Leon Cort (Carl's Centre-Back bro ya know) Expected to Join on Loan from stoke?

Guest neesy111

Very experienced at the championship level and was pretty good when I saw him play for Palace. Pretty quick and athletic from what I remember. Very, very poor and wretched man's Distin.

What the hell? Do you want to make up your mind? :facepalm:

:lol:

He's a Distin type i.e. quick and athletic sort but a lower standard of player is what I meant. This is not necessarily a bad thing as Distin is a very good player. Basically, he's not going to stand out at premiership level but is a good to very good defender in the championship.

Erm this 'Very, very poor and wretched' doesnt suggest what you are saying at all

Basically he's got the physical attributes but lacks the nous to cut it in the premier. Might be a very shrewd loan signing.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

sorry lads, was expecting a striker since we're short of them

To be fair, we're even shorter on centre-backs.

Even shorter on winger, only got 1.

2, lovenkrand's i class as a winger

Lovenkrands is far and away better up front, which he proved at Rangers.

but we need wingers, i don't want raylor no where near our midfield

But Lovenkrands is is not that great on the wing.

No he's crap, people just think he's a winger becauuse he's fast and left footed, his crossing and passing are shocking, I'd prefer raylor tbh, got alot of our assists this term.

sound's just like our only winger, (as his passing and crossing is shocking as well)

Jonas' passing is surprising good, he plays alot of dangerous through balls, I never understand where people get this concept that he can't pass at all, he's no Alonso but he's fairly decent.

I'd agree that Jonas can pass, but he seems to have a problem when he has to loft the ball. His crosses tend to be too hard and low, as though he doesn't have the right kind of 'golf shot' technique in his armoury. Maybe it's something to do with those long, spindly legs of his.

No he's crap, people just think he's a winger becauuse he's fast and left footed, his crossing and passing are shocking, I'd prefer raylor tbh, got alot of our assists this term.

sound's just like our only winger, (as his passing and crossing is shocking as well)

Jonas' passing is surprising good, he plays alot of dangerous through balls, I never understand where people get this concept that he can't pass at all, he's no Alonso but he's fairly decent.

He doesn't play a lot of dangerous through balls, he plays about one a month. He can do them from time to time but doesn't even attempt them that much.

Stoke supporting mate of mine says he is shite.

Stoke supporting mate of mine says he's pretty decent. To paraphrase - "Doesn't get booked not because he doesn't tackle, but because he usually gets the ball. Good at getting his head to crosses in the box at both ends. Always seems to have time on the ball." He doesn't really understand why he's not considered good enough.

He doesn't play a lot of dangerous through balls, he plays about one a month. He can do them from time to time but doesn't even attempt them that much.

Well he doesnt play them every game but who in our team does, people should stop with all the Jonas hating, after his first few games  everyone had to clean there monitors thrice a day due blurring from man juice, then he went crap whislt being managed by JFK, like most.

Stoke supporting mate of mine says he's pretty decent. To paraphrase - "Doesn't get booked not because he doesn't tackle, but because he usually gets the ball. Good at getting his head to crosses in the box at both ends. Always seems to have time on the ball." He doesn't really understand why he's not considered good enough.

Everyone's been emailing their stoke supporting mates then :lol:

I got 'will do a decent job for you in the championship but definitely not premiership standard'.

I got 'will do a decent job for you in the championship but definitely not premiership standard'.

Mine said, 'am going to kick your fucking face in you geordie cunt'.

We go way back.

Think it would be an error to bring in a player of Cort's standard to immediately replace Coloccini.

If Colo leaves in January then fair enough, but he hasn't been bad enough to warrant a dropping IMO. We've hardly conceded a goal FFS.

We need the numbers more than anything else. With 46 games this season plus cup games two centre backs isn't enough. Even if he doesn't make the first team straight away he should see plenty of action.

Think it would be an error to bring in a player of Cort's standard to immediately replace Coloccini.

If Colo leaves in January then fair enough, but he hasn't been bad enough to warrant a dropping IMO. We've hardly conceded a goal FFS.

We need the numbers more than anything else. With 46 games this season plus cup games two centre backs isn't enough. Even if he doesn't make the first team straight away he should see plenty of action.

Yeah, agree totally with that, I just don't want to see Colo booted to the bench just yet.

So, that'll be about four e-mails sent then, yeah?

Guest Roger Kint

Think it would be an error to bring in a player of Cort's standard to immediately replace Coloccini. If Colo leaves in January then fair enough, but he hasn't been bad enough to warrant a dropping IMO. We've hardly conceded a goal FFS.

To be fair its always been cover that Hughton is looking for.

Guest neesy111

Since we have now established he's a defender, he seems to have a pretty good goal scoring record.  :thup:

yes, one goal every 10 games, a lot better than our whole midfield

Guest neesy111

Can't believe the racist undertones in the opening post tbh.

What just because a black guy is named Cort he has to be a striker?!

Unbelievable.

that was a genuine mistake, as I thought that he was a striker and I thought the first priority in the squad is to get another fit striker in

Can't believe the racist undertones in the opening post tbh.

What just because a black guy is named Cort he has to be a striker?!

Unbelievable.

that was a genuine mistake, as I thought that he was a striker and I thought the first priority in the squad is to get another fit striker in

:laugh:

Was just messing about mate. Sorry, should have had a smiley in there somewhere.

:blush: