Who are our Championship Title Rivals?

James

Genuine question as I haven't really got much a clue on how well these teams have actually played, but who are going to be our rivals for the league title this season.

Obviously there is Boro, but we beat them last season, and they've played worse teams to date.

Cardiff look good. Good talented young players with a good manager, plus added Chopra goals.

Sheffield United and West Brom will be around and about.

But can any of these teams really challenge us? I think we'll walk this league if the boardroom don't cause fuckups amongst our current playing squad.

Based on the little I've seen and know, I think it's going to be a 5 team race, with the teams you just named. Cardiff and West Brom will worry me the most. Strangely, I am sure Boro will finish in the top 3, and equally sure they won't win it.

Guest The Libertine

they might just be trying to make this league mean something but the official line from the "experts" seems to have about 5-10 teams in the race.

I almost backed Boro to win the league before the season started and still think they're the team to beat,  bit like us in that they could lose some good players sold before the window shuts.  They have players used to the CCC and are good at this level such as Adam Johnson.

if we had a bloody manager and a board that gave a shit we would cruise to promotion IMO. However we don't and our biggest rival is probably ourselves.

The WBA, Boro, Cardiff and Sheff Utd. Before today's game I would have included Palace into that because of neil warnock but clearly they are not one of the better teams in the league.

It's still way too early though to start predicting anything but the signs are encouraging that as I thought the hogwash about this being a tough league was exactly that.

There are 5 good sides in the league. Us, Boro, West Brom, Cardiff, Coventry.

There are at least 5 others who could challenge if they have a good season.

Coventry will be nowhere near having sold their best players, they always have a great start and end up nearly getting relegated anyway.

Add Preston and Sheff Utd to that.

Was it The Times who said we'd finish 20th?

Surely not?

I'm pretty sure this is the link to the said article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736633.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

Newcastle United

They will be the biggest draw in the Championship but that also makes them the biggest scalp. Add to that they are the biggest mess, with the most to lose, and the immediate future looks rather less bright than their horrendous new away kit. So much for the good news. After the 6-1 hammering by Leyton Orient, the exit of Obafemi Martins is likely to trigger more departures, so whoever takes over as manager at St James’ Park — Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan or Mike Ashley — will have his work cut out to sort a team shape by teatime this Saturday. Unless the club are sold into sensible hands soon, they could even get relegated.

Prediction: 20

:lol: Best bit of comedy writing since Nixon/Kezman last drafted up an article, tbh.  :lol: