igfx error

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

I bought a new laptop last monday and had a load of problems with it, including multiple igfx errors which caused vista to try and crash, a problem with the touchpad and others, so I took it back on saturday and they took all the programmes off and put them back on again. I got home and was having the same problems, so I took it back this morning and they decided that it wasn't the software it was the machine. Have had the machine back a couple of hours and just had another blank screen, a message saying that there was an igfx error and that vista has recovered. Is this something I should be worried about or is it nowt much really.

Sounds like a driver problem.

Check the support section of your laptop manufacturer and see if there's an updated version of the VGA driver for your system, if there is then download it and install the updated driver.

Alternatively, take the laptop back to the shop and demand a different laptop.

Guest toonlass

Check the support section of your laptop manufacturer and see if there's an updated version of the VGA driver for your system, if there is then download it and install the updated driver.

Will try the support section thing, is that the "maintenance" bit?

This is the second laptop in a week I have had from them. Same type of laptop, different machine.

This is the second laptop in a week I have had from them. Same type of laptop, different machine.

Depends on the manufacturer, most of them have a pretty prominent Drivers & Downloads section.

If you've had the same issue with two of the same model of laptop I'd return it and get a different model as it would suggest that there's a fundamental problem with that model.

Guest toonlass

Depends on the manufacturer, most of them have a pretty prominent Drivers & Downloads section.

If you've had the same issue with two of the same model of laptop I'd return it and get a different model as it would suggest that there's a fundamental problem with that model.

Have checked, there is no updates for the machine. Am going to take it back again.

Like Ikri says, they're just installing old drivers over the top of old drivers.

Take it back, explain the problem and tell them it's not fit for purpose. you'll help other people not being taken for cunts. Not that you are mind, it's just they don't know what they're doing. Installing windows is probably as far as they got in tech-guys class.

If you post the model & make i'm sure someone could point you to an updated driver page, only if you can't be arsed to smack the goofy name wearing onion head with your laptop.

I hate shops, whatever you do don't tell them it's for your mam of you're fucked.

Oh, don't tell them you want another laptop, tell them you want your money back. see where that gets you.