Football Violence

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know this may seem a bit fickle (not sure if that's the word) given tonights events at West Ham but would you agree or disagree with the statement above?

I personally agree with the statement, I've said to a few people before you can see it kick starting again but to a much lesser degree. I've seen a number of things over the last few years which have made me think this also, but maybe it's just me being daft.

Tonights events would certaintly suggest it is back on the up...

I don't really get it, other spots like rugby, fans mix and there is very little if any trouble. There will always be stupid idiots who use supporting a team as a reason for violence, though the films may "glorify" hooliganism somewhat.

Same as "violent videogames make kids violent" really, which isn't true. It makes the ones that are already mentally unbalanced and alreadyfucking nutcases violent. Same goes with football fans turning into hooligans.

I just reckon a new bunch of Charvas if you like have turned from Mera Peaks to Stone Island - they tend to be the better off/more mature members of charva society too. These same people are the ones who have all of a sudden began going to away games and shout and ball at the other fans thinking they are solid but are right at the back of the crowd when owt happens...

More so with youth accross football.  There are alot of reason as to why it may return, economic climate, films, 'chav culture', etc.  All in all, it is just an excuse for some twats to have a go at one another.  

I have no problem with a load of cunts kicking the shite out of one another, however I do have a problem with it in terms of it is never kept to just them.  If I was a a bairn nowadays, I could see how I could be influenced.

Same as "violent videogames make kids violent" really, which isn't true. It makes the ones that are already mentally unbalanced and alreadyfucking nutcases violent. Same goes with football fans turning into hooligans.

I must admit I am a firm believer that video-games and that aren't the main reason behind crime like it just seems quite bizarre how they came out though and since then there has been a fair few more incidents - maybe it's just that I notice them more...

Guest Geordiekev

It makes the fucking idiots proud of their history and the muppets want to uphold the image of the eighties, I don't blame the films on the violence but the new breed model themselves of their hero's  :idiot2: of the times..

Regardless how we feel tonights violence casts a dark cloud over English football, scenes like this should be the thing of the past and stay there..

I wouldn't say its generated a new generation of football hooligans, just given a poor example of what it was like the kids who didn't see it in the 80's (myself being one), which if anything has made the merely wannabe hooligans (myself not included in that).

From what I've heard from me dad about 80's hooliganism, and what I've seen, I think those at West Ham - Millwall will have fought 20 years ago and carried on to do so whenever an opportunity has arisen.  Those in their 40s or so that still fight would kick the fuck out of todays Danny Dyer wannabe's.

Violence at football was here long before VHS...

For some reason the sport seems to attract angry blokes who enjoy a bit of bother and use football as an excuse to behave like cocks. It has done for quite some time too.

The amount of young fans I've seen reading about Casuals and casual culture if you like is quite high I reckon. Not saying that this makes them hooligans but an interest in football hooliganism is/has been building again and this combined with the love of ones club and such films all influence younger fans to become or emulate their heroes.

Guest Geordiekev

Those in their 40s or so that still fight would kick the f*** out of todays Danny Dyer wannabe's.

It's comments like this that I just dont get, aint nothing hard about 30 blokes running up to another guy and beating the living shit out of him with a bat (the reality of it in the 80's, could have been you with your dad taking a wrong turn at an away game)..

The other hard bastards spent the night prior sharpening coins so they could throw them from a distance...

Hard men .. yeah a few individuals....

Retarded .. certainly.

Was this thread inspired by the fact that some plank at SSN has let a trailer for 'The Firm' go out tonight between reports re: West Ham v Millwall?

I gawped.

Aye a little thick..

Not a dig at you by any means but our definition of a hard man may differ slightly... Danny Dyer is just a spoilt little rich prick making a living from other peoples misery.. ffs frodo was a hardman..

Heron says: Have you seen the West Ham vs Milwall violence? Christ it hasn't been like that for years!

Danny Dyer says: Ow right, that was proper naughty, but nuffin loik that time we went to Chewsea.

Heron says: What happened there bud?

Danny Dyer says: Oh that was reawl reawl naughty..

It was my first cyber football violence memory, was only a youngster, think my post count was 200-300. The row we had with Portsmouth's 6.57 GigaByte Crew. Very naughty, all the right faces were logged in. Sort of posters you knew you could post side by side with until the server crashed. Could have been a lot worse for the 6.57gb boys that evening but a few very game posters got turned away because of 3 year IP bans.

Anyway we plotted up on the Independent supporters association website, Pompey were no where to be seen, we had the free roam of the forum. We sent a couple of spotters into the away section but it was an Admin overkill, they had it well under control.

Later on in the afternoon a large amount of Portmouth posters slid through the firewall and called it on with our hardcore of posters in the General Talk forum. The tension was electric and the atmosphere evil was going to go any minute. No Admin in sight and only a thin line of Moderators keeping the two cyber firms apart.

Out of nowhere a well known Liverpool poster; had been around for years and had mustered up a post count of over a 10,000 hit a Pompey face with the naughtiest post I've seen in years, it went off everywhere. Threads, posts and replies left, right and centre, absolute chaos. Liverpool even had some Polls out for the occasion.

The 6.57gb boys were on the back foot, totally outwitted and when the Technical-28 boys turned up after an off with Brum on Rivals, Pompey logged out sharply. Admin slowly restored the peace but the damage was done.

Only time I've seen carnage like that was the Everton game when we took it too their chat room. Some right Loons signed in that night, best mob of cyber Liverpool Ive seen in years, smashed Everton all over MSN Messenger.

The online football violence game is dead anyway, Admin are slapping posters with 3 year IP banning orders and ISPs are dishing out harder sentances. Not worth the hassle anymore, I remember the days of Windows 98 or MSDOS.