Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

This I can see being oneofthe mostdifficult matches this year,after they missed out last season and seeing the start they'veAde this season they are one of my favorites to go up.

I'd settle for any draw although think we'll come through maybe 2 - 1 winners.

Probably the only team we've faced so far who actually pose a threat to the opposition's goal... Chopra will be itching for a goal but I still think we can take this one if we play as well as we have been.

A draw would be more than acceptable, there's plenty of rubbish in this league we can get our wins off.

2-1 win I think, with Loven I reckon we'll have a bit of pace upfront which is something we've maybe missed a bit. If Shola's back, great, him and Loven could tear them up, if not Carroll would do a similar job.

Lovenkrands wont be fit in time.

If we win this then I genuinely think we can beat anyone.

Cardiff and West Brom have been the top performers so far and we managed to hold our own against WBA (thanks to Krul especially), and if we manage to beat Cardiff on their own ground, I can't see any other teams really giving us a good go.

2-1 win I think, with Loven I reckon we'll have a bit of pace upfront which is something we've maybe missed a bit. If Shola's back, great, him and Loven could tear them up, if not Carroll would do a similar job.

Lovenkrands wont be fit in time.

I reckon he'll probably start on the bench. We should be able to get 20 minutes out of him.

Cardiff are one of the better teams in the Championship and going there will be tough, I will be happy with a draw, but given our start we can win there. Their crowd will be up for this one, it will be their 1st big match at the new stadium. I assume we will travel well to Cardiff so the atmosophere should be top quality.

Being a Swansea boy would give me even extra pleasure in seeing the Toon beat Cardiff.

Don't see any reason why McLovelypants shouldn't be fit for this. It's a week and a half away and he's been doing pre season training.

Have we got any other players except for Coloccini who's away on International duties?

Guest Dunster

If we win this then I genuinely think we can beat anyone.

Cardiff and West Brom have been the top performers so far and we managed to hold our own against WBA (thanks to Krul especially), and if we manage to beat Cardiff on their own ground, I can't see any other teams really giving us a good go.

I think Sheff Utd will be there or thereabouts, they're a good side albeit a bit one dimensional.  And we can't really foget about the smogs either, still many decent players there although thankfully much weakened after the deaprture of Tuncay and Huth.  And having to keep Alves! Bristo City as well will be up there, they keep gradually building each year.  There's a few good teams who'll challenge us I reckon.

Cardiff fans saying we have sold out our 2000 ticket allocation, and that the game itself is nearly a sell out.

Really tough game like, our most difficult yet, expecting Hughton to go 4-5-1.

I rang the box office today and there are a small number to go on public sale tomorrow. She wouldn't say how many but thought they'd be gone fairly soon.

Don't see any reason why McLovelypants shouldn't be fit for this. It's a week and a half away and he's been doing pre season training.

Have we got any other players except for Coloccini who's away on International duties?

He said he is 'running fit' and not 'match fit'. On the basis that our lads were meant to be 'match fit' for the first game and have had 6 matches since then, he'll be doing well to get up to that level.

He said he is 'running fit' and not 'match fit'. On the basis that our lads were meant to be 'match fit' for the first game and have had 6 matches since then, he'll be doing well to get up to that level.

Aye. We'll probably stick with 4-5-1 anyway so he'll be on the bench i would have thought.

Mind you, he was far from match fit when we got him back in January and made a pretty immediate impact, so i've got faith he'll get up to speed pretty quickly.