Wedding favours

PCW1983

Right, me and the lady are getting married next year and we are stuck on what to do for favours so i thought id come on here and see if anyone can inspire us.

We have had a look at all the general kind of things, sugared almonds, heart lollies and alike, my lass fancies something more personal, flower seeds is a idea and me, well im a bit reluctant tbh.  Im not tight but buying 190 people summit to leave on the table kinda pisses me off however i can see why she wants to do it.

So, any ideas ?

Cheers, Philip and Louise

Right, me and the lady are getting married next year and we are stuck on what to do for favours so i thought id come on here and see if anyone can inspire us.

We have had a look at all the general kind of things, sugared almonds, heart lollies and alike, my lass fancies something more personal, flower seeds is a idea and me, well im a bit reluctant tbh.  Im not tight but buying 190 people summit to leave on the table kinda pisses me off however i can see why she wants to do it.

So, any ideas ?

My wife and I also went for the 5 sugared almonds.

She has just said that you generally only get the favours for the women guests so unless you have 190 women going it shouldnt be so bad

So, any ideas ?

She has just said that you generally only get the favours for the women guests so unless you have 190 women going it shouldnt be so bad

Didnt realize that, 80 it shall be then :-) or 80 ish

So, any ideas ?

most weddings i've been to have have the favours at each place setting. (is it a summer wedding with potential for outside frivolity as  a sugared almond fight during the photos is a giggle......from experience)

So, any ideas ?

most weddings i've been to have have the favours at each place setting. (is it a summer wedding with potential for outside frivolity as  a sugared almond fight during the photos is a giggle......from experience)

It is summer but inside, ill dig out my almond cannon then :-)

Guest toonlass

Was at a wedding recently and we all got a £1 lucky dip for the lottery rolled up in a straw instead of favours. Don't think anyone left theirs and everyone thought it was better than the usual sugar almonds crap.

Was at a wedding recently and we all got a £1 lucky dip for the lottery rolled up in a straw instead of favours. Don't think anyone left theirs and everyone thought it was better than the usual sugar almonds crap.

We had scratch cards suggested to us today, id be fucking gutted if someone won, knowing my look id give my fatha a 100k winning card.

"Fancy paying for this lot then ?"

"Fuck off"

Were liking the love heart idea at the mo, maybe im just being tight as about the whole thing.

Sounds nice, and honestly who among your guests gives a toss? As long as you get hitched, a few women cry, someone makes a complete twat of himself after drinking a bit too much and ABBA gets played: everyone's happy.

Were liking the love heart idea at the mo, maybe im just being tight as about the whole thing.

Sounds nice, and honestly who among your guests gives a toss? As long as you get hitched, a few women cry, someone makes a complete t*** of himself after drinking a bit too much and ABBA gets played: everyone's happy.

got to say i like weddings. mainly because of the women getting so tarted up, then getting squiffy and being startlingly filthy later on.

I'm sure madras said a while ago that every good wedding needs a "hoyoot" from the car so the lurking urchins can scrabble around on the road for pound coins.

Aye, but that was probably in Westerhope, so you had to do that just to stop them nicking the hub-caps.

Sounds nice, and honestly who among your guests gives a toss? As long as you get hitched, a few women cry, someone makes a complete t*** of himself after drinking a bit too much and ABBA gets played: everyone's happy.

got to saty i like weddings. mainly because of the women getting so tarted up, then getting squiffy and being startlingly filthy later on.

Love a good wedding, me. It's worth making more friends just so you can go to more weddings, tbh.

I'm sure madras said a while ago that every good wedding needs a "hoyoot" from the car so the lurking urchins can scrabble around on the road for pound coins.

Aye, but that was probably in Westerhope, so you had to do that just to stop them nicking the hub-caps.

like that would stop them.

like that would stop them.

"Aim for the eyes! Aim for the eyes!"

Guest toonlass

i was at a wedding recently with a load of danes......they have some mental wedding traditions and were determined to be "kitchy" and throw rice.

Hope they removed it from the cans first.

:coat:

i was at a wedding recently with a load of danes......they have some mental wedding traditions and were determined to be "kitchy" and throw rice.

not just rice but loads of little danish flags.

Guest toonlass

I could see that in Blyth, but using sharpened darts instead tbh

I could see that in Blyth, but using sharpened darts instead tbh

one of the danish traditions is that during the reception, if the groom leaves the room, al the men in the room run up to give the bride a kiss (vice versa if the bride leaves the room), i can imagine in blyth it would be full intercourse.