The rules on loan deals now the transfer window has closed

Dave

Getting fed up of reading about it so:

The Football League have now confirmed the situation regarding loans as follows:

Standard loans can be for half a season or a full season. These can only be done during the two transfer windows (i.e. by the end of today or in January 2010).

Emergency loans can be done outside of the transfer window, but not after the fourth Thursday in November or March.

A club can have a maximum of four players under 23 and a further four over 23 on standard loan during the season. There is no limit on Emergency Loans.

However, only four players maximum can join one club from another during the season.

A maximum of five loan players can be named on a team sheet.

We can now ONLY sign players on loan if it's 'an emergency'. I don't know what classes as an emergency like.

Whatever the rules, I don't think it'll be as easy as some reckon.

"Our clubs now have to comply with transfer window restrictions.

"The League, with the approval of the FA, has made provision for clubs to take players on short-term emergency loans during the closed periods in exceptional circumstances."

Im sure when Stoke got promoted with all those loanees they were having loads in out of the window and were obviously not 'emergencies' or what i would perceive to be so! Sorry if they changed this season or whatever.

Surely having only 2 CBs in the squad qualifies as an emergency.

Would be a good case for one. Are the club even that bothered though to try?

You're forgetting that getting anyone in - even on loan - costs money.

So you can rule that out.

Guest neesy111

Im sure when Stoke got promoted with all those loanees they were having loads in out of the window and were obviously not 'emergencies' or what i would perceive to be so! Sorry if they changed this season or whatever.

aye, remember shola went on loan to stoke, that was in march or something

Guest michaelfoster

we have upto the 4th Thursday in November which is the 26th and then we cant loan anyone till Jan 1st but then we can loan from then upto 4th Thursday in March which is the 25th

Guest neesy111

Go on the BBC site and look at transfers from September, October, November, January, February. There's not that many emergencies.

yeah didn't doncaster sign lua lua last march?

Guest Wally_McFool

If we want to borrow somebody, then the FA had jolly well better let us have whoever we want, when we want.

Do they not realise who we are.  ;D  :crazy2:

damn it, even .com is confused on the rules. Before, they were saying what Dave quoted up there. Now, they've changed their tune:

The Football League have now confirmed the situation regarding loans as follows (the word 'emergency' in this context seems to have no real meaning):

Standard loans can be for half a season or a full season.  These can only be done during the two transfer windows (i.e. by the end of today or in January 2010).

Emergency loans can be done outside of the transfer window, but not after the fourth Thursday in November or March. 

A club can have a maximum of four players under 23 and a further four over 23 on standard loan during the season. There is no limit on Emergency Loans. 

However, only four players maximum can join one club from another during the season.

A maximum of five loan players can be named on a team sheet. 

Recent loan links:

Gareth Bale (Spurs) defender

Craig Cathcart (Manchester United) defender

Darron Gibson (Manchester United) midfielder

Marlon Harewood (Aston Villa) striker

Danny Rose (Spurs) midfielder

James Vaughan (Everton) striker

Craig Cathcart is part of the Northern Ireland U21 squad who are currently preparing for European Championship fixtures away to the Czech Republic on Friday and at home to Iceland next Tuesday.

It seems logical to assume that completion of the loan deal and the associated medical/paperwork could be delayed until the player is back in England.

Being said on Spurs forum that Championship sides can do loans till the end of the month but I've no idea how that ties in with 'emergencies'. 

Anyway, Danny Rose said to be 'highly likely' to go on loan to Newcastle, as is Dorian Dervite subject to the fitness of our CB's.  As Woody and Daws are now back in full training, the suggestion is that DD could move to SJP at the end of the month.

Guest icemanblue

Being said on Spurs forum that Championship sides can do loans till the end of the month but I've no idea how that ties in with 'emergencies'.  

Anyway, Danny Rose said to be 'highly likely' to go on loan to Newcastle, as is Dorian Dervite subject to the fitness of our CB's.  As Woody and Daws are now back in full training, the suggestion is that DD could move to SJP at the end of the month.

Well done, Jol. That's your first ever piece of interesting information.

Dorian D is really highly rated around your parts isnt he Jol?

He was until he did his cruciate.  Since then I don't think he has anything like the same level of mobility that he had before.  Commanding in the air still but pace is important.   Overall, I'm not convinced he will make in the Premier League, it's too quick for him.  Widely rumoured that he will be going back to France this time next year when he's out of contract.