Chelsea not banned from signing players for next 2 windows.

cp40

Guest The Libertine

This was breach of contract though

if one team gets punished for rule breaking the others should too regardless of the rule broken.

This was breach of contract though

Yeah, you've got a point, but what teams like Man City do is breach of contract by proxy... they unsettle the player until he wants out, and his attitude becomes so bad that he is useless to his current club.

Footballers should just stop signing contracts and just play window-to-window - they're meaningless anyway.

I hope Chelsea take FIFA on here, they will have a good case as EU law should back them up. Surely it's against the basic premise of free movement of people and trade.

No idea the ins and outs of this ruling but all I know is that both FIFA and UEFA are only too quick to penalise English clubs as they seem to see them as the devil. Those two institutions are far more damaging to the game than the EPL.

You just know that had this situation happend with a big Spanish or Italian club, they would not have received the same sanctions. Although it's amusing that it's happening to Chelsea, at the end of the day, it's just showing how the governing bodies, like to abuse their postion to promote their agendas.

Pure speculation and no substance.

Am I supposed to not comment on stuff unless I can back it up ? Is this a court of Law like ?

What are you on ??

I already said I know nothing about this case, the only point I'm making is that FIFA and UEFA are two corrupt bodies who I trust to have the best interest of the game in mind as much as I trust a word that comes out of lamearse's mouth.

As much as it's funny that Chelsea are getting screwed here, there is a bigger issue with this agenda against English clubs. FIFA may regret this because if Chelsea play it smart they could open up the whole transfer system, which legally is not a watertight system at all.

Seems a bit arbitary to me, this sort of thing happens all the time surely.

Man City have spent the last six months inducing Joleon Lescott to leave Everton, I would call that tapping up.

would love it if man city got a punishment like this for that

Seems a bit arbitary to me, this sort of thing happens all the time surely.

Man City have spent the last six months inducing Joleon Lescott to leave Everton, I would call that tapping up.

would love it if man city got a punishment like this for that

Given that it isn't the same crime, that's pretty unlikely.

Guest optimistic nit

I hope Chelsea take FIFA on here, they will have a good case as EU law should back them up. Surely it's against the basic premise of free movement of people and trade.

No idea the ins and outs of this ruling but all I know is that both FIFA and UEFA are only too quick to penalise English clubs as they seem to see them as the devil. Those two institutions are far more damaging to the game than the EPL.

You just know that had this situation happend with a big Spanish or Italian club, they would not have received the same sanctions. Although it's amusing that it's happening to Chelsea, at the end of the day, it's just showing how the governing bodies, like to abuse their postion to promote their agendas.

Am I supposed to not comment on stuff unless I can back it up ? Is this a court of Law like ?

What are you on ??

I already said I know nothing about this case, the only point I'm making is that FIFA and UEFA are two corrupt bodies who I trust to have the best interest of the game in mind as much as I trust a word that comes out of lamearse's mouth.

As much as it's funny that Chelsea are getting screwed here, there is a bigger issue with this agenda against English clubs. FIFA may regret this because if Chelsea play it smart they could open up the whole transfer system, which legally is not a watertight system at all.

although at the same time Chelsea have spent a lot of time screwing teams out of their star players taking the best youth out of a lot of clubs who would possably be challenging for a starting place at their origional club now instead of out on loan or in the Chelsea reserves. neither side are in the right here so i'm not really arsed.

The program a few years ago regarding corruption in football (the one that Big Sam took offence to) had Chelseas Arneson making an illegal move for one of Middlesboroughs young kids (Porrit iirc). The FA said they would investigate what was obviously an illegal approach - but, did anyone hear what came of it?  No, me neither.

perhaps they have got what has been coming to them.

What are you on ??

:iamwithstupid:

Hardly think there's an institutional anti-English bias going on here seeing as Chelsea are the first English club these sanctions have ever been brought against, and the fact that Italy's AS Roma and Switzerland's FC Sion have been subject to/are currently appealing against similar embargos, respectively.  (According to BBC Radio 5 Live for those facts, btw.)

Fucking hate chelsea so been pissing myself laughing. Its about time these clubs got what they deserve after bullying clubs out of players at times, diving and cheating all the time.

Although I think fifa need to investigate more than just the english leagues. They fucking hate us. But how would you feel if they were up to them tricks with us. I would not like to see our club cheating and using underhand tricks to win games, get players etc

If fifa go through with this they need to make it clear any team doing this will feel the full force same as what uefa have to do over eduardo.

Guest guinness_fiend

Does this include signing people who are out-of-contract...?

It will be interesting to see how the decision is worded, as firms like Brabners Chaffe Street will be rubbing their hands with glee trying to work out loopholes for a significant fee.

I'd be very surprised is this is upheld, as I would hazard a guess that the powers that be would deem the decision disproportionate and simply increase the compensation sum payable by Chelsea and rescind the ban.  A sensible option would be for Chelsea to pay the potential market value of Kakuta, decided by an independent arbitrator, had he fulfilled his contract and Chelsea bought him at value.

Guest Dennis Carter

I can't see it affecting them signing players who are out of contract and all that'll happen is they'll tap up players in the final year of their contract and when it expires they'll get their "dream move" to Chelsea

Does this include signing people who are out-of-contract...?

It will be interesting to see how the decision is worded, as firms like Brabners Chaffe Street will be rubbing their hands with glee trying to work out loopholes for a significant fee.

I'd be very surprised is this is upheld, as I would hazard a guess that the powers that be would deem the decision disproportionate and simply increase the compensation sum payable by Chelsea and rescind the ban.  A sensible option would be for Chelsea to pay the potential market value of Kakuta, decided by an independent arbitrator, had he fulfilled his contract and Chelsea bought him at value.

I can't see it affecting them signing players who are out of contract and all that'll happen is they'll tap up players in the final year of their contract and when it expires they'll get their "dream move" to Chelsea

I believe the restriction is on registering new players, so they wouldn't even be able to register out of contract players, nor (in theory) would they be able to register any of their academy players.

They could sign whoever they liked, but they'd not be eligible to play until the ban is lifted.

I agree that I doubt this is upheld...somehow I suspect that it's overturned or simply reduced.

But the idea that Chelsea should just pay market value is lilke telling a shop lifter who got caught to just pay for the stuff, and they can go.  Where's the incentive not to try again if the worst that happens is that you just have to pay the real price, but you might get away with a steal.

Guest Roger Kint

I think they'll appeal and end up paying a massive fine instead. :neutral:

UEFA just wanted to flex their muscles a bit and they'll drop the punishment down a bit.

A precedent was set with Roma. They got a one window ban, this will be a similar case with a probable heavy fine as well. Good!

Not like they dont have previous

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-s-dodgy-transfer-deals-article143579.html