$25,000 advice from a fan

Tachikoma

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2006/11/10/sports/15976667&sec=sports

RIO DE JANEIRO: A fan of relegation-threatened Brazilian club Fluminense spent around US$25,000 on Wednesday to give advice to coach Paulo Cesar Gusmao on team selection.

The fan, who gave her name as Sheila Candiogo, took out paid advertising space on the inside back page of the Rio de Janeiro daily O Globo to send her tips to Gusmao, who is Fluminense's sixth coach this year and has yet to win a game.

“The appeal I'm making is simple,” she wrote.

“Please field a real forward alongside Tuta ... If possible Alex. Or Beto. But don't field Lenny. You'll be doing him a favour. Against Botafogo, Lenny tripped over the ball again.

“Please help Fluminense not to go down. Millions of fans will be eternally grateful to you. Many are children, who don't deserve this long agony.”

Fluminense are 16th in the 20-team Brazilian championship with 36 points.

Fluminese = us by christmas.

“The appeal I'm making is simple,” she wrote.

“Please field a real forward alongside erm erm ... If possible erm erm. Or erm. But don't field Duff. Or Shola.  Or Sibierski.  Or Luque.  Or Rossi.  You'll be doing us a favour.”

Guest ChickenKiev

If I was the coach, I'd put a full page advert in next week's paper that reads "STICK TO THE ****ING HOUSEWORK, BITCH".

Pleasant bloke you like.

Guest Gemmill

If I was the coach, I'd put a full page advert in next week's paper that reads "STICK TO THE ****ING HOUSEWORK, BITCH".

Pleasant bloke you like.

Despicable, aren't I?

Guest elbee909

Pleasant bloke you like.

Despicable, aren't I?

She probably has enough money to get you 'cleaned'.

Tsk, tsk.

I'm sure she wouldn't have even thought about offering an opinion on anything before the beds were made and the ironing done. It's page two of our handbook, a total no no.  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Gemmill

Tsk, tsk.

I'm sure she wouldn't have even thought about offering an opinion on anything before the beds were made and the ironing done. It's page two of our handbook, a total no no.   bluebiggrin.gif

Helen Mirren has taught you well.  :winking:

Guest Gemmill
:lol:  She looks like she soaks them in bleach and takes a hammer to her nails on a regular basis tbh.  They're a mess!  I wouldn't let her near me with them.  And yes, she WILL be gutted to hear that.  bluebigrazz.gif

Aight, hypothetical situation:

RIO DE JANEIRO: A fan of relegation-threatened Brazilian club Fluminense spent around US$25,000 on Wednesday to give advice to coach Paulo Cesar Gusmao on team selection.

The fan, who gave his name as Gemmil, took out paid advertising space on the inside back page of the Rio de Janeiro daily O Globo to send her tips to Gusmao, who is Fluminense's sixth coach this year and has yet to win a game.

“The appeal I'm making is simple,” he wrote.

“Please field a real forward alongside Tuta ... If possible Alex. Or Beto. But don't field Lenny. You'll be doing him a favour. Against Botafogo, Lenny tripped over the ball again.

“Please help Fluminense not to go down. Millions of fans will be eternally grateful to you. Many are children, who don't deserve this long agony.”

Fluminense are 16th in the 20-team Brazilian championship with 36 points.

Now, your responses? :D