Sam Vokes on loan?

ChrisJbarnes

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5546058,00.html

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has confirmed he is ready to let striker Sam Vokes leave on loan.

The Welsh international almost joined Derby on transfer deadline day, but they called off a move when Rob Hulse's move to Middlesbrough failed to materialise.

Whilst Derby maintain an interest, the likes of Newcastle and Boro have also been linked with the 19-year-old.

"We'll see what happens when everyone gets back from the international duty," McCarthy told the club's website.

"Sam really needs to play some football.

"There was half a chance he could have gone out last week.

"For him to develop and for us to benefit he has to play regularly.

"Sam has had a meteoric rise from Bournemouth and for him to improve he's got to play some football so there's a chance he can go out."

McCarthy also hinted that the likes of Daniel Jones and Mark Little could also be loaned out.

"We are in a good reserve league this year with fixtures to be fulfilled," Mick added.

"But those games probably aren't of much use for players like Daniel Jones and Mark Little.

"They've had a taste of first team football and need to be playing it.

"We've not had any enquiries for any of them yet but we'll see."

is he any good?

He's already got a handful of full Welsh caps (alright, not hard) and looked very good for Wolves in this division last season.

He'd be an excellent short-term signing.

Don't much care signing players on loan who chose to sign for Wolves over us tbh

A one-time-toon target. There was uproar when we signed Rossi off the Mancs on loan to give him experience, so signing players from Wolves is blow to the ego but more than anything else do we really want a not so prolific goalscoring 19 year old striker in. May as well stick with Nile or give Wes a punt.

He's already got a handful of full Welsh caps (alright, not hard) and looked very good for Wolves in this division last season.

Don't much care signing players on loan who chose to sign for Wolves over us tbh

Was there ever even a bid from us?

Was there ever even a bid from us?

Think Allardyce had an offer in at the time, memory of it isn't exact but the lad had a choice (around the same time as Aaron Spear's move was first mooted) to come to us at the end of the season (Bournemouth in financial difficulty) but we'd buy him in the January or give B'mouth the cash straight away. Vokes turned the move down apparently. Signs for Wolves over the summer instead.

Shame on him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5546058,00.html

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has confirmed he is ready to let striker Sam Vokes leave on loan.

The Welsh international almost joined Derby on transfer deadline day, but they called off a move when Rob Hulse's move to Middlesbrough failed to materialise.

Whilst Derby maintain an interest, the likes of Newcastle and Boro have also been linked with the 19-year-old.

"We'll see what happens when everyone gets back from the international duty," McCarthy told the club's website.

"Sam really needs to play some football.

"There was half a chance he could have gone out last week.

"For him to develop and for us to benefit he has to play regularly.

"Sam has had a meteoric rise from Bournemouth and for him to improve he's got to play some football so there's a chance he can go out."

McCarthy also hinted that the likes of Daniel Jones and Mark Little could also be loaned out.

"We are in a good reserve league this year with fixtures to be fulfilled," Mick added.

"But those games probably aren't of much use for players like Daniel Jones and Mark Little.

"They've had a taste of first team football and need to be playing it.

"We've not had any enquiries for any of them yet but we'll see."

is he any good?

From Bournemouth to Wolves' reserves. :lol:

He was a capable player in the CCC but we need more experience and like him mor not, Harewood would be a good choice. He has shown in the past he can score goals at this level and will do so again. Add to his physical style, it will help the likes of Carroll and Ranger to come on and allow lovenkrands time to get fit. I would rather keep developing Ranger than using Vokes on a short term deal, just to assist Wolves.

He was a capable player in the CCC but we need more experience and like him mor not, Harewood would be a good choice. He has shown in the past he can score goals at this level and will do so again. Add to his physical style, it will help the likes of Carroll and Ranger to come on and allow lovenkrands time to get fit. I would rather keep developing Ranger than using Vokes on a short term deal, just to assist Wolves.

How much do you make from being Marlon's agent? Do you have many other washed-up footballers on your agency books?

Aaah, Stu, another smart arse.

Well, firstly, can you name me anyone else we could get a loan of who has certain qualities we need to get out of this division?

secondly, are you saying you prefer us to give game time to a 19 year old reserve from Wolves who has had little game time?

thirdly, I suppose you would think that our younger players like Ranger, Carroll, and Vuckic would learn oohhhh so much from Vokes?

Fourthly, IMHO, Harewood may be no Shearer mor Viduka but he has the battling physical qualities that we need the youngsters to learn from to get out of this division.

Finally, who do you suggest we sign on loan instead? I would be very interested to hear that.

Oh, and no, I am not a football agent, as you well know, but I am a highly qualified and experienced coach so I do know what I am talking about

Guest rosstoon

I mentioned it on another post that he is not good enough for Newcastle. I live in Bournemouth and have watched him a lot. He was good in League 2. He is a very tidy player in that league, quick feet etc but he will not improve us. He will just hamper the progression of players coming through. I like him as a player but hes not for us. Hopefully I will be proven wrong

Well, firstly, can you name me anyone else we could get a loan of who has certain qualities we need to get out of this division?

secondly, are you saying you prefer us to give game time to a 19 year old reserve from Wolves who has had little game time?

thirdly, I suppose you would think that our younger players like Ranger, Carroll, and Vuckic would learn oohhhh so much from Vokes?

Fourthly, IMHO, Harewood may be no Shearer mor Viduka but he has the battling physical qualities that we need the youngsters to learn from to get out of this division.

Finally, who do you suggest we sign on loan instead? I would be very interested to hear that.

Oh, and no, I am not a football agent, as you well know, but I am a highly qualified and experienced coach so I do know what I am talking about

:mackems:

I was poking fun at the fact you were highlighting Marlon Harewood's "like it or not" qualities. Nothing to do with the merits of Vokes, but I'm sure as a highly qualified and experienced coach you're able to read.

:mackems:

I was poking fun at the fact you were highlighting Marlon Harewood's "like it or not" qualities. Nothing to do with the merits of Vokes, but I'm sure as a highly qualified and experienced coach you're able to read.

Marlon Harewood might be crap by Premier standards but at this level would be a very useful addition to the squad so what macca says is pretty much on the nail though.

never seen him at club level but watched him for Wales and senior and U'21 level. He's decent, but only about the same level as Ranger at the moment. Would be a decent signing, but would be a bench boy if Shola & Carroll were fit.

Think he's only scored once for Wales and that was a tap in which he couldn't miss.