Boycotting companies?

Mowen

Anyone do any of this?

I've been thinking of ways in which I could improve myself and this was the only realistic one I could come up with. A good moral crusade from which to look down at those inferior to me. Any good recommendations on who I should steer clear of? I've heard Nestle and Coca Cola are pretty naughty, won't pretend I know the facts for. A good, worthwhile bandwagon is what I'm looking for.

By the way, it should be noted that I'd prefer to avoid a company that isn't that essential to my lifestyle i.e. don't suggest I give up meat.

I'm actually being serious here, if anyone can acceptably justify to me why I should boycott a company I'm in. Human rights and that.

Bottled water. Think of the waste, the environmental damage, and the fact that a lot of it is no better than normal water.

I wouldn't say I boycott it, but always have my own water bottle to fill up from the fountain at work etc. Only get it very infrequently e.g. for a train journey, when on holiday with unacceptable drinking water.

How do you plan on boycotting, handing out leaflets saying don't buy from KFC etc?

Not using it myself.

I bet there's loads of stuff you don't buy. You've been boycotting for ages.

I am a paragon of virtue, it is true.

Bottled water. Think of the waste, the environmental damage, and the fact that a lot of it is no better than normal water.

I wouldn't say I boycott it, but always have my own water bottle to fill up from the fountain at work etc. Only get it very infrequently e.g. for a train journey, when on holiday with unacceptable drinking water.

:thup:

:thup:

I went through a mini enviro-mental phase at uni where I got obsessed with really small things like this and not using plastic bags etc. Quite good habits to get into.

Guest Stephen927

How do you plan on boycotting, handing out leaflets saying don't buy from KFC etc?

Not using it myself.

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

By the way, it should be noted that I'd prefer to avoid a company that isn't that essential to my lifestyle

Will read the link though.

No problem, I don't like the way they store the chickens and whatever but its too tasty a place to cut completely out of my life.

Nestle kill babies.

Yeah, didn't they hand out loads of free milk to African families for the babies and then fail to sustain it, or something?

One reason aye. Give some powdered milk free, mother stops producing milk, mother then has to buy milk.

Also, water = piss in Africa, milk powder must be mixed with pisswater, = bad for baby.

Also, HARD SELL + misinforming mothers = dead babies.

This is the most conclusive, scientific and sexual overview you'll ever find.

Not using it myself.

By the way, it should be noted that I'd prefer to avoid a company that isn't that essential to my lifestyle

No problem, I don't like the way they store the chickens and whatever but its too tasty a place to cut completely out of my life.

Animal rights are way lower down my list of priorities than human priorities as well tbh.

Not using it myself.

KFC = shit

Why does the UK only have the SHIT US fast food places?

Nestle kill babies.

Yeah, didn't they hand out loads of free milk to African families for the babies and then fail to sustain it, or something?

One reason aye. Give some powdered milk free, mother stops producing milk, mother then has to buy milk.

Also, water = piss in Africa, milk powder must be mixed with pisswater, = bad for baby.

Also, HARD SELL + misinforming mothers = dead babies.

This is the most conclusive, scientific and sexual overview you'll ever find.

That's very naughty. Might have to look into that.