List of Free Agents

Ketsbaia

De Guzman is one of the few that we would not be looking to ship out if we were to go up.

Yep, the only thing is he would probably be demanding about 20k a week, which while we could afford, it's one of the few positions that desperately need strengthening.

I suppose signing him would ultimately push Butt further from the starting line up, which is always nice.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink

Interesting, was a decent player not too long ago. Wonder why... at 30 I'd have thought he was still effective.  Wiki has him down as having a long injury spell and goal drought.  Perhaps he is carrying a rather niggling injury now?

Bernard is 29 and has essentially been retired for 3 years, what an absolute waste

Hardly his fault his hip died on him.

You clearly dont know the facts mate, at 24 he basically gave up trying to be a footballer

:lol: FACT.

Guest beardieman

Glauber is a 6 "3 Brazlian international centre half. I know Brazilian caps are handed out for nothing now but surely he would be worth a trial. He was a first choice for a Bundesliga team a year ago.

look at Cacapa Braxil international and captain of lyon. What a master stroke signing he was. thanks for that Fat Sam

Glauber is a 6 "3 Brazlian international centre half. I know Brazilian caps are handed out for nothing now but surely he would be worth a trial. He was a first choice for a Bundesliga team a year ago.

look at Cacapa Braxil international and captain of lyon. What a master stroke signing he was. thanks for that Fat Sam

We're a first division side now though. A player of Cacapa's quality would be brilliant now.

Now the transfer window is closed, we're limited to freebies and emergency loans until January. But theres some interesting unattached players available and heres just some of them (some of these might have recently retired/joined somebody etc):

DEF

Glauber Berti, Jorge Andrade,Giourkas Seitaridis,

MID

Andy Van der Meyde, Julian de Guzman, Stephen Appiah

FOR

Henri Camara, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink,

Out of the list so far, these would all be worth a punt. However some of them would be unlikely because of wages demand.

Bernard is 29 and has essentially been retired for 3 years, what an absolute waste

You clearly dont know the facts mate, at 24 he basically gave up trying to be a footballer

I think you misunderstood, York

Haven't read the thread but... Mifsud? Wasn't he Coventry's best player last season or something?

Couple of seasons ago, yeah, he was a cult hero there.

Then he stopped scoring goals for an eon and ended up at Barnsley on loan, didn't score there either. Then he was released.

Probably worth dodging tbh.

As you'd expect, they're all either crocks or useless now.

Would say Hamann seems to be the best out of that bunch, would add strong cover and a solid passer in front of the defence, but no chance (and probably no need) of it ever happening.

You had a go at whatshisface for not using facts, then you make a totally unsubstantiated statement and pass it off as a fact. I enjoyed the irony, that's all - i don't necassarily disagree with you, Ron.

You had a go at whatshisface for not using facts, then you make a totally unsubstantiated statement and pass it off as a fact. I enjoyed the irony, that's all - i don't necassarily disagree with you, Ron.

I wasn't passing it off as a fact, I was merely pointing it out that whatshisface doesn't know the facts behind Bernard's demise

Jorge Andrade used to be a beast at Depor, think his knees are shot, hence Juve releasing him, might be worth a punt though.

I like Jaidi he is a journeyman and well experienced in the Championship, might be getting on a bit but decent experience for a young backline.

Lucas Neill is mercenary scum, think he would upset the team spirit, would certainly do a job for us if we paid him enough.

Michael Ball would be a decent squad filler for Enriques inevitable injury.

Giourkas Seitaridis seems like a no brainer if there was anyway we could get him.

Julian de Guzman would be fantastic, would give us a qualified defensive midfielder and free up Smith to boost the striking side. Unlikely though.

Bolo Zenden would be worth a crack if we play Jonas on the right.

Still think Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink would be a decent bet, Misfud aswell.

Viera and Viduka would be costly potentially disruptive influences.

Doubt we are looking at any of them or vice versa though. :weep: