The Twitter

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Anyone use it? I've been on a few months and i've got one random follower.  :facepalm:

Anyhoo, I'm DavidJG80 for any fellow N-O Twitterers.

Guest BooBoo

What is the craic with Twitter is it like a new facebook?

It's really a bit like Facebook, if all Facebook consisted of was status updates.

Pretty crap really but i signed up out of curiosity.

It's really a bit like Facebook, if all Facebook consisted of was status updates.

Same here, not really been back on much since. Facebook is a bit naff at times, but handy for keeping in touch with my mates and hardly any of them are on Twitter.

Same here, not really been back on much since. Facebook is a bit naff at times, but handy for keeping in touch with my mates and hardly any of them are on Twitter.

I think i'll pass on Twitter - do all the famous people use it?

I think i'll pass on Twitter - do all the famous people use it?

Quite a few, yeah.

I have to say though I usually find this kind of thing utterly banal, reading the comments of the genuinely famous is relatively intriguing.

Speaking of famous people's comments: yesterday, I stumbled onto Kevin Smith's blog. I'm not a huge fan, but he has easily the frankest blog I've ever read of someone in the movie biz. The long story of Jason Mewes' (Jay) heroin addiction is a great read.

Edit. Story begins here, btw, very good read: http://silentbobspeaks.com/?m=20060328

You people need to read articles on why twitter is amazing, and its nothing to do with Lily Allen.

Can you not just tell me? I still don't understand the fuss.

Do you use RSS feeds at all?

Basically that, but with social networking aspects of sharing articles/tid-bits.

You people need to read articles on why twitter is amazing, and its nothing to do with Lily Allen.

Basically that, but with social networking aspects of sharing articles/tid-bits.

So, who do you follow? I mean, honestly, I couldn't give a fuck about what Stephen Fry's last shit was like.

So, who do you follow? I mean, honestly, I couldn't give a fuck about what Stephen Fry's last shit was like.

Mainly technology and web development things. People/Websites who post up links to various articles

Breaking news (how I got there first on the Michael Jackson heart attack thread!)

BBC & Telegraph Football (results / articles / rumours)

NUFC

I CAN HAZ CHEESEBURGER

Friends

Digg top 20

Ben Folds

iPhone dev team

FIFA losers

Johnny Cupcakes

oh, and Stephen Fry :)

If anything interested me, I would retweet it to my followers (friends) or if I thought anything was of interest to a specific person I'd inform them.

The best Twitter account is twitter.com/shitmydadsays

So good.

"The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who shits in something, you own it. Remember that."

:snod: I'll never forget that nugget as long as I live.