Ashley's Intent

BONTEMPI

With the total lack of investment that's taken place, surely that would suggest he is indeed trying to find a buyer, otherwise he'd have protected his investment with a larger number of signings to ensure we go straight back up.

I just can't fathom his way of thinking if his main goal was to always keep the club anyway.

What do others think?

I for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would neglect there financial investment the way he has, its just ludicrous its like anyone of us buying a house for say 200k and letting it go to wreck and ruin and its value decreasing by 100%..i have come to the conclusion that his business acumen is just piss poor , you just have to look at his other ventures to see that, i think he just got lucky at one stage and everything is falling down around his ears now..i for one hope the fat cunt ends up destitute in a box on leicester square its all he deserves for destroying 17 years of hard work establishing this club as one of the premier leagues main stays...a club that has been runners up twice 3rd twice 4th,5th,6th...the man is a disgrace and deserves to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would neglect there financial investment the way he has, its just ludicrous its like anyone of us buying a house for say 200k and letting it go to wreck and ruin and its value decreasing by 100%..i have come to the conclusion that his business acumen is just piss poor , you just have to look at his other ventures to see that, i think he just got lucky at one stage and everything is falling down around his ears now..i for one hope the fat cunt ends up destitute in a box on leicester square its all he deserves for destroying 17 years of hard work establishing this club as one of the premier leagues main stays...a club that has been runners up twice 3rd twice 4th,5th,6th...the man is a disgrace and deserves to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Direct shares were tipped as one fo the shares worth buying in the Daly Mail financial section yesterday for what that's worth. Ironic though it seems, if we get promoted on a shoestring we'll probably be in as healthy a financial position as we've been in years. If that happens I'm sure Ashley will be the first one to tell us how he was responsible for the situation.

Guest DarkSchneider

I think that he's gambling again. He hopes that we have enough to be promoted and in case of injuries we can always loan players, from PL clubs, because they would gladly come to play some 1st team footbal infront of such great fans. He has allmost halved the wage bill and we're still top of this league. Maybe he will once again try to sell for a greater price or start from scratch next year when we hopefuly play in PL again.

The question is whether fans can forgive him and give him a fresh start...

I think the hatred is mutual now. I know it would be for me if 30K People were abusing me at games. (He deserves it BTW).

I dont think he will spend one extra penny on OUR club. I bet we have only got Lovenkrands on the proviso his wages are funded by Xisco going out otherwise he wouldnt have agreed to that one even.

With the total lack of investment that's taken place, surely that would suggest he is indeed trying to find a buyer, otherwise he'd have protected his investment with a larger number of signings to ensure we go straight back up.

I just can't fathom his way of thinking if his main goal was to always keep the club anyway.

What do others think?

I think that he wants shot of the club but thanks to his previous actions, the media's portrayal of the supporters and the asking price (has he or hasn't he written off that loan?) there aren't too many genuinely interested buyers.

He isn't supporting the club financially any more so we're just treading water until someone buys us.

The day we were relegated deemed the Club was worth nowhere near £100m. Pompey changed hands for an alleged £5m (with debt absorbed by new owner) So just how does he think that NUFC are worth anywhere near £100m? (without debt being absorbed)

He'll take the Club off the market and will hope against hope we get promoted. He will then shut the Club down and put up the 'for sale' signs in the summer transfer window while he again pretends to want sell it while incoming players will be worthless shite that will see us relegated again.

He will not get £240m for the Club unless he puts it in the top 4 of the Prem and that will not happen anytime in the next 25 years I doubt.

The only logical explanation is that he saw our bright start to the season and thought "fuck this we might bounce back up with no investment and i'll sell up then. we've hit rock bottom anyway so I'll see how it goes and if things go downhill i'll put it back on the market nearer January when I have more idea". I honestly reckon he had no intention to sell in the final weeks and would question what intention he ever had to sell the club at a realistic price. He has past form of taking chances, we got relegated after he gambled on trying to balance the books.

Of course it doesn't make any sense why someone would sell 25M pounds worth of players and still keep the asking price the same, pricing himself out of a sale and totally neglecting his own asset in the process.

I think that he's gambling again. He hopes that we have enough to be promoted and in case of injuries we can always loan players, from PL clubs, because they would gladly come to play some 1st team footbal infront of such great fans. He has allmost halved the wage bill and we're still top of this league. Maybe he will once again try to sell for a greater price or start from scratch next year when we hopefuly play in PL again.

The question is whether fans can forgive him and give him a fresh start...

This is close to the mark.

The day we were relegated deemed the Club was worth nowhere near £100m. Pompey changed hands for an alleged £5m (with debt absorbed by new owner) So just how does he think that NUFC are worth anywhere near £100m? (without debt being absorbed)

He'll take the Club off the market and will hope against hope we get promoted. He will then shut the Club down and put up the 'for sale' signs in the summer transfer window while he again pretends to want sell it while incoming players will be worthless shite that will see us relegated again.

He will not get £240m for the Club unless he puts it in the top 4 of the Prem and that will not happen anytime in the next 25 years I doubt.

Totally agree.

100m is a fiction price which indicates he doesn't want to sell.

on one hand it doesnt make sense, on the other hand if we do get promoted (not an unreasonable goal considering our starting 11 is likely the strongest in the league) and back in prem financially we'll actually be in the healthiest position since god knows when with a wage bill while big for championship would be at under 50% of our usual premier league level income which is ideal and would leave us with room to play with to add to the bill while being responsible so as to not do something stupid like the owen deal again

Guest SupermacTheLegend

I hate him as much as anyone but he wasn't the one playing on the field or choosing the teams?

The Players and the Managment did have something to do with this aswell, I just hope he sells up and Fucks off.

on one hand it doesnt make sense, on the other hand if we do get promoted (not an unreasonable goal considering our starting 11 is likely the strongest in the league) and back in prem financially we'll actually be in the healthiest position since god knows when with a wage bill while big for championship would be at under 50% of our usual premier league level income which is ideal and would leave us with room to play with to add to the bill while being responsible so as to not do something stupid like the owen deal again

We'd also have a squad nailed on to equalize Derby's record. And Ashley will never spend any money to buy us anyone. Ever.

Don't know why people are wasting their time discussing or even thinking about this anymore.

It's obvious Ashley is reluctant to sell us, he has been brought in as a destroyer, that is his job. Why long this out any further with other consortia if Moat is interested? Because he doesn't want to sell us. It's not going to happen ... get on with your lives.

I've said it before, probably when he first arrived.

It should never have been taken for granted by people that he would invest in the team in order to maintain a challenge and hopefully win something. Like everyone else he didn't see the downturn in the economy and thought he could buy a football club and that it would simply increase in value automatically over time. I think he just wanted to make a bit of money while doing nowt at all for it. When it comes to football he's a total know-nowt and he got lucky with his cheapo sports shop/market stall level stuff. Simple as that.

I was in JJB yesterday. Different class of retailer completely.

I think his intent now could well be to destroy the club and offset the losses against his market stall.

I hate him as much as anyone but he wasn't the one playing on the field or choosing the teams?

The Players and the Managment did have something to do with this aswell, I just hope he sells up and f***s off.

Ashley kind of picked the managers and wouldn't fund getting in the players we needed though.