Home Learning

Tooj

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sites with regards to home learning? Thinking of doing a couple of courses to jazz up my CV but don't really fancy going to college for doing so. But I'm not really clued up on any of that, so don't know if these are any good, too expensive and the rest of it.

Any help or experiences with this would be much appreciated.

Guest Heneage

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sites with regards to home learning? Thinking of doing a couple of courses to jazz up my CV but don't really fancy going to college for doing so. But I'm not really clued up on any of that, so don't know if these are any good, too expensive and the rest of it.

ICS?

Hello,

ICS?

Springs to mind for me as well, never used it myself like. I've done a couple of bits & pieces through distance learning but both were fairly specific so I dealt directly with an organisation rather than going through somewhere else for the learning aspect.

Got any particular course in mind Tooj?

Guest Roger Kint

Hello,

ICS?

I would choose a different one on principle, annoying cow on the advert needs a good teabagging :tickedoff:

Hello,

Subscription to Playboy is the only home lernin any man needs imo.

OU

their degrees take a while depending on how much work you want to put in but they do other qualifications aswell.

cost a fking fortune tho.

even when a doing a degree it's spread out. for example the first year 30points introduction to the social sciences is £360 . it's the foundation course that leads to a lot of other things. also OU stuff is very well respected compared to many others.

(hiopefully me next year)

OU

their degrees take a while depending on how much work you want to put in but they do other qualifications aswell.

even when a doing a degree it's spread out. for example the first year 30points introduction to the social sciences is £360 . it's the foundation course that leads to a lot of other things. also OU stuff is very well respected compared to many others.

Ex's mother changed her entire career through doing an OU course. You have to be quite dedicated, though (not that I'm saying you're not, maddy, like)

Can't be fucked doing an OU course. (I know it may surprise some of you but I do already have a degree)

More looking for basic things really that can plug some gaps in my CV. Would be canny learning a couple of extra things but I'm really as I've said looking for additional skills to put on my CV.

OU

Ex's mother changed her entire career through doing an OU course. You have to be quite dedicated, though (not that I'm saying you're not, maddy, like)

started one back in my twenties but it was a bad time, relationship break up,job worries and my employer wouldn't let me move my hols to go to the summer school which back then counted for 40% of the years work. kids settled a bit now and wifes works so i should get my arse in gear to have another bash. (completed four essays first time round as got good marks and enjoyed it).

Can't be fucked doing an OU course. (I know it may surprise some of you but I do already have a degree)

More looking for basic things really that can plug some gaps in my CV. Would be canny learning a couple of extra things but I'm really as I've said looking for additional skills to put on my CV.

Run like you've never run before, over the mountains and far away. Break with everything.

Run like you've never run before, over the mountains and far away. Break with everything.

What have you been having in your tea today then?

What would you like to know?

The ways of the force?

Can't be f***ed doing an OU course. (I know it may surprise some of you but I do already have a degree)

The ways of the force?

AC and DC.

OU

interesting, was considering doing something along those lines after split with my ex. might re look at it next year.

the trouble is thge need to earn money gets in the way.

OU

interesting, was considering doing something along those lines after split with my ex. might re look at it next year.

the trouble is thge need to earn money gets in the way.

a full credit is supposed to take 20hrs per week and a half credit about 10. i know 2 people doing them at the mo and both say they do less.