Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

We're going to get mugged here.

Why mugged? That implies some inherent superiority, which is bullshit, because you both started the season on 0 points in the Championship and at any time when you're losing/doing poorly against another Championship side, could it not be because they're playing better and deserve it, rather than 'mugging' you, insinuating it's some sort of cheeky smash and grab that never should've happened? Pah.

We are superior, we are also far superior to Watford.

I hate this attitude.  We started the season well and suddenly we are 'far superior' to other teams.

I remember when we signed Nolan from Bolton, and we were saying the same to their fans.. what division are they in?

I was joking.

what's the point in carroll winning every header, when there's no one to get onto them

Because it makes to much sense to only play long balls when you've another striker upfront to win the flick ons. Instead, pack the midfield full of players & then bypass them with overhit passes from defence.

Its all well thought out obviously.

Well I'm stuck with watching the BBC live text thing as my only source of knowledge about what's going on. All I'm seeing is:

........ takes a shot. Saved by Steve Harper.

Not encouraging at all from that, sounds like they've had more chances in the first 20 mins, than our last 2 or 3 opponents managed to create put together.

This is where we need a strong manager, can you really see Hughton giving them the bolocking it sounds they deserve at half time ? If of course things don't improve.