Chelsea not banned from signing players for next 2 windows.

cp40

So what's the difference between this and what we did with N'Zogbia (and porbably a few others)

Presumably we had the right to sign N'Zogbia due to the contractual situation, the only dispute was over the value of compensation due. It hasn't been fully explained but it looks like there has been breach of contract in this case.

Disgraceful.  It is the right thing to do, only if the rules are the same for every club.  They have clearly only done this to make an example.

How can you say this without knowing the contractual details? It's a possibility but it certainly isn't 'clear'. I haven't even seen details on what the breach related to yet.

This could damage them quite a lot actually.  If they can't bring players in then they also can't sell any (as they'd need replacing obviously).  By the time they can do business again nearly half their squad is going to be between 31 and 36 years old (most of them nearer the later) and have very little value left.  I'm sure they'd have wanted to sell most of those players off and replace them over the next few windows while they were still valuable.

There's also the possibility of the squad stagnating, what if quite a few players hit bad form, they can't be replaced so the manager really has his hands tied to a degree.

So what's the difference between this and what we did with N'Zogbia (and porbably a few others)

Presumably we had the right to sign N'Zogbia due to the contractual situation, the only dispute was over the value of compensation due. It hasn't been fully explained but it looks like there has been breach of contract in this case.

perhaps we were banned from signing players for a few windows, but cos Ashley loves us so much he didnt tell us, or keegan , and just tried to make the club a sucess without signing any players?

Can i just ask what they did?  :blush:

Like the Cesc situation? If so we are SCREWED.

There's an article on skysports.com. Doesn't actually say what the infringement was, but some sort of contract breach. If a club doesn't complain about the transfer there won't be any hassle, if they do it mainly ends up being a compensation squabble.

We already reached an agreement about it and dropped the case, years ago.

I know that, i'm on about in future, i've found an article now anyway, so he actually broke a contract not like us getting the best players in at the end of their youth contracts.

Report from Press Association

CHELSEA BANNED FROM BUYING PLAYERS UNTIL 2011

By Martyn Ziegler, Chief Reporter, Press Association Sport

Chelsea have been banned from registering any new players for the next two transfer windows in a shock move by FIFA after being found guilty of inducing a French teenager to breach his contract with another club.

Gael Kakuta, 18, joined Chelsea from Lens two years ago after which the French club lodged a complaint with FIFA.

Now FIFA’s dispute resolution chamber (DRC) has ruled that Kakuta breached his contract with Lens and that Chelsea induced him to do so.

FIFA said in a statement: “The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

“The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such breach.

“As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of EUR 780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, is jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

“A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches is imposed on the player Gael Kakuta while the club Chelsea is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.

“Furthermore, Chelsea, has to pay RC Lens training compensation in the amount of EUR 130,000.”

Bans on registration, plus a fine and the player gets hit with a significant compensation payment

We already reached an agreement about it and dropped the case, years ago.

I know that, i'm on about in future, i've found an article now anyway, so he actually broke a contract not like us getting the best players in at the end of their youth contracts.

I think Chelsea encouraged him to break his contract so he could sign for them.

I am laughing my tits off BUT its fkn stupid aint it? I mean these French cunts cry like fk any time they lose a young talent, look at the shit we had over Zoggy.

Its not the same situation.  Past complaints such as N'Zogbia, Fabregas ect have been about clubs signing young players at the end of their youth contracts and the club wanting more compensation then those clubs were offering.  What's happened here is an actual breach of contract.

I am laughing my tits off BUT its fkn stupid aint it? I mean these French cunts cry like fk any time they lose a young talent, look at the shit we had over Zoggy.

What a bunch of cunts for wanting fair money for players they've developed and English clubs have been able to pick up on the cheap due to differing youth contract law in this country.