Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Newcastle - 22/08/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Just back from holiday so missed a lot.

I've just seen the goals and I'm a bit narked that some in the media are putting them down to defensive errors. I'm not saying the defending was brilliant but both goals were created, not handed on a plate.

Guest WashyGeordie

Very disappointed we only got 45sec coverage on the league show.

We've had shite coverage on it so far.

The game on sky yesterday (on the league show) got double the time, than when we played WBA first game of the season.

Alan Smith or Barton seems to be the discussion in this thread. For me, as long as a player perform he really should keep his place, we should stop picking players because of their name... thats what got us to the championship in the first place.

Atm Smith seems to be performing very well, so why shouldnt he keep on playing? I'm no fan of Smith, but he seems to be less injury prone than Barton, so he should be playing more games= he should start ahead of Barton. Like some say: Never change a winning team.

Its more of a discussion of the midfield in general I feel.  Smith should always start unless he starts those lack luster performances again.  There is still room for Barton with Smith playing, it is not as if they are the same type of player.  Drop Guthrie I say for now, or Nolan. 

Guest gjohnson

when was the last time newcastle had played four games and only conceded one goal?

Can't say i can remember. Not to bad for a defence that is supposedly s***

when was the last time newcastle had played four games and only conceded one goal?

Can't say i can remember. Not to bad for a defence that is supposedly s***

Last time we came close was only last season (0-0s away to Chelsea & Boro, 2-2 with Stoke, then 3-0 at Pompey).

Very disappointed we only got 45sec coverage on the league show.

We've had shite coverage on it so far.

The game on sky yesterday (on the league show) got double the time, than when we played WBA first game of the season.

Aye, it really is an awful show.

Ambrose was in the Newcastle side the last time the clubs met, back in April 2005, and the only survivors from that matchday squad are Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor and Steve Harper.

The 25-year-old said: "It's all changed, really. Shola's obviously still there, as is Steven Taylor. It would be good to see him stay there – he's Newcastle through and through.

"I'd have liked to put one past Steve Harper, but it wasn't to be!

"Hopefully we can come up to St James's Park and put in a good performance."

:snod: :lol:

On .cocks poll:

Who was your man of the match at Crystal Palace?

Vote Now

View results

Steve Harper - 4.4%

Danny Simpson - 2%

Jose Enrique - 5.6%

Fabricio Coloccini - 3%

Steven Taylor - 6.8%

Ryan Taylor - 12.7%

Jonas Gutierrez - 26.5%

Alan Smith - 12.7%

Kevin Nolan - 17.8%

Danny Guthrie - 4%

Shola Ameobi - 2.4%

Nile Ranger - 2%

Total Votes: 5009

Absolutely shocked that Jonas is leading with Nolan as second.  Absolute joke.  Smith should be top and Jose second.  Jonas as I said wouldnt move with the ball and although he got 2 assists should be nowhere near MoM.

On .cocks poll:

Vote Now

View results

Steve Harper - 4.4%

Danny Simpson - 2%

Jose Enrique - 5.6%

Fabricio Coloccini - 3%

Steven Taylor - 6.8%

Ryan Taylor - 12.7%

Jonas Gutierrez - 26.5%

Alan Smith - 12.7%

Kevin Nolan - 17.8%

Danny Guthrie - 4%

Shola Ameobi - 2.4%

Nile Ranger - 2%

Absolutely shocked that Jonas is leading with Nolan as second.  Absolute joke.  Smith should be top and Jose second.  Jonas as I said wouldnt move with the ball and although he got 2 assists should be nowhere near MoM.

Are you really shocked? I imagine 80% of people voting have seen two clips of the game, both the goals.

On .cocks poll:

Vote Now

View results

Steve Harper - 4.4%

Danny Simpson - 2%

Jose Enrique - 5.6%

Fabricio Coloccini - 3%

Steven Taylor - 6.8%

Ryan Taylor - 12.7%

Jonas Gutierrez - 26.5%

Alan Smith - 12.7%

Kevin Nolan - 17.8%

Danny Guthrie - 4%

Shola Ameobi - 2.4%

Nile Ranger - 2%

Are you really shocked? I imagine 80% of people voting have seen two clips of the game, both the goals.

Suppose.  But surely of those 80%, 50% must have heard it on the radio and been able to make a decent judgement from that.