Glenns points target

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

MAGPIES boss Glenn Roeder has set himself a points target between now and the end of the season - and wants to see the Magpies boost their tally with a win at Manchester City on Saturday.

Roeder has been understandably disappointed at the points return in the league so far this season, with two wins and two draws from the opening 11 games leaving the Magpies in the lower reaches of the Premiership.

But the manager knows a run of games will boost his side's position, and is hoping to kickstart the league form with a win at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Roeder told Newcastle World TV: "The position in the league can change very quickly, they key is to get the three points.

"That two point difference between a win and a draw can make a big difference over the course of a season.

"I know the amount of games that we should win, and that we expect to win, between now and the end of the season.

"You've got to look at the fixtures we have left and think 38 points is within our grasp."  (;))

"That is my private long-term goal. I know exactly what we need to be doing and hopefully that will start on Saturday."

MAGPIES boss Glenn Roeder has set himself a points target between now and the end of the season - and wants to see the Magpies boost their tally with a win at Manchester City on Saturday.

Roeder has been understandably disappointed at the points return in the league so far this season, with two wins and two draws from the opening 11 games leaving the Magpies in the lower reaches of the Premiership.

But the manager knows a run of games will boost his side's position, and is hoping to kickstart the league form with a win at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Roeder told Newcastle World TV: "The position in the league can change very quickly, they key is to get the three points.

"That two point difference between a win and a draw can make a big difference over the course of a season.

"I know the amount of games that we should win, and that we expect to win, between now and the end of the season.

"You've got to look at the fixtures we have left and think 38 points is within our grasp." (;))

"That is my private long-term goal. I know exactly what we need to be doing and hopefully that will start on Saturday."

The mans a fukcing genius. Hell of a target to strive for, it means if we lose tomorrow we could be relegated. The mans an idiot