Beatles: Rock Band (Abbey Road now available)

James

I'll have this by tonight. Annoyed I can't transfer tracks.

Anyway, does it have a beatles-esque story mode or something? What makes it different/worthy of a new game?

Yeah the story is basically just tracking their career through different venues, so their early material at the Cavern, Hard Day's Night on American TV, Stadium Concerts, the Abbey Road hideout, and the Rooftop finale.

What makes it worthy of a new game? Well its definitely got the best visuals to date and there is a lot of attention to detail, but ultimately it is a new game because it is the Beatles and it is a beatles game for Beatles fans. Think about it this way: £40 for 45 songs is cheaper than it would be if it was released on a track basis online, and lets face it, you can't just release a tiny proportion of their catalogue as people will be dissapointed. You've got to go the  whole way here and the game is probably the cheapest and most efficient way to do it.

Only bother buying if you are a Beatles fan though.

Yeah, I understand the marketing etc, just wondering about actual computer game changes. I'm gonna give the story a try and see if I get into it.

Ultimately, I would've bought this if I could transfer the tracks. As I can't transfer the tracks, I won't be buying it.

I bought the full limited edition set with the new drums, a Hofner bass controller and mic with stand and it is fucking lush! The bass/guitar controller is awesome, almost a full-size neck on it which makes a lot easier for us long-armed lads to play. And the game itself is quality as well. 10/10 for me best music game by far.

Guitar Hero >>>> Rock Band

Quite the opposite I'm afraid. :)

I don't see how you could even say that.  The drums alone make it a better product, not to mention the superior gameplay.

Thankfully no-one else in the world thinks that GH is a better product.

Guitar Hero >>>> Rock Band

Quite the opposite I'm afraid. :)

I don't see how you could even say that.  The drums alone make it a better product, not to mention the superior gameplay.

The drums....I'll give you that much. But for me the gameplay is a hell of a lot tighter on Rock Band. The older Guitar Hero games were really good but since GH3 there's been something missing IMO. They started to lean over to the casual family gamer and Rock Band delivered a cracking game with their first outing while Guitar Hero just went backwards.

The music on the first Rockband was shite imo.. then again i like me heavy metals so Guitar hero 1 to 3 are the best for me.

The DLC / ability to transfer songs from RB1 -> RB2 is pretty much the best thing about the game imo.

Im not disputing the Beatles greatness here but dont these games need tracks with great guitar solos!?!?!?

Naah, I get the feeling this game is a lot more about experiencing the ride of going through a Beatles catalogue and getting in touch with your hippy vibe than any mental guitar solos.

Im not disputing the Beatles greatness here but dont these games need tracks with great guitar solos!?!?!?

Naah, I get the feeling this game is a lot more about experiencing the ride of going through a Beatles catalogue and getting in touch with your hippy vibe than any mental guitar solos.

Ah right, might get it.  Deffo getting GH5!!!

Ah right, might get it.  Deffo getting GH5!!!

Got both. Played neither. Stupid Fifa demo...

Will maybe have a quick bash on one tonight tho.