'There, or thereabouts'

Keefaz

I particulary like the 'footballers tense'.  Well I've come in at the back post and the defender has been able  to clear......

'I've come in, put the kettle on, had a dig from 2 yards to get the teabag in the bin. Speculative, to say the least.'

On his day, that player is unplayable.

..when the transfer window slams shut. (I fucking loathe that saying)

When people call youngish footballers, like 23-25 year olds 'lads' even though they're younger than the player they're describing. 'I think the lad did well' etc.

I particulary like the 'footballers tense'.  Well I've come in at the back post and the defender has been able  to clear......

'I've come in, put the kettle on, had a dig from 2 yards to get the teabag in the bin. Speculative, to say the least.'

I've shagged the wife from behind...

Harry Pearson does a thing on this in his book The Far Corner, where he does a thing about how he only uses footballing phrases for a day, it's quite funny.

'My manager rapped me for staying in bed. I hit back, branding him a 'right pain in the arse''.

It's funnier when you actually read it  ???

Harry Pearson does a thing on this in his book The Far Corner, where he does a thing about how he only uses footballing phrases for a day, it's quite funny.

'My manager rapped me for staying in bed. I hit back, branding him a 'right pain in the arse''.

It's funnier when you actually read it  ???

one of the funniest books ever.

"fed" as in "he fed a ball down the line"....do you say to your mates "lovely curry last night,jimmy fed me a knife cos i dropped mina and couldn't reach it"