NUFC Scout Lil Fuccillo joins Swansea

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Swansea recruit Newcastle scout

Lil Fuccillo has moved from his role as chief scout at Newcastle United to take up the equivalent position at Championship rivals Swansea City.

The ex-Luton and Peterborough player and manager takes the post immediately.

The Swans have been keen to replace their highly rated former scout Kevin Reeves, who followed ex-manager Roberto Martinez to Wigan in the summer.

"[Fuccillo's] appointment is the missing link we've been trying to fill," said Swans chairman Huw Jenkins.

"To secure the services of someone with Lil's knowledge, experience, contacts and network of scouts is a massive plus for the club," he told the Swansea City website.

"He will work closely with [manager] Paulo [sousa] on player recruitment and match scouting.

"We realise the importance of the role and it was crucial we brought in the right person for the job."

Guest Stephen927

Did he find anyone? With a name like his I'd imagine he may have suggested Zamblera.

Blatant racism.

Can't really say what kind of work he did behind the scenes, so I'm not too fussed.

Guest helios_centric

Fairly sure Fucillo's English. But you could be right.

I remember reading he was like Sbragia half English/Italian.

Isn't Sbragia Scottish? Not sure cos last time I heard him speak he was almost crying.

Did he find anyone? With a name like his I'd imagine he may have suggested Zamblera.

MY FUCKING WORD!!!! 

He was not even working for the club when we signed him. I think it would be safe to say that Fabio like Ole Soderberg were down to Jeff Vetere.

Lil may speak the lingo & his parents are Italian but the former Luton midfielder is English.

Guest Heneage

MY f***ing WORD!!!! 

He was not even working for the club when we signed him. I think it would be safe to say that Fabio like Ole Soderberg were down to Jeff Vetere.

Lil may speak the lingo & his parents are Italian but the former Luton midfielder is English.

Calm down dear. I said may. Not did.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First Damien Duff, now this :weep:

This is me done with Newcastle United. The final straw...

Wake up grandad, this is the new NUFC. We're leading the way in the next generation of football clubs. We don't need any of those old fashioned ideas of having scouts, coaches, a manager, a chairman who knows anything about football, or a permanent playing staff. That's so passée. All you need is an MD and an agency to sell the players you have and hire loanee players for you and you're sorted.

The club's never been in better shape.

Guest Stephen927

is jeff vetere still at the club then?

Left ages ago didn't he?

i thought he was still there? i know jiminez and wise left but i thought vetere was there

Still here as a "technical co-ordinator".