Creationism - my apology to believers.

Guest kiwi

Creationism has been proved. Science has come to the rescue of this controvertial theory. 240 geneticists, from labs around the worl, have decoded 90% of the purple sea urchin genome. DNA analysis shows both echinoderms (spiny skins) and humans evolved from the same source 514 million years ago. Yes its official, we were created by the ancestor of the purple sea urchin.

If anyone doubts this I can perhaps give you an example. Now, as those who have  eaten sea urchin will know, its the gonads, or reproductive organs, that are consumed and as recent games involving NUFC has seen players behaving as if they had lost their gonads ergo, sea urchins.

Of course 500million years ago is a long time ago. However, it was recently confirmed, there were two "great dyings" experienced by life on earth and not just one (loosing the dinosaurs). It was the earlier "ëxtinction" which created the sea urchin and reduced life on land to zero leaving just slime and the ancestor of the sea urchin and hence NUFC first team. Of course we have yet to identify the common ancestor but genetic and DNA sequencing, reverse engineered, indicates it had only two chromosones, F and S.

Someone like to add to this?

sorry if i'm a bit thick here. it is early and i haven't had my 5 cups of coffee yet.

while it does give proof to the incompetence of the NUFC first team, doesn't this prove Evolution and not Creationism?

Just what I was thinking.  The whole point of creationism is that there are so many anomalies in the natural world that can only be explained through the intervention of a higher power, that it disproves evolution; for instance certain organisms are too complex to have evolved naturally.  This report seems to suggest, well not a lot, apart from we can trace our ancestry back to a bit of glorified seaweed.

Incidentally it also suggests that scientists get funding for some pretty strange things.  Must have been a good sales pitch for the purple sea urchin to sneak under the wire....

Parky's suspicious of science (or anything else for that matter) that requires evidential back-up and he thinks can't be summed-up with a meaningless ethereal statement  tongue.gif

Discovery has its own momentum it has nothing or very little to do with science.

"I can conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while."

"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere".

Charles Fort.

"I can conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while."

"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere". Kitty

Charles Fort.

Who is he mate?

Every now and again a thread comes along where everyone just posts bollocks. This one is moving in that direction.

I resent that

* Takes off tin-foil helmet to scratch head *

It was just an observation. I'll happily go with the flow.

Every now and again a thread comes along where everyone just posts bollocks. This one is moving in that direction.

I resent that

* Takes off tin-foil helmet to scratch head *

It was just an observation. I'll happily go with the flow.

Plainly I missed off the  bluebiggrin.gif above.  The observation is sound  :winking:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Science is basically made up. All this tinkering in labs is bollocks basically. If you feel poorly hug a tree and have a nice ginger tea. bluewink.gif

one day trees will evolve a natural defence to this disease though blueyes.gif

Back on topic, Creationism is an interesting theory though.  The equivalent to Terry Pratchett's idea that it was the Gods who planted fossils in the ground for people to find, so they could fall about laughing when archeologists dig them up.  In the US, I understand that the bible belters are trying to force it onto the school curriculum.

they have got on the curriculum in some places in the USand are trying to get Evolution banned.

it's the same with some schools in the UK that are 'privately' funded (i can't rememebr the correct term).one of them is funded by a christian fundamentalist who strongly believes in Creationism and apparently trying to force that in into the teaching at the expense of evolution.

it was on Richard Dawkins' 3 parter about Religion Vs Science.