The CCC: first impressions

Keefaz

What do you think? Is it better or worse than you expected? What do you think of the standard of the football, the fans, etc.? Best and worst things about the Fizzy Pop.

The standard is definately alot lower than I expected, these pundits are always banging on about how it's a high quality league and alot of these teams would do ok in the prem.  Bollocks, we are pretty much shitting on everyone.

This league just seems a bit more....fun. I don't think it's just that we're winning (so far) - it just seems a little bit less serious than the premiership. The banter seems more light hearted and enjoyable and the players seem more interested (than last season anyway). I'm enjoying going into games hoping for a positive result as opposed to fearing a negative result, it's a change in mindset that hasn't just been altered by the likelihood of victory.

I also reckon the away fans will be better this season than last. I was going to make a thread about this, but it's not really worth it. I reckon the majority of teams will have looked for the fixture at SJP as soon as the lists came out, and I'm sure every team in the league will bring better followings than the likes of Pompey, Blackburn and Wigan managed last season.

Loving this season so far.

Enjoying the fact that we will probably win most of our games, it's reinforcing my 'newcastle fan belief that we're special'. We really are too big a club to be in this division!

The problems will come if we have to spend a couple of seasons down here, one is fine... but not more thanks.

Guest rosstoon

I've enjoyed it, but I'm finding it very hard to understand why "It's one of the toughest leagues to get out of".

Because they are all as crap as each other, so its pretty random as to who gets out.

Its because the season is over 46 games and a lot of the bigger teams do not have bigger squads as theyve had to reduce wages from Premier league. Previous sides who have gone down have not got the qulaity that we have. So when they got rid of f their bigger players they were left with virtually a squad of 18 year olds. I know we are depleted and we have lost a lot of players but no one can doubt the talent we have in our starting 11. If we can keep our squad fit we will walk the league.

My mackem mate says he enjoys the time they've spent in this division more than the PL. I mean, he obviously wants his team to be in the PL, but I can almost see his point: this league is actually about football. There are hardly any 'big stars', much less bullshit, more emphasis on just playing the game.

But, Christ, let's get out of here.

My mackem mate says he enjoys the time they've spent in this division more than the PL. I mean, he obviously wants his team to be in the PL, but I can almost see his point: this league is actually about football. There are hardly any 'big stars', much less bullshit, more emphasis on just playing the game.

But, Christ, let's get out of here.

That is one of the things I've loved so far... not having to watch the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd whinging, diving and harassing the refs.

Seems a bit more of an honest sort of football, the kind fans can relate to.

the snob in me refuses to care about the other teams and the league in general sadly.

I know frighteningly little about the other teams, I'm just starting to see them as lambs to the slaughter now... I'm not bothered who they are! A tad overconfident of course, but hopefully the players are feeling the same.

the snob in me refuses to care about the other teams and the league in general sadly.

Ha. Me, too, a bit. I said at the very start of the season that it's going to be difficult to start caring about the results of Leicester or Sheffield Utd, and really, nothing's changed.

I'm loving the CCC, mainly because we are going back up and are not staying here long. The standard is ridiculous, I thought it would be hard as fuck going up and we would get bullied out of every game. Even though we lost most of our so called quality players we are still winning games. We also seem to have a bit of luck on our side, i.e. winning the Leicester game, which in the Prem would have ended either 0-0 or 0-1.

I'm also loving the fact that we are still looked at as a Premier League side, with managers saying things like "we have to treat this game like every other" etc. It feels fucking great being the top dog in this league :lol:

Definitely not as difficult a league as people reckoned it would be.

The opposition have been just as shot as us a putting away chances, their midfields are as averagely slow and I can't see many of them coming back after falling one behind.

Love the 'just get on with it' attitude, the lack of big stars and bias towards big teams and I love going into every game being favourites to win. Don't slip up and I couldn't tell you when we'll next lose.

When we do it'll be a mistake from ourselves.

I'm loving the CCC, mainly because we are going back up and are not staying here long. The standard is ridiculous, I thought it would be hard as f*** going up and we would get bullied out of every game.

I never really bought into the fact that it would be more physical or tougher in any way.

Maybe sometimes you will get a clogger that wants to kick lumps... but generally I would have thought that players used to the speed of the Premiership would find it far easier. They must think they have forever on the ball, the game is much slower.

The physical challenge of the Premiership must be much greater I reckon.

It'll be fun to watch this thread after we lose a few games. We're still in a fucking shit situation.

Even so, I still reckon I'll enjoy this season more than last. We've got 7 games in 20 days coming up I think, there's no way we'll maintain this run with our pathetic squad size.