Job stuff

Unemployed Scab, milking the system for every penny i can get.

I was an Automotive Colourist.

Stop stealing Ronaldo's taxes you inconsiderate oik.

Hey, I'm only getting my taxes back. Was in full empoyment for 21 years.

Not that i get much tbh, got 6 months JSA based on payed tax, then i got nothing as the missus was earning more than 270 per week.

Then she got made redundant in feb, i've had a grand total of £114 in the last 6 months.

Tight bastards

Guest GallowgateKev

computers

resident nerdlinger

professional spreadsheet w***** is far nerdier m8

Such is life. I used to actually deal with clients and do way more. Now I get paid more and eat cake all day.

I LOVE CAKE!!!

That's why I'm a fat cunt

Currently doing admin for the local area planning department, but hopefully I'll snatch the senior role that's currently being advertised in the department. Making a decent claim for it so far I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for any freelancers on here. Or two actually. I charge a day rate always and amount depends on the people I'm working for, usually a certain amount for one company which gives me most of my work and a bit more for others. If I am doing a 3 day job and one day is a travel day, are you meant to charge for that day or should you negotiate that with the people employing you? Also if you are employed for say between 3-9 which is slightly more than a half day, would you normally charge a full day? It's the TV/Sound industry.

Question for any freelancers on here. Or two actually. I charge a day rate always and amount depends on the people I'm working for, usually a certain amount for one company which gives me most of my work and a bit more for others. If I am doing a 3 day job and one day is a travel day, are you meant to charge for that day or should you negotiate that with the people employing you? Also if you are employed for say between 3-9 which is slightly more than a half day, would you normally charge a full day? It's the TV/Sound industry.

For the travel day you would have to agree it. I would say it was reasonable to charge because it's a day you are in their service and you can't work for anyone else. Guess they could object if you just need it because you live in the wrong place or something. Either way you would really need to decide and agree before you did it.

On the 3-9 one, it depends on how you charge. I charge by the day, and I'm meant to work a nominal 8 hours, so anything less than a full day I charge at 0.5, 0.75 etc etc. But you could also bill by the hour.

TBH since I work for large organisations usually nobody would query what portion of a day I billed for. Sometimes I work 7 hours and sometimes 9, either way I just bill for one day.

For the travel day you would have to agree it. I would say it was reasonable to charge because it's a day you are in their service and you can't work for anyone else. Guess they could object if you just need it because you live in the wrong place or something. Either way you would really need to decide and agree before you did it.

On the 3-9 one, it depends on how you charge. I charge by the day, and I'm meant to work a nominal 8 hours, so anything less than a full day I charge at 0.5, 0.75 etc etc. But you could also bill by the hour.

TBH since I work for large organisations usually nobody would query what portion of a day I billed for. Sometimes I work 7 hours and sometimes 9, either way I just bill for one day.

Ta. It's assumed a ten hour day I think with my work. I'll probably charge them a full day unless they say anything when we do it. I'll ask a camerman I know about the travel too. Really don't like discussing money with the companies I work for, find it really awkward but it has to be done.

• Rich changed the title to Job stuff