Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

wish we had the balls to go 4-4-2 with Lovenkrands and Carroll upfront.  I know were away from home, but we shouldn't always play 4-5-1 away.  It was sensible and paid off against Cardiff, but would expect us to play a more attacking formation for this one.

We should be going out to win these kind of games. I agree

wish we had the balls to go 4-4-2 with Lovenkrands and Carroll upfront.  I know were away from home, but we shouldn't always play 4-5-1 away.  It was sensible and paid off against Cardiff, but would expect us to play a more attacking formation for this one.

For all we know it maybe the strategy for this one, keep it tight for 45 mins, then switch to 4-4-2 and hit them for the second 45 mins with Lovenkrands.  Perhaps he isn't quite fit to start.

We will soon find out.

For all we know it maybe the strategy for this one, keep it tight for 45 mins, then switch to 4-4-2 and hit them for the second 45 mins with Lovenkrands.  Perhaps he isn't quite fit to start.

We will soon find out.

Smith said in interview before the match that Lovenkrands didn't train until Friday because of a knee injury obviously nowhere near fit enough to start.

We will soon find out.

Smith said in interview before the match that Lovenkrands didn't train until Friday because of a knee injury obviously nowhere near fit enough to start.

Ah, cool, thanks for that.