Anyone still want Shearer?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With all the takeover nonsense, the transfer window activity (or not) and our excellent start to the season, the focus has moved away from the appointment of Alan Shearer as manager.

Regardless of whether or not we are taken over any time soon, is there still a preference for Alan Shearer to be appointed amongst many?

Just wondering.

Guest neesy111

never wanted him, we didn't exactly play well under him, want him to gain experience at another club before coming

another problem with this club, fan's believing only 2 ppl can manage this club i.e. keegan and shearer, absoloute nonsense

never wanted him, we didn't exactly play well under him, want him to gain experience at another club before coming

another problem with this club, fan's believing only 2 ppl can manage this club i.e. keegan and shearer, absoloute nonsense

What shite.

ZOMGGG!!! HE HAS A KEEGAN IN HIS AVATAR HE MUST WANT HIM A MANAGER!!!!  :rolleyes:

But because the fans believe they're the only 2 people capable, they become the only 2 people capable. Patience amongst the fans with any other man is Nil.

Currently, I'm happy to bob around in the state of winning limbo.. but I guess if I had to choose I'd go with Shearer.

Happy enough to stick with Hughton at the minute but if eventually a takeover does happen then I'd be more interested in appointing someone else now with more experience. Don't really know why I've changed my opinion like, maybe Shearer is just too much of a gamble considering how suprisingly consistent we are becoming.

I still want Shearer but like I said in the other thread, theres no rush with the way things are going and the transfer window being shut. Ideally you would want the long term manager in charge sooner rather than later but things are going fine on the pitch. When we are eventually sold I would love Shearer as manager. If this drags on and on and we aren't sold until after the January transfer window then I would be more than happy for new owners to come in and offer Roy Hodgson the job next summer if we get promoted. Would be harsh on Hughton but he must not be allowed to manage us in the Premiership.

I don't think I really care anymore, before i wanted him (not desperately). I don't want Hughton full time, and while Shearer would be up there I wouldn't be gutted if it wasn't him.

However I think there's the feeling that this is his time, whoever else is appointment will have the Shearer shadow behind him, so maybe just give Shearer a shot and if he's good then great, if not then at least its out the way.

I didn't vote for any of the options btw

chris is doing a solid job at the moment would shearer have done any better? Personally i always wanted curbishley or strachen and i could have lived with o'leary they all have previous management experience whereas shearer does not and can we afford to give him on the job training so to speak?

I honestly couldn't care less anymore. But to be fair to Hughton one advantage he has over Shearer is his humility. The last thing we need is Shearer strutting in and laying down the law with the likes of Barton and the other underperformers, it doesn't work.

For me Shearer appears to be the best option possible. I don't think I have heard any other name mentioned that has made me think "yeah... go for him".

Mind, he shouldnt come anywhere near the place while Ashley is around. We cant afford to have the small amount of stability we appear to have found, ruined by a change of management.

Guest The Libertine

if anyone with a decent record wants it i'd let them have it.

i'd prefer lee clark over hughton. not sure about shearer.

I'd take Shearer right now, but I think its debateable whether he should come in on silly wages.  He is already a very rich millionaire, and given his lack of experience he should be on a respectable wage that rewards him for winning and results.  He doesn't need the money, but of course should be paid the relevant amount for what the role and league the job is in. It's very different paying him silly money for being one of the best strikers in the world and still paying him silly money because he wants to manage us when there is no evidence at all that he is equally as good at managing a football club as he was a striker.

Our success is dependant on sorting our finances as much as it is the manager and first team.

Guest Stephen927

Pleased with the job Hughton has done this season, but never in a million years should he be considered to manage this team long term.

Shearer was in a tough situation last season, hard to judge what kind of manager he will turn out to be, whether he'll be good or not.

I'm leaning more towards yes than no tbh.