SHOLA does not have a broken foot!

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

The fact that the mirror are only reporting this show's it's fucking bollocks

I have seen shola tonight in town, with one of his famous hats, looking very healthy indeed and not with a broken foot!

So im ITK!

Guest neesy111

Neesy if this is bollocks then im sorry mate, but we are gonna gang rape you

well he was in Florita's as I've seen him before and I would recognise him again, and if he had a broken foot he wouldn't be out in a very busy bar

this is what I saw, and I'm hoping he doesn't have a broken foot as well, as we bloody need him

Guest neesy111

the journal expect him to be fit for monday  :snod: :snod:

SHOLA Ameobi is confident that he will recover from injury in time to continue the “best form of his life” on Monday night.

The striker notched his fifth goal of the season in the Carling Cup victory against Huddersfield, but sparked injury fears when he was withdrawn in the final minute of the game after landing awkwardly on his ankle.

Ameobi was sporting a plastic surgical boot after the game and sat out training yesterday, but believes he should be back for Leicester City’s visit on Bank Holiday Monday – news which will come as a relief to Chris Hughton after the relative struggles of his young guns against fired-up Huddersfield.

Nile Ranger is undoubtedly a terrific prospect but will need to be carefully managed in his first season of first-team football – making Ameobi’s fitness even more vital.

“I don’t think my injury is too bad, so I’m hoping Monday should be all right,” he said. “I just fell on it, landed on it funny and felt a little pop in there, so hopefully I haven’t done much damage. But it’s calmed down a bit now, so I’m hoping it’s nothing serious.

“A few of the boys came off worse for wear against Huddersfield and obviously with our limited amount of players it’s going to be important to keep everyone fit and healthy.”

Ameobi has emerged as the unlikely hero of United’s attempts to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking, putting three seasons of inconsistency behind him to make his presence felt in the second tier.

Fitness has obviously helped, but Ameobi also reckons being guaranteed first-team football and made to feel an integral part of the side has aided his development this season.

“I’m scoring goals. I had a good run under Glen Roeder when I was playing week in, week out and for me that’s the essence – playing every week and getting that confidence up,” he said. “As a striker you’re going to miss chances but it’s getting the next one and I feel that when I get a run of games I become battle-hardened to playing.

“My fitness is obviously a big factor. When I feel fit, I feel confident and it’s certainly been the case this season.”

Ameobi is also full of praise for Hughton’s input – and believes that he has earned a chance to continue in the manager’s role on a more permanent basis. “He knows what it’s like to cross that white line, he’s been there and he’s instilled in us a togetherness, regardless of what has gone on which probably wasn’t there last year at times,” the striker said.

“I think that’s a big difference, Chris Hughton’s obviously a guy we all respect and he deserves that respect. I think it’s not so much what he has done than what he has asked us as players to do, which is to stay together and push on and push forward.”

Although United have made a flying start to life in the Championship, Monday’s visit of Leicester City promises to be the toughest test of the resurgence. Pearson’s side have continued their momentum after last season’s promotion and are sitting just outside the play-offs, and Ameobi anticipates another physical contest against the Foxes.

“Nigel Pearson has done a wonderful job down there and it’s going to be a tough match for us,” he said.

“We know that obviously at home, we have to do the business all the time and keep the pressure on the other teams to stay with us. But it’s going to be a tough game like it was on Saturday.

“But I feel if we match the physical element of it like we did on Saturday then I’m hoping the class will show.”

Guest The_Scoreboard

SSN - "Newcastle assessing possible stress fracture to foot" :weep:

Even if its not I hope he is able to play soon