Fulham's Riise says Duff is sh*t and he's better than him

Kaizero

We obviously needed him off the wage bill by the looks of it, and £4m was a great offer, but I still think we could have done with him, particular against Leicester last week when Geremi was there for the majority of the match.

We could do with him as we only have one winger. There wasn't a way we could reject that offer though, rumoured 70kpw and a decent fee for someone who was poor the last few seasons and is now 30.

Selling Duff for £4m in our situation was an incredible deal... we were right to bit their hands off. Have we really noticed the difference, playing without him?

We'd have noticed if he hadn't been at West Brom.

Selling Duff for £4m in our situation was an incredible deal... we were right to bit their hands off. Have we really noticed the difference, playing without him?

We'd have noticed if he hadn't been at West Brom.

I suppose so, in hindsight. There are were many possible outcomes though, someone else might have started instead and scored a goal... or we would have scored a goal in another situation because of the difference in our lineup and tactics.

All I'm saying is that Damien Duff was not a very effective player for us, losing him is not a big deal (except in terms of numbers).

Duff was never the same after about his 2nd season at chelski.

Mourinho ruined Duff and Joe Cole during that time. 

He was more interested in seeing them work their socks off and tracking back rather than attacking the opposition.

He was more interested in seeing them work their socks off and tracking back rather than attacking the opposition.

He might have ruined Duff, but he made Joe Cole IMO... turned him from just a tricky player to a really effective one. A bit like Fergie with Ronaldo.

Joe Cole is fantastic...shame he's a crock. If he's fit will add an extra dimension at the WC, would take some of the pressure off Rooney in terms of providing the flair and ability to dribble in the team.

Joe Cole is fantastic...shame he's a crock. If he's fit will add an extra dimension at the WC, would take some of the pressure off Rooney in terms of providing the flair and ability to dribble in the team.

Aye, but then he'd make a massive howler by failing to track back or something and become the latest England scapegoat.

He might have ruined Duff, but he made Joe Cole IMO... turned him from just a tricky player to a really effective one. A bit like Fergie with Ronaldo.

I remember after one Chelsea match Mourinho came out for a post match interview and tore Joe Cole a new one just because he tried some back heel pass or something.

Said something like if he does it again he won't play for Chelsea again.   Wtf like, what kind of way is that to behave to a good, skilful player like Cole.  Can you imagine if a manager said something like that to a player like Ronaldinho.. don't think so.

I remember after one Chelsea match Mourinho came out for a post match interview and tore Joe Cole a new one just because he tried some back heel pass or something.

Said something like if he does it again he won't play for Chelsea again.   Wtf like, what kind of way is that to behave to a good, skilful player like Cole.  Can you imagine if a manager said something like that to a player like Ronaldinho.. don't think so.

Can't remember that TBH, but I still think Cole was a better player after working with Mourinho than before. He might have done that anyway I suppose, no way to tell.

Duff is shit. N'Zogbia inferred to something similar when he was being kept out of the team by this past-it, has-been. WTF does what he's 'achieved in his career' have to do with how he been playing the past few seasons? Reputation-based team-selection has served us well, eh?

Riise's spot-on, and he wasn't exactly 'having a go,' simply outlining the reasons why he isn't in the first team and thinks why he deserves a go. I doubt Hodgson will take any 'action' which the article calls for. Sure, it's never good to critique another teammate in the press but come on, this was hardly sensational.