over his actions. He'd be told to play. He cant just put down tools and go to the Freeman for an op !

ROEDER OUT !

Guest smoggeordie

I admire his dedication, but it is ridiculous that the club are willing to put his long term fitness at risk over one bloody game.

Guest smoggeordie

No he is going to America for his op and yes I do beleive he is the one wanting to play, he is not being forced to play or we would have seen him play these last few games.

For the long term fitness of the player the club should say he cannot play. End of story.

I admire his dedication, but it is ridiculous that the club are willing to put his long term fitness at risk over one bloody game.

Come on what do you know about medical issues?! The problem Shola has is something that will be quite easily removed with an op. And it's not something like a knee injury which might go even worse if not healed immedeately. Even if we have some clowns running this club, it doesn't mean they would be so stupid that they'd risk a career of a player because of one match.

Guest smoggeordie

Come on what do you know about medical issues?! The problem Shola has is something that will be quite easily removed with an op. And it's not something like a knee injury which might go even worse if not healed immedeately. Even if we have some clowns running this club, it doesn't mean they would be so stupid that they'd risk a career of a player because of one match.

Taylor - Liverpool away.

It's been done.

I've spoken to my dad and the longer he players on, the longer the recovery time could well be. So, I DO have a fair bit of knowledge.

Guest Gemmill

Taylor - Liverpool away.

It's been done.

I've spoken to my dad and the longer he players on, the longer the recovery time could well be. So, I DO have a fair bit of knowledge.

:lol:  "Ask me dad!"

Guest smoggeordie

Taylor - Liverpool away.

It's been done.

My dad the neurosurgeon...

Dunno when he will play if he does, but he is not in tomorrows squad.. "A couple of weeks rest and he trained again yesterday, Dyer back in full training and Martins back in full running training but not full football training", so says Roeder.

Taylor - Liverpool away.

It's been done.

Has operated on a lot of hips has he?

He could help explain how Shola's decision-making is often shite though.

Unless this hip operation involves unscrewing half his body off and putting in a new lower half, then there isn't really much point, he'll be the same after. He might as well keep playing.

Guest smoggeordie

Taylor - Liverpool away.

It's been done.

I'm sure you have to know about the whole body to get the old medical degree.

Gotta love the wikipedia entry on Ameobi, it's hilarious.

Foluwashola "Shola" Ameobi (born October 12, 1981 in Zaria) is an Anglo-Nigerian football player. He currently plays for Newcastle United in the English Premiership as a centre forward. He has spent his entire career at the club. His lack of talent and footballing ability have made him a laughing stock but due to Titus Bramble also being at the club, he narrowly misses out on the current abuse as Bramble is even worse.

Taylor - Liverpool away.

It's been done.

I'm sure you have to know about the whole body to get the old medical degree.

"The thigh bones connected to the hip bone, the hip bones connected to pelvis, ..."

Ask him about the iatrogenic impact of the Ortolani-barlow clinical test for child hip dysplasia tonight and see what he says.

The lad obvioulsy loves the club but the club should have given him the op months ago, this has been an on going problems, but again the club trying to cut corners. When he has played this season he has looked dangerous and a run of games can only help him.

I really hope he gets this op and gets fit.

I've heard that it is not actually a hip-op Shola is having done, but something much more serious:

Here is a picture of Shola pre-op:

http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/03/45/ameobi_shola_nufc_profile_2006.jpg

And after the groundbreaking surgery, it is hoped that shola will look (and be as good as) this:

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/95423741-679F-491A-B7D0-6FB0193057DD/0/Newcastle_Shearer_1996_med2.jpg

I hope it's his last ever game for us. Sending him to America for an op?  I'd send the tosser to the vet. It shows how far we have come when Roeder talks of Shola as his number one striker. What happened to the Roeder who said he would never play anyone if they were not 100% fit.  More crap to be served up tomorrow I fancy