How many games?

Guest Alan Shearer 9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan Shearer 9

They say that you have to go to at least 5 games a season to count as a 'proper fan' (this is coming from the mainstream football media). A lot of people would consider that a fairweather fan, though compared to some people especially on the internet forums, 5 games a season is a mammoth game tally for a season. Obviously different rules apply to overseas fans, but if you are in the U.K., then how many games does it take?

Hopefully this will spark an interesting and productive discussion, everyone has 2 options for voting.

None. you can watch it on the telly like mancs and Lpool hangers on.

Its a pointless question. Some people may make an enormous effort just to get to one game. (400 mile round trip for me) while others live on the doorstep.

No-one who follows Newcastle can be called a glory hunter because there has never been any to be had as far as I can see..

We should just accept and welcome all the support we get. While we are relegated we could be about to lose generations of upcoming fans.

Guest Hellhammer

None.

Earlier years i might have gone to 4-5 matches a year, but now with less money because of building a house, i hope to see at least one or two matches this season, but even so i feel as much of a fan now as i have been all the other years.

Difficult, i wouldn't say it is an amount i would say it is a consistency, for reasons people go different amounts so long as they a similar amount consistently and not depending on the club situation, i'd say that.

Guest guinness_fiend

None.  As far as I am concerned, if you pick a team for a valid reason (subjective, but hey) and stick with them through thick and thin, you are a true "fan." 

I come from Crewe and the first professional game I ever attended was Crewe v Newcastle (League Cup, 24th September 1991).  One of my dad's mates (a Newcastle fan) took me and we ended up getting ejected from the home end and moved in with the Toon fans.  It was packed, I was almost crushed to death (I was nine at the time) and I loved every minute of it.  I have followed the club ever since. 

I cannot stand fan elitism.  Of course we all want to get to St. James' every week, but for some people it is just not realistic.  For me, there is no distinction between a "fan" and a "supporter."  If you are passionate about the club and get goosebumps every Saturday waiting for the scores to get announced, watch the matches online with Korean commentary or spend half of your life on a bloody internet forum obsessing over the state of the club, you are just as much a fan as those people who are fortunate enough to spend their Saturdays in the Leazes End.

Whats the difference between a fan and a supporter? Personally i support my football club, i'm not a fan of it.

Was just about to say something along these lines.

You can be a fan without going to any games. If you go to games, I would describe that as supporting the team.

Whats the difference between a fan and a supporter? Personally i support my football club, i'm not a fan of it.

You can be a fan without going to any games. If you go to games, I would describe that as supporting the team.

Pfff. You can go to games and not be a supporter. There's fucking thousands of them.

Pfff. You can go to games and not be a supporter. There's fucking thousands of them.

Fair point, I was going to go into more detail, but didn't think the question was worth a well thought out response. bluelaugh.gif

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I voted every game and don't know.

How does the two options work? :lol:

I voted for more than 3 and I don't know

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Depends on where you live/ life situation/economy etc.

As long as you know for yourself that you love the club you are watching i don't see the problem.

Shit thread btw

http://www.bloganything.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/zlatanibrahimovich.jpg

I kill you

Guest BooBoo

Anyone can be a fan but a true supporter of a club will attend matches and actively help the team and club through a financial commitment and by helping get behind the side on the pitch.

Hopefully none, because I live a 6 hour drive from Newcastle, can't afford a train up there, and don't yet have a car of my own so can't afford or get to any games. However I still consider myself a true fan, simply because even with all the shit this club has thrown at us recently, I've not fucked off and supported another team and would never dream of doing so.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hopefully none, because I live a 6 hour drive from Newcastle, can't afford a train up there, and don't yet have a car of my own so can't afford or get to any games. However I still consider myself a true fan, simply because even with all the shit this club has thrown at us recently, I've not fucked off and supported another team and would never dream of doing so.

I've made a little badge for you it says 'true suporter' do you want me to mail it to you?

I've made a little badge for you it says 'true suporter' do you want me to mail it to you?

Not with that spelling I don't.

Guest north shields lad

If you live within newcastle/northumberland/durham/ etc etc, then over 20 games a season. (apart from 4 years i was banned)

I go almost every match, and even if i can not afford it, there is ways and means of getting in.

Hate the new age fans that have latched onto this club the last few years, and have an opionion on everything. Give me the hardcore 20 thousand we had in 1987 any day of the week.

If you live within newcastle/northumberland/durham/ etc etc, then over 20 games a season. (apart from 4 years i was banned)

I go almost every match, and even if i can not afford it, there is ways and means of getting in.

Hate the new age fans that have latched onto this club the last few years, and have an opionion on everything. Give me the hardcore 20 thousand we had in 1987 any day of the week.

Blatant charver.