-------------------------------------------

-Simpson---Taylor---Colo---Enrique-

------------------------------------------

-------------------Smith----------------

-------------Barton-----Guthrie-------

------------------------------------------

---------Carroll-----------Ranger-----

---------------Loverkrands------------

Pretty much Keegan's 4-3-3.  Simpson and Enrique always pushing forward.  Loverkrands playing in Owen's position but hopefully getting beyond Ranger and Carroll as much as possible chasing flick ons (that's why I've put him ahead of them).

I don't see why we can't play this in most games even if we are away.

It never fails to amuse me, all these wacky Champ Manager esque formations in these threads.

4-4-2 and 4-4-3???

Must be some sort of cheat. Up, down, left, right ABC + Start?

:cheesy:

Harper

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Butt Barton

Nolan

Carroll

Not one person on this board would pick that side - but I doubt anyone would bet heavily against Hughton selecting that as his starting  line up.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Taylor   Smith  Guthrie  Geremi

Carroll  Loven

is the team that I would go for. Likeability rating hits an all-time low of 1/10000000 chance.

It never fails to amuse me, all these wacky Champ Manager esque formations in these threads.

4-4-2 and 4-4-3???

Must be some sort of cheat. Up, down, left, right ABC + Start?

I'm sure that was the cheat for Sonic on the Sega Megadrive.

They are cack.

6-0

Where are the goals going to come from??

I think we'll win, but certainly not by more than 2 goals max.

Trouble is now we've had a good start people are expecting to win, rather than going to the match not knowing what it will be like.

It was a piss-take, mate. I think we'll win but 1-0 or 2-0 is more likely than owt else.

As you say, generally goals are going to be hard to come by, though we'll probably have the odd blip by knocking a few in and papering over the cracks.

Harper

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Butt Barton

Nolan

Carroll

Not one person on this board would pick that side - but I doubt anyone would bet heavily against Hughton selecting that as his starting  line up.

You're right. This wouldn't be as big a surprise as some of the other predicted lineups. Unfortunately.

Guest toonlass

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie  Barton  Smith  Lovenkrands

Carroll  Ranger

Please.

Why, oh why, oh why would you play Lovenkrands on the wing?

I would consider playing Lovenkrands on the wing for this one as well. He's clearly not a winger and I usually would never consider it but we've got no width whatsoever at the minute and we've also got a lack of pace. Just for this one match I would play him there for a bit of width, pace and he is also left footed of course. Barton has been fucking awful there and with us not having any other left footers who can play there I don't see any other option unless we're gonna stick with Barton playing in a role he clearly doesn't like and where he contributes nowt. I'm sure Lovenkrands would do some damage down the left against Plymouth and although we shouldn't look at them as if we've already won before the match kicks off, they are bottom of the league and this is exactly the type of game where Nile Ranger is likely to get a chance to open his account and give him some condifence. Ranger up front on his own has done a very good job but he has been working his arse off without any support and he will have that now in Carroll. I'd go:

----------------------Harper---------------------

Simpson---Taylor-------Coloccini-------Enrique

Guthrie----Barton------Smith---------Lovenkrands

-------------Ranger-----Carroll-------------------

Yes I know Guthrie is out of position and normally I would have him in the middle, but the form of Smith, terrible performances from Barton out wide, and the fact that Guthrie is more than capable of putting in some good crosses down the right makes this team the best for this match imo. Barton doesn't even deserve to be in the team but if we play him in his natural position we might just see somewhere near an on form Joey Barton (who would piss on this league). I think Nolan has done pretty good and he doesn't deserve to be dropped but he's clearly not the fittest of players to say the least, and he has played in every match.

Of course Hughton will probably have other ideas.

They are cack.

6-0

Where are the goals going to come from??

I think we'll win, but certainly not by more than 2 goals max.

Trouble is now we've had a good start people are expecting to win, rather than going to the match not knowing what it will be like.

It was a piss-take, mate. I think we'll win but 1-0 or 2-0 is more likely than owt else.

As you say, generally goals are going to be hard to come by, though we'll probably have the odd blip by knocking a few in and papering over the cracks.

I'd genuinely be surprised if Butt starts any more than 10 games this season provided that Smith, Barton, Nolan & Guthrie are available.

Harper

Carroll  Ranger

Please.

:snod:

it's ridiculous isn't it

Harper

Carroll  Ranger

Please.

:snod:

it's ridiculous isn't it

Would you sooner have a left-footed player with pace on the left, with either two strikers or a striker and a player just off him, or Lovenkrands behind/alongside a striker and a right-footed centre-midfielder on the left? I can see why people would put him on the left until Jonas returns.