Fulham's Riise says Duff is sh*t and he's better than him

Kaizero

Now this is professionalism at its best :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211702/New-Fulham-signing-Bjorn-Helge-Riise-unleashes-incredible-attack-Damien-Duff-Craven-Cottage-team-mates.html

New Fulham signing Bjorn Helge Riise unleashes incredible attack on Damien Duff and Craven Cottage team-mates.

Fulham midfielder Bjorn Helge Riise has launched an astonishing attack on his new Craven Cottage team-mates, with winger Damien Duff singled out as the main target.

Manager Roy Hodgson will demand an explanation from Riise, who only signed for the club from Lillestrom in July for £2million, as to why he made the extraordinary comments to a Norwegian newspaper.

Riise, 26, made the remarks while on international duty with Norway, taking aim at the club's star players.

But Riise, who is yet to start a game since making his move, saved his heaviest artillery for the Irish ace who is keeping him out of The Cottagers first team.

He said of his new team-mates: 'I don't think they've done all that good. But they have a good reputation and come from bigger clubs than me.

'I came from little Lillestrom in Norway, but players like Damien Duff have a name and status after playing for clubs like Newcastle and Chelsea and is ahead of me.

'I believe I have better qualities and strengths as a player than he does. He has the speed and the experience, and a good shot.

'But he is not that much faster than I am, and I have a better technique, a better touch and deliver better passes than he does. And I can be used in  different roles.'

Hodgson is sure to be angry at the swipe taken by his new signing and will be forced to give Riise a dressing-down when he returns to London on Thursday.

But he's right, though. Duff is s***.

When Riise's done half of what Duff's done, then he can comment.

He's done more than Duff has the last few years. It's not like Duff is Pelé; he's a useless has-been who has accomplished nothing since his first season at Chelsea. At least Riise is something Duff isn't: not proven to be shit.

He's done more than Duff has the last few years. It's not like Duff is Pelé; he's a useless has-been who has accomplished nothing since his first season at Chelsea. At least Riise is something Duff isn't: not proven to be shit.

Of course he's shit. You don;t play in Norway till you're 26 if you aren't.

Guest Heneage

But he acknowledges Duff's had a good career, he just feels now in this moment he's a better player, don't begrudge the ld self confidence.

But that is the exact attitude that got us relegated. Far too many players at the Club who's best years were well behind them. There was never any sense at all in signing Duff. He's been a plodder from the day we bought him. Face facts if he was any good would Chelsea have let him go?

It's not particularly about whether he's right or not really is it? Regardless, it makes him look like a petulant little shit that doesn't care about team spirit. Hardly a professional attitude, and I can't see that manager thinking "you know what, he's right!" and play him.

He's been there what, a month, and he's whining about not playing. At least give it a go for a while, and perhaps then, if he feels like he's been treated unfairly, say something.... to the manager.

Edit: Oh and :lol: at the speed thing...

The thing is, he isn't really whining. He is simply stating what he believes to be facts. He states the abilities of Duff and himself, and says that he believes that his abilities make him a better overall option.

It's stupid, but I don't think it's petulant.

Even allowing for the fact that a lot of those remarks are probably twisted or taken out of context, you shouldn't be publicly evaluating a team mate's abilities like that.

Either he's stupid or he thought the comments were off the record.

First of all, of course it's unprofessional and out of order for Riise to be mouthing off against a current team mate. That said he's absolutely right and considering the useless cunt got us relegated there's absolutely no need for anyone to pipe up in defense of Duff.

But that is the exact attitude that got us relegated. Far too many players at the Club who's best years were well behind them. There was never any sense at all in signing Duff. He's been a plodder from the day we bought him. Face facts if he was any good would Chelsea have let him go?

My point is though that Riise is 26 himself. If he was 20-21 or whatever, then fair enough. I bet Riise will last 12-18 in the Premiership at best, play about 20 times (mainly from the bench) and disappear back to where he came from.