Bright Owen future

Nobby

http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics06_07/Premiership/Newcastle/owen_rehab.jpg

Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd is backing crocked striker Michael Owen to overcome his injury torment and write his name into Magpies folklore.

The forward left Real Madrid for Newcastle in the summer of 2005, but his first campaign was dogged by injuries and he is unlikely to play again this term after suffering a serious knee injury at the World Cup finals.

Owen recently pledged his future to Newcastle and Shepherd, who is seeking compensation from the Football Association after the striker damaged his knee on international duty, feels he will prove his class on Tyneside.

"I know once he comes back, you will see the old Michael Owen better than he has ever been," Shepherd told The Sun.

"He has a lot to prove to people, but I am convinced that he will write his name into the history books at this club."

The Magpies have made a poor start to the campaign in Owen's absence and their eyes are already shifting towards the January transfer window.

Manager Glenn Roeder is eager to strengthen all areas of his squad and he is reported to have trained his sights on Lokomotiv Moscow's midfield enforcer Laryea Kingston.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=427905&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Freddy+sees+bright+Owen+future

I keep on forgetting we have Owen...

Yes, the PR machine does a good job of reminding us he's about every so often.

Tbh I'm not really interested in how he's doing right now... And Freddy's expert opinion on injuries is even more pointless info. Don't really want to hear any Owen talk until he's about 2 month away from full fitness.

Guest Gemmill

Unless we are really in the relegation mire come April, I wouldn't even bother trying to play him at all this season whether he's supposed to be fit or not.  If we're in the shit and can't score, fine, play him.  If not, give him until August and make sure this knee thing is properly sorted.