Nightmares

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Why is it when you think about them they are never as scary as when they were happening. This was one I had last night, seems tame now but I was really scared at the time.

Last night I dreamed that there was a weird smell coming from my dining room, and so my dad went to have a look to see what it was. His dog was sniffing at the skirting board by the cupboard under the stairs and my dad said "Have you ever noticed this weird stain on the wallpaper before". So I went to look and there was a strange light-brown coloured stain. So my dad starts taking the wallpaper off, and the bricks are coming off with the paper. So I go to make him a cuppa, and one my brothers appears from out of no-where, helping my dad. Suddenly they shout out, Fucking hell, there's a body in there!" and my brother is puking, and my dad is going mental. I am shitting myself and cannot leave the kitchen and my dad comes running in, and is saying "There's a body behind you wall, and its decomposed, you are going to have to go and get the police". Then they come out with this note, and its confessing to murdering a young lass and bricking her up in the wall, and I am feeling absolutely terrified, and don't want to see the body. So I go outside, still not seen the body, cos I was scared to go in the dining room, and am running all over Blyth trying to find a policeman (much like you would have to whenever you see a crime happening in Blyth cos they are all sat in Bedlington police station drinking tea and eating hobnobs). Once I find a policeman I am telling them that I have a dead body in the house, and they seem kind of not bothered, ask where I live and say "Oh aye, an RAF pilot crashed in 1985 around your way". And I am trying to tell them that its a lass, and she is manky and all that, but they are just "Oh right we will be round soon".

Woke up absolutely terrified.

I get them all the time. :( Always need a wee when I wake up from one as well, and lie there for a few minutes terrified to go to the toilet, but knowing I won't be able to go back to sleep while I'm desperate.  :lol:

had some scary dreams, only one nightmare which was a recurring one in my early twenties.

i have drerams where i'm being chased but i run dead slow (bit of realism there) as if i'm running in thick mud.

Yeah, i always get that. Also when I fight in my dreams i can't punch, my swings travel at like 1mph. :lol:

Used to always have a recurring nightmare when i was young. Was that i was on my way to school and everyone was laughing at me as I approached the school gates, only to look down and realise i wasn't wearing any pants.

The sort I get most commonly are those that involve crashes - bus, plane, train, metro, car. Always horrific at the time, even if in the nightmare I'm just watching it happen and not actually being a part of it. I'm nervous as fuck about travelling anyway so it doesn't help at all.

And I also get the one where you can't run, punch or whatever. Horrible. :(

Oh, and I get quite a few where my teeth are falling out. Supposed to symbolise lack of power or something.

had some scary dreams, only one nightmare which was a recurring one in my early twenties.

i have drerams where i'm being chased but i run dead slow (bit of realism there) as if i'm running in thick mud.

Yeah, i always get that. Also when I fight in my dreams i can't punch, my swings travel at like 1mph. :lol:

Both them happen to me aswell!

the can't run or punch type dream is just a manifestation of hopelessness/helplessness at a certain situation going on in your life.

i have recurring styles of dreams in that they are different but the format is the same. the being at school and not knowing where my next lesson is dream. the being at work and the piece of machinery i operate wont stop  no matter what i do dream.

also i have a habit of dreaming about people even though the person is very different physically in my dream from their reality.

If dreams are , as we are told, ways for the mind to work through actual and potential problems then nightmares must be the same thing, except we call them nightmares because they can be very troubling.

I expect it is just our imaginations trying to make sense of all the bullshit that flows into us and around us all the time.  I would imagine if we didn't dream we would go insane.

Nightmares are fucking peculiar. There's the 'obvious' one, such as in the opening post, where something obviously traumatic and scary happens and it frightens the life out of you... but some things are just so bizarre they leave you feeling just so terribly uneasy and just generally scared.

The worst nightmare i ever had... i was in a bedroom, lying in bed and looking out, with my eyes open - and it's this long sorta room. At the end of the room there were two doors, one on the left and one on the right. Two small children come running out of one of the doors, and then run into the other one, then run out of the other one again, and so on and so forth - playfully laughing constantly. Going round and round and round in and out of these doors. Totally innocuous but weirdly disturbing and i think it'll live with me forever, such was the eerie state of mind i was in. Fairly difficult to explain and this probably seems like nowt, but it's weird what your mind does to you.

:lol: Me too! I was always being chased by a shadow figure. I would be running my ass off, but the shadow was just steady walking behind me, never losing a step on me. I used to have that one over and over and over again. I'll have it again tonight, most likely.

Guest DoWorkSon

im terrified of the thought that someones watching me, like peeping toms and all that

so had this dream that some random fat man was mowing his lawn. and as i walked past to go to my house, his eyes were locked on me and wouldnt look away from me..and as i walked faster and eventually got into my house, which is across the road, i find that my walls have turned into windows, and the man can see perfectly into my house! and every room i go in, he is there across the way, watching me! i cant hide from this creeper!

no good!!

Does anyone on here suffer from sleep paralysis? One of my mates gets it and it seems horrid.

I had it once, it was quite bad but not horrific as I knew what was happening (due to having heard someone else talk about it a few months previously).