Newcastle United V Plymouth Argyle Pre-Match Thread - 19/09/09- 3pm KO

Fenham Mag

Harper

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Butt Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Lovenkrands is wasted out wide

I wondered who'd fail to spot that's the team I think will play rather than the one I'd pick. I thought the selection of Nicky Butt made it obvious...

Barton is shit on the wing, clearly a better player than Smith or Butt but gets shifted out to the wing because he's stronger and quicker than both of them, disgrace.

Harper

Simpson    Taylor    Colo    Enrique

R Taylor    Butt    Smith    Nolan

Loven

Carroll

I reckon he'll go for. I'd play Geremi, these lot have played twice in already in 4 days, Nolan will be fucked after about 25 mins so I'd rest him.

2-0.

Ranger ahead of Carroll? Have a word lads, f***ing hell.

Harper

Simpson   Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Taylor/Geremi   Guthrie   Smith   Barton

Lovenkrands   Carroll

Is what id go for. Perhaps switching Guthrie with Barton as i still think he can be more useful than he has been by far.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini   Enrique

R Taylor   Barton  Smith   Geremi

Nolan

Carroll    

Please God don't let Nicky Butt be anywhere near the team.

I think Geremi is as effective an outlet as Ryan Taylor on the wing, provided the bulk of the movement comes from Barton and Smith in the centre.

Alternatively, Guthrie for Geremi.

If Hughton drops Butt for Smith that will atleast restore a little faith. He has previously left Butt out when he was supposed to be fit for smith, so hopefully that mentality plus our first loss with Butt in the side will surely make than an easy decision.

Desperately need some pace in the side - Lovenkrands has to start upfront with Carroll. The biggest problem though is the wide areas - Ryan Taylor isn't quick and Barton is no left-sided midfielder either. Square pegs in round holes again.

We could do with a couple of loan signings in too. Won't hold my breath though - Ashley won't OK any deals.

Desperately need some pace in the side - Lovenkrands has to start upfront with Carroll. The biggest problem though is the wide areas - Ryan Taylor isn't quick and Barton is no left-sided midfielder either. Square pegs in round holes again.

We could do with a couple of loan signings in too. Won't hold my breath though - Ashley won't OK any deals.

i'd swap the pace for good movement and decent passing.

Why on earth would you play Lovenkrands in the hole behind the lone striker?

It does work if you have him playing on the shoulder of Carroll, his pace over distance isn't terriffic, but his acceleration over short distances is great. It works because if a team tries to go deep you can fire it in high to carroll to try and head them in, or if they try play a high offside, teams here simply aren't that well organized, so there will be chances.

It does work if you have him playing on the shoulder of Carroll, his pace over distance isn't terriffic, but his acceleration over short distances is great. It works because if a team tries to go deep you can fire it in high to carroll to try and head them in, or if they try play a high offside, teams here simply aren't that well organized, so there will be chances.

the big man flicking it on for the smaller quick man is one of charles hughes faves. and its crap.

the big man flicking it on for the smaller quick man is one of charles hughes faves. and its crap.

I don't care if it works.

problem is that it doesn't.

problem is that it doesn't.

Shearer and Bellamy would disagree.