Job stuff

Tooj

25 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Awwwww @Mike :lol:

:lol: I changed the paper towel dispenser Friday because I still have the key on my keychain so I'm feeling pretty fucking secure rn.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: I changed the paper towel dispenser Friday because I still have the key on my keychain so I'm feeling pretty fucking secure rn.

Is the job itself looking good now you’re out of the warehouse? Or have they clocked some NSFW Bruce with his foreskin rurrlllled doon and you’ve got some explaining to do?

33 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Is the job itself looking good now you’re out of the warehouse? Or have they clocked some NSFW Bruce with his foreskin rurrlllled doon and you’ve got some explaining to do?

It's great. Banter with coworkers is 10/10 and the job itself is the perfect combo of easy and educational. Made it through season 5 and some of season 6 of Father Brown as well.

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'd rather pick up crusty sanitary towels.

:lol: Like fuck would you.

:lol: The brunette they added a few seasons ago makes me absolutely feral with her old timey accent and wide arse.

12 hours ago, gbandit said:

‘Why was that asshole hired in the first place?’

Long overdue grats on joining the ranks of us white collar parasites, Mike :lol:

On 23/01/2023 at 11:20, Doctor Zaius said:

Anyone in tech fearful? Spotify laying off 600, Microsoft 10000, Google 12000 in the last few days. 

https://layoffs.fyi/ is frightening viewing. Bit of a bloodbath ongoing. 

Not too much. Big Tech has been on an insane - like, legit early 2000's tech boom insane - hiring spree over the pandemic. These cuts post-pandemic seem big and alarming but are kind of just a correction in my view. They're also not necessarily IT/tech people. Lots of marketing, sales, etc jobs bundled in there. Skilled pros shouldn't worry too hard.

Edited by thomas

I went to an awards show in Norway on Friday, tons of Norwegian celebs and all. I've never been more confused as when I introduced myself to some fairly well known people, they somehow already knew who I was - and at one point - someone I'd never spoken to shouted my name because they wanted to get my attention so they could introduces themselves to me. Princess Märtha Louise knew who I was due to her daughter apparently :dontknow:I don't understand what my life is and my imposter syndrome is killing me.

Your life sounds incredible to be honest Kaiz, I think we all feel like imposters with our work a lot of the time but I guess it’s a bit turbo-charged when there’s a celebrity element involved. I still have no idea how you became an agent 

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Yeah, how did you become an agent, @Kaizero?

I started an agency and based it on a non-exclusive model, shaped after how US agencies operate. Made it win/win for potential clients as worst case they get no more offers than they already have, but even if they only get just one offer through us whilst represented - that one offer is one more than they'd have without us. 

Main reason behind it came after learning how the major Norwegian agencies operated. Most, if you're not a "favourite" client, just take control of their pre-existing mailbox and respond to mails with offers the talent would've gotten even without the agency - then they take a cut between 30-40%. It's idiotic, but talents think they're more "secure" if they have an agency representing them, not realising they're just throwing money away. At this stage potential clients have started approaching us, which is surreal as we only really started in late November 🤷🏼‍♂️