Libya/Michael Shields

James

Is anyone at all convinced that Jack Straw's decision to release Michael Shields, having twice refused to pardon him, has nothing to do with the recent Libya fiasco?

Huh? I thought it was because some other bloke confessed to it.

Is anyone at all convinced that Jack Straw's decision to release Michael Shields, having twice refused to pardon him, has nothing to do with the recent Libya fiasco?

My understanding was that, whilst the other bloke confessed to it, they only did so after finding out it was impossible for them to serve any punishment for the crime. If so, he might as well own up.

Nothing that hasn't been known for years. The confessor couldn't even correctly identify the weapon he used by the way.

My understanding was that, whilst the other bloke confessed to it, they only did so after finding out it was impossible for them to serve any punishment for the crime. If so, he might as well own up.

Well, it still helps support the case for a pardon. Anyway, my point is that James' conspiracy theory is balls.

Well, it still helps support the case for a pardon. Anyway, my point is that James' conspiracy theory is balls.

I don't understand his jump of logic either.

I'm still banned from a Newsagents in Liverpool for refusing to sign a petition to free MS.

Personally I think the 'confession' was bogus and there is little grounds for a pardon. Also don't see why he should be put up in a British Prison at our cost. He did the crime in Bulgaria, he should serve the time there. and if that means he's in a squalid concrete cell (i.e. what a prison should be) then so be it.

(that goes for anyone comitting a crime outside of the UK btw, our prisons are full of foreigners who have comitted crimes in the UK so fare's fare!)

Guest toonlass

Thought all the evidence against Shields was bullshit anyway? Who cares tbh. IRA bombers were let out of prison early for good press so why not a scouser?

Thought all the evidence against Shields was bullshit anyway?

They thought the evidence against Gerrard was bullshit so this definately was.

Guest Heneage

The two sides to this story are very confusing. The case for him doing it, says he was picked out of a line up by witnesses, numerous people saw him do it. The case against say his picture was plastered around town before the case was finished and it was all but assumed by locals he did it, and that a hotel porter even said he had been in the hotel hours prior.

The two sides to this story are very confusing. The case for him doing it, says he was picked out of a line up by witnesses, numerous people saw him do it. The case against say his picture was plastered around town before the case was finished and it was all but assumed by locals he did it, and that a hotel porter even said he had been in the hotel hours prior.

To be fair he looks like any other shaven headed football lout.